damned if Donahoe's screwups aren't

Ted Washington & Sam Adams are certainly not examples of players who have gone "to another team and rip it up".....and your guess on Brown....doing OK after 11 games lost due to injury in two years is not exactly "ripping it up" either.

I'm not defending TD here in any way but....those players just do not fit the criteria stated.

830380[/snapback]

Their better than we have right now, that's for sure.

Yes, but the year after he left we had the #3 D in the league(down from #1).

He was clearly(though still very good) on the downside of his career.  He went to the Bears & had a good year followed by a season where he missed 14 games due to injury.  Then he went to NE(as a last minute pickup from memory) where he missed another 6 games to injury.  Ty Warren was drafted that year but was not coming on quick enough so NE picked up Big Ted.  The next year he went to OAK where he anchored down the 30th ranked D in the league followed the next year with the 27th ranked D.

It's sad when players who have been good for us are let go.....but some times it ends up being the right decision....i.e. Eric Moulds.....Bruce Smith....etc, etc.

830398[/snapback]

wrong - he played for the bills in 2000 (the year they were #3). the year after he left, chicago's defense all of a sudden became great, and the bills' d sucked.

Bryce Fisher and Keion Carpenter.

I know, I know, those two are not all pro, but I think they were solid players. If I'm not mistaken GW reason they were let go.

831697[/snapback]

I'll agree that Fisher was a mistake as he's shown he can start in this league and been a better pass rusher then Denney and/or Kelsay to date. In terms of Carpenter he has put up good numbers but never been a difference maker.

wrong - he played for the bills in 2000 (the year they were #3). the year after he left, chicago's defense all of a sudden became great, and the bills' d sucked.

831799[/snapback]

Ooops....I stand corrected. <_<

phat pat was my fav bill for like 5 years. he was the most underated DT in the nfl and dr z and a couple others noticed the whole time. he was a guy who plugs it up and gets enough of a pass rush in to get pressure in the middle, allowing all kinds of good stuff too happen on blitzes.

he is a rare hard working talented tough DT and we were retarded for letting him go. i tried to justify it to myself saying he was old and expensive, but he is just plain good

phat pat was my fav bill for like 5 years.  he was the most underated DT in the nfl and dr z and a couple others noticed the whole time.  he was a guy who plugs it up and gets enough of a pass rush in to get pressure in the middle, allowing all kinds of good stuff too happen on blitzes.

he is a rare hard working talented tough DT and we were retarded for letting him go.  i tried to justify it to myself saying he was old and expensive, but he is just plain good

832174[/snapback]

Bills should have let go Sam Adams and kept Pat Williams IMO and it was my opinion when they did it.