Who?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Byron Leftwitch
    • Jake Plummer
    • Trent Green
    • Chris Simms
    • Matt Schaub

If J.P. Losman doesn't work out and the Bills decide they need a new QB now, which of these men would work the most?

- Matt Schaub is a RFA and the Falcons would have to bow out of a bidding war or trade him.

- Byron Leftwitch I feel could be traded or cut with the way David Garrard is playing.

- Ditto for Trent Green and Damon Huard.

- Jay Cutler wasn't drafted at #11 to sit forever (especially with how much fans want him). Anything short of a Super Bowl spells the end for Jake "The Snake" in Denver IMO.

- Chris Simms is an UFA. IMO he hasn't looked much better than Losman and will be coming off of the horrific spleen injury. But he has shown flashes of his good genes and college stardom.

Honestly, I couldn't really complain with any of them competing with Nall next season.

828779[/snapback]

It doesnt really matter unless we get more talent......But Id take Trent Green out of that group.

If Plummer was cheap? I'd take him for two seasons while next years #1 pick gets ready.

828807[/snapback]

;):lol: So the guy who is so impatient with a young QB that he feels like starting the same damn thread 300 times on it wants to waste another #1 on a QB. NIIICE. I almost hope they do it just so your head explodes in three years when you're complaining about the failures of the next new guy.

Arm strength is the most overrated attribute when it comes to a quarterback.

They said Tom Brady, Joe Montanna, and Phil Simms had weak arms as well.

Schaub has displayed intangibles, ability to read defenses, and leadership in just a few starts in the league.

He'll be a good one where ever he ends up, and hopefully we make a strong push for him.

828925[/snapback]

He'll cost a first and third round draft pick. Awesome. If we do this we will have expended

-4 Firsts (one each for Schaub, Bledsoe, Losman, RJ)

-a second (for Losman)

-a third (for Schaub)

-a fourth (for RJ)

-and a fifth (for Losman)

in our quest for a post-JK starting QB. And still absent any certain answers as Schaub is a guy who has little experience, behind a better line, with less mobility. Adding a first and third to the wastebasket means we will actually have traded away enough picks necessary to put together an entire starting offensive line over the past ten years. Are you guys out of your minds?

The only thing to do if Losman really doesn't pan out, and the staff is certain that another QB will drastically improve the team's performance (i.e. that there aren't other, more important issues), is to grab a vet UFA QB with at least 3 more good years left in the tank.

He'll cost a first and third round draft pick.  Awesome.  If we do this we will have expended

-a second (for Losman)

-a third (for Schaub)

-a fourth (for RJ)

in our quest for a post-JK starting QB.  And still absent any certain answers as Schaub is a guy who has little experience, behind a better line, with less mobility.  Adding a first and third to the wastebasket means we will actually have traded away enough picks necessary to put together an entire starting offensive line over the past ten years.  Are you guys out of your minds?

The only thing to do if Losman really doesn't pan out, and the staff is certain that another QB will drastically improve the team's performance (i.e. that there aren't other, more important issues), is to grab a vet UFA QB with at least 3 more good years left in the tank.

828936[/snapback]

Exactly, and use the #1 pick for a OL or DL pick! ;)

I'm sort of hoping that Vick gets injured for a 5-6 week stint so that we can see Schaub after defensive coordinators have gotten to see him.

You people amaze me how you can see 1 good outing from a guy & are happy to lock the future into him. Doesn't anybody remember how good RJ looked at JAX in his 1 start?....good enough to trade a top 10 pick for. Scott Mitchell looked good for half a season with MIA & bombed out in DET.....but no, not with Schaub....we've seen him play one good game....he must be a top QB. ;)

I'm sort of hoping that Vick gets injured for a 5-6 week stint so that we can see Schaub after defensive coordinators have gotten to see him.

You people amaze me how you can see 1 good outing from a guy & are happy to lock the future into him.  Doesn't anybody remember how good RJ looked at JAX in his 1 start?....good enough to trade a top 10 pick for.  Scott Mitchell looked good for half a season with MIA & bombed out in DET.....but no, not with Schaub....we've seen him play one good game....he must be a top QB. ;)

828964[/snapback]

Maybe they have a case of Mad Buffalo Disease (sorry, man :lol:) so bad that they actually secretly want another RJ just so they can B word for the next 5 seasons.

He'll cost a first and third round draft pick.  Awesome.  If we do this we will have expended

-a second (for Losman)

-a third (for Schaub)

-a fourth (for RJ)

in our quest for a post-JK starting QB.  And still absent any certain answers as Schaub is a guy who has little experience, behind a better line, with less mobility.  Adding a first and third to the wastebasket means we will actually have traded away enough picks necessary to put together an entire starting offensive line over the past ten years.  Are you guys out of your minds?

828936[/snapback]

You forgot to mention, Schaub has a monster TE............

This was posted on the Buffalo Bills Coalition (www.nflfans.com/bills) on April 15, 2004.

