Favorite Wrestler

"What I'd like to have now, is for you fat, lazy, out of work, Buffalo meatballs.....to keep it down while I take my robe off. Hit the music!"

RIP Rude one....

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes to Pampero Firpo,  great character.  He used to carry around some sort of shrunken head and pet it while calling it his inspiration.

Crusher Verdue (sp)

Dominic Denucci

Little Abner Osborne

Victor Rivera

Waldo von Erich

There was one guy that they used to introduce as being from Buffalo, Ron Saunders.

I remember they used to print some of the results in the Buffalo Evening News like they did with the boxing results.

And they used to have matches at the Peace Bridge Exhibition Center.

836845[/snapback]

Ohmygosh, Dominic Denucci & Victor Rivera versus The Fargo Brothers - what a tag team match!

(Denucci, in that heavy accent, calling 'em out - "You...you...bleached blond geeks!!!")

And who was the pudgy guy that used to do the interviews promoting the matches at The Aud - he always used to taunt Waldo, asking over and over again, "What's wrong, Von Erich?

John Smith at Oklahoma State.  Not a muscular guy, but his technique was impeccable.  His low single was his signature move. :lol:

846203[/snapback]

There ain't enough periods in a match for him to put a finger on Kenny Monday's ankle, much less control it. 0:)

I read Monday used to pin him for fun at the end of every Okie State practice.

There ain't enough periods in a match for him to put a finger on Kenny Monday's ankle, much less control it.  0:)

I read Monday used to pin him for fun at the end of every Okie State practice.

846228[/snapback]

Kenny was 150 lbs and Smith was only 134 lbs...

What made Smith fantastic is that he didn't look like a wrestler, yet he kicked everyone's ass

John W. Smith (born August 9, 1965) is currently the head coach of wrestling at Oklahoma State University. His teams have won four national titles and have set records for total margin of victory in the NCAA national wrestling tournament.

As a wrestler, Smith won two collegiate titles while wrestling for Oklahoma State in 1987 and 1988 at 134 pounds. Internationally, Smith is regarded as one of the top Freestyle Wrestlers of all-time. He captured six straight World or Olympic Gold medals from 1987-1992 at 62kg. This feat has been duplicated by only a select few wrestlers.

Because of his accomplishments in wrestling, in 1990 he became the first wrestler to win the James E. Sullivan Award.

Smith is not particularly muscular and was not known for overpowering his opponents; rather, he relied on his speed, balance, technique, and incredible flexibility.

His home high school (Del City High School) in Del City, Oklahoma, bares his name on the fieldhouse.

Somebody help jog my memory. On Saturday wrestling on Canadian TV(late 60's/early 70's) there was a wrestler(I believe he was deaf) who would always take a pounding. Anybody remember him or what his name was?

PS Great Aud wrestling memories...Denucci & Parisi, Ernie Ladd & BoBo Brazil!

S.D. "Special Delivery" Jones.

847234[/snapback]

LOL, I remember that guy really well. He was one of the first few people that Macho Man Savage beat the living hell out of :angry:

king kong bundy beat him in 3 seconds at wrestlemania!!!!!!!!!

847505[/snapback]

lol, oh yeah, I remember that too....Bundy was awesome :angry: