JP Losman I have been a supporter

Before the Green Bay game, the question was asked about how we should respond if Losman played well but the Bills lost anyway. I had the following response
If your FG kicker goes 6/6 and your team loses, do you bench him? If your DE gets four sacks and a bunch of tackles and your team loses, do you bench the DE?

I for one believe a QB should be evaluated based on his own contributions, and not on whether the team wins or loses.

It works the other way too. If you win but your FG kicker goes 0-6, you know you have to do something at kicker. If you win but your QB barely breaks the 100 yard mark, you know you need better play from your QB.

The Bills won because the Packers shot themselves in the foot. The Bills won despite the lack of production at QB. If that lack of production continues, the Bills should start thinking about what they need to do to correct the situation.

At some point their thoughts may turn to Nall. Obviously they thought highly enough of Nall to promise him a legitimate shot at the starting position. But he got off on the wrong foot because it took him too much time to learn the new offense. Then came the injury, and before he knew it he was third string. As an outsider looking in, it seems like Nall was written off before the Bills' coaching staff had truly figured out what he could do. Some fans feel that Losman should be judged with a Drew Brees ruler, and should be given years of opportunity to start looking like a real QB. A few such people are willing to write Nall off based on what he did when he was still learning the new offense.

Was Nall written off too quickly? Is it time to start remembering the reasons why the Bills brought him here in the first place? Is it getting time to put him in a game or two, just to see if he's the next Tony Romo? The Bills will have to ask themselves these questions going into next week's game.

826342[/snapback]

Honestly I think the coaches have seen all they need to see of Nall. I don't think they will play him. I think they brought him in here to see what he had. They saw he didn't have much. Why