Drew Bledsoe is the starter and will not be challenged for his job this year. The Bills have yet to pencil in the name of his backup but a veteran QB is thought to be on the Bills shopping list. There are four potential first round quarterbacks in the draft. Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger will be long gone by the time the Bills pick at thirteen. Philip Rivers may not be on the board either, depending on what the Steelers do at eleven, leaving only J.P. Losman for first round consideration. Coach Mike Mularkey and Co. are looking to put in a "West Coast Hybrid" offense and the streaky Losman may not be a great fit. Losman has had trouble in the short area and hasn’t developed the touch or field vision of the top three prospects. With Roethlisberger and Manning projected to go in the top five, the Bills face a Rivers or bust proposition at QB in the first round. Later round prospect Matt Schaub could do quite well in the new offense. Schaub has the ability to read defenses, check off and spot the ball for receivers but he has a weak arm for a pro and is not first round graded. Phillip Rivers, in many ways, would be the best QB on the entire board for Buffalo and there is at least a chance he will still be around at thirteen.

2004 NFL DRAFT

#74 Buffalo Tim Anderson DT Ohio State

#90 Atlanta Matt Schaub QB Virginia

Looking back...would you rather have Anderson or Schaub? Interesting Losman comments!

This was posted on the Buffalo Bills Coalition (www.nflfans.com/bills) on April 15, 2004.

Drew Bledsoe is the starter and will not be challenged for his job this year. The Bills have yet to pencil in the name of his backup but a veteran QB is thought to be on the Bills shopping list. There are four potential first round quarterbacks in the draft. Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger will be long gone by the time the Bills pick at thirteen. Philip Rivers may not be on the board either, depending on what the Steelers do at eleven, leaving only J.P. Losman for first round consideration. Coach Mike Mularkey and Co. are looking to put in a "West Coast Hybrid" offense and the streaky Losman may not be a great fit. Losman has had trouble in the short area and hasn’t developed the touch or field vision of the top three prospects. With Roethlisberger and Manning projected to go in the top five, the Bills face a Rivers or bust proposition at QB in the first round. Later round prospect Matt Schaub could do quite well in the new offense. Schaub has the ability to read defenses, check off and spot the ball for receivers but he has a weak arm for a pro and is not first round graded. Phillip Rivers, in many ways, would be the best QB on the entire board for Buffalo and there is at least a chance he will still be around at thirteen.

2004 NFL DRAFT

#74 Buffalo Tim Anderson DT Ohio State

#90 Atlanta Matt Schaub QB Virginia

Looking back...would you rather have Anderson or Schaub? Interesting Losman comments!

829132[/snapback]

They also said Mike Williams was a sure thing. I'm not saying this isn't true, but honestly how valuable are these pre-draft reports?

The Bills really need to decide what they want to do with J.P this year. I think if you decide he is not your QB of the future, you go after a proven player. Simms would likely be the best value because he is not all that proven, but has talent. He is a bit more proven than J.P., but not by a whole lot. I think Schaub will see a lot of money from other teams because of the hype around him. My theory? Sign or draft a left tackle and other o-line players. Drafting a QB is just another three years of growing pains. P.S. I really don't like Brady Quinn. I would take a flyer on John David Booty out of USC, thought, because he should go later in the draft and USC has produced some great pros in the last few years.

-a second (for Losman)

-a third (for Schaub)

-a fourth (for RJ)

828936[/snapback]

Its worth some 2008 draft picks if we can find a great QB honestly

You people amaze me how you can see 1 good outing from a guy & are happy to lock the future into him.  Doesn't anybody remember how good RJ looked at JAX in his 1 start?....good enough to trade a top 10 pick for.  Scott Mitchell looked good for half a season with MIA & bombed out in DET.....but no, not with Schaub....we've seen him play one good game....he must be a top QB. ;)

828964[/snapback]

Yes. Lets say Vick does get injured and Schaub fills in. If he does even a halfway decent job, his stock is going to skyrocket, and the ammount of teams looking to get him will have gone up. At that point you can count Buffalo out.

right now, schaub is nothing more than the second coming of RJ. He put up big numbers in 1 game. No way you give up draft picks for him. let some other team overspend on him.

I'm not saying he wont be good, but to deem him a HOFer is asinine.

:D  None opf the above

829577[/snapback]

I'm seeing a lot of this.

But on the other hand, i'm seeing a lot of people say that if J.P. doesn't work out that we shouldn't draft a QB. That it would be dumb to start a new project all over again.

So if J.P. doesn't work and we don't want to draft a QB or sign/trade one of the guys available, what's the plan?! Hope Nall is the guy? :D

So if J.P. doesn't work and we don't want to draft a QB or sign/trade one of the guys available, what's the plan?! Hope Nall is the guy?  :D

829657[/snapback]

In all probability, we will see Nall soon enough. Do you think that at the rate he is getting hit, JP will finsh the season and not miss any time?

-a second (for Losman)

-a third (for Schaub)

-a fourth (for RJ)

in our quest for a post-JK starting QB.

828936[/snapback]

Ouch! :D