I heard TKO on ESPN radio yesterday.

He was asked what the Bills def. is going to do to stop the Colts offense after the Giants and Pats couldn't do the job.

His reply was something like this

We will review the previous 8 game tapes and borrow from them what worked and what didn't work. Hopefully this will give us the winning combination to stop the Colts.

I like that answer he insinuated they are doing special hybrid stuff specifically to stop the Colts.

Should be fun !

He was asked what the Bills def. is going to do to stop the Colts offense after the Giants and Pats couldn't do the job.

We will review the previous 8 game tapes and borrow from them what worked and what didn't work. Hopefully this will give us the winning combination to stop the Colts.

I like that answer he insinuated they are doing special hybrid stuff specifically to stop the Colts.

Should be fun !

830876[/snapback]

Isn't that exactly what other teams coaches do? Watch game films of previous games the opponents have played and try to figure out a way to beat them? The only difference is Buffalo gets 8 games of tape, the Pats only had 7, hardly seems like an original plan.

We will review the previous 8 game tapes and borrow from them what worked and what didn't work.

830876[/snapback]

Hopefully they decided to borrow only what worked, and not borrow what didn't work.

That seems like a bad plan to borrow both. :P

Isn't that exactly what other teams coaches do? Watch game films of previous games the opponents have played and try to figure out a way to beat them? The only difference is Buffalo gets 8 games of tape, the Pats only had 7, hardly seems like an original plan.

830939[/snapback]

True, but by my calculations that gives us a 14.2857% higher chance of success!

EDIT: And a 100% greater chance of success than the Jets, who almost beat them!

I expected to see something more along the lines of.....

" We'll do fine, but the real story is the comeback. The comeback is underway, and I'm making history. Win or lose, there is no disputing how hard I have worked to come back from my injury. Now, everyone please go to my website and order a TKO comeback T-Shirt"

Should be fun !

830876[/snapback]

WOW...watching game films and planning a defense accordingly. Why didn't we do that before? That's a terrific idea, but I'm upset that TKO would mention it...pretty soon everyone will be doing that!!! :P

The way for the Bills to beat the Colts is simple.

Simply stop Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne with two cornerbacks who are overpaid and underperforming.

Stop Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney with two tackles who are inexperienced

Stop Peyton Manning from finding one on one coverages in our secondary with 2 rookie safeties

Take advantage of their pourous run defense with our scrapheap/ journeyman/has been RB .

Outcoach Tony Dungy/ Tom Moore/ Ron Meeks with Dick Jauron/ Steve Fairchild/Perry Fewell

All of this happens, and the Bills will win.

YIKES!!!

I say put the offence on the field instead of the defence and the defence on the field instead of the offence. Really mess with their heads. Have JP set up and get behind centre while Peyton is getting ready to snap the ball. It will confuse them so much they won't know what to do. It will be like having MM back coaching here again.

Sending the defence out on offence plays could work too, Fletcher does have alot of TD's this year.

830939[/snapback]

The Pats clobbered the Colts last year by showing blitz but then dropping into coverage. This tactic gives Manning fits by luring him into throwing interceptions on short passes.

If the Bills blitz a lot, they'll get toasted.