Yet More Evidence That Buffalo....

JDG

Well, I don't think we have a controversy right now because all of our options suck. JP isn't getting the job done, but we all know what we can get out of Holcomb, and obviously Nall is no better because he couldn't beat Holcomb out of #2. Since this team is nowhere close to playoff potential, I think the only thing we can do right now is continue to play Losman. In other words, we are so bad that we don't even have the ability to have a controversy!

Perhaps because the only place there is a quarterback controversy is on TBD and no where in the actual bills organization?

I've supported JP all the way because I want to see him and this team succeed. He's just now getting to the point where it makes any sense to question whether or not he could be a good NFL starter, yet people have been running him down since day one. The only time I've ever questioned whether or not he COULD be great (since I'm still holding on to that hope that he can) was last sunday when our passing game looked terrible and he underthrew Lee by at least 10 yards on that first long bomb that didn't connect but could have been a touchdown if JP had thrown it to him in stride.

The point is, when JP is playing poorly, my first thought is "you gotta play better than that JP" not "put in Nall". That's why there is no quarterback controversy. Just my opinion.

Some nitwit writer is trying to make the point about the large number of QB controversies in the League, and doesn't even bother to mention the Losman situation.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...ason/index.html

Yet more evidence that we have become irrelevant......

JDG

828367[/snapback]

The only thing irrelevant is this thread because we do not have a QB controversy anywhere except in your mind.

Some nitwit writer is trying to make the point about the large number of QB controversies in the League, and doesn't even bother to mention the Losman situation.....

JDG

828367[/snapback]

There's a controversy? :w00t:

In a much more related story, I don't know if anyone caught the CBS pregame show on Sunday but they were asked to rank the QB Class of 2004. Losman was included, but they all snickered a little extra when they each ranked him last. It was either Boomer or Marino who said, "He doesn't even belong here".

JDG

828367[/snapback]

Of course, the article isn't about QB controversies, it's about "intriguing storylines".

And even if the Bills have a QB controversy...what's so intriguing about Losman vs. Holcomb vs. Nall? :w00t:

Of course, the article isn't about QB controversies, it's about "intriguing storylines".

And even if the Bills have a QB controversy...what's so intriguing about Losman vs. Holcomb vs. Nall?  :w00t:

828425[/snapback]

See bullet #2 in that article....

The only thing irrelevant is this thread because we do not have a QB controversy anywhere except in your mind.

828399[/snapback]

Right.... which explains why Bills beat writers are writing about whether or not to pull Losman, fans at the Ralph were talking about it all third quarter on Sunday, and the fans at my local Bills Backers have also been openly considering it.....

Right....  which explains why Bills beat writers are writing about whether or not to pull Losman, fans at the Ralph were talking about it all third quarter on Sunday, and the fans at my local Bills Backers have also been openly considering it.....

828441[/snapback]

If the team is not considering it, it's not a controversy. It's merely a part of your little crusade.

Right....  which explains why Bills beat writers are writing about whether or not to pull Losman, fans at the Ralph were talking about it all third quarter on Sunday, and the fans at my local Bills Backers have also been openly considering it.....

828441[/snapback]

You didn't get the notice that the fans stopped deciding our player lineup changes when MM left?

There's a controversy?  :w00t:

In a much more related story, I don't know if anyone caught the CBS pregame show on Sunday but they were asked to rank the QB Class of 2004.  Losman was included, but they all snickered a little extra when they each ranked him last.  It was either Boomer or Marino who said, "He doesn't even belong here".

828402[/snapback]

I noticed that and I'm suprised more didn't comment on that. JP in 3 seasons has started 16 games spread over 2 seasons and up to this date while he has improved has shown nothing to make one think he will be anything special (JP I got your back though!). JP shouldn't be included in that discussion for like I've said he hasn't produced on the field and unlike Ben and Eli he hasn't had enough starts to fully evaluate his talent. In comparison to Rivers, he has sat for 2 years on a playof team with great talent around him and has produced dividends immediately. While Esasion wasn't particularly throwing jabs at JP, he currently just doesn't belong in that discussion. On the contrary if JP finishes the season strong and he plays great next year, these same media guys will start to kiss up and bring out positive points about JP pre-draft in that he was the most athletic and had the strongest arm and the fastest legs among the top 4 QB's in his draft class and kiss,kiss,KISSS!

JDG

828367[/snapback]

Its because there is no controversy. Sure fans can whine and B word, like you, but at OBD, Losman is the clear cut starter.

As said above, the only place there is any kind of controversy is in your little head and in your big crusade.

the rest of the team is so bad, that it makes the losman issue almost irrelevant.

let me be clear, i have about run out of hope he'll be any good, but as i said elsewhere (sorry foxy harriet)he is just one of many bad players on this team. yanking him will do NOTHING to improve this team. not yanking him...well, at least then you know what you have to do when this year is over.

Because he was the in the QB class of 2005.  :w00t:

828459[/snapback]

Not that huge a difference. Really, it's not.

As Rico said, the controversy starts after this year if JP doesn't start producing at a higher level than he has been. Of course, in many ways, the worst outcome for the team will be if he continues playing at a mediocre level like he has been. We really need him to either turn it on or tank it.

While Esasion wasn't particularly throwing jabs at JP, he currently just doesn't belong in that discussion. On the contrary if JP finishes the season strong and he plays great next year, these same media guys will start to kiss up and bring out positive points about JP pre-draft in that he was the most athletic and had the strongest arm and the fastest legs among the top 4 QB's in his draft class and kiss,kiss,KISSS!

828471[/snapback]

Oh, so when JP plays well they'll show him in a positive light, bt right now he's playing like a turd, so they're speaking about him negatively. Damn those reporters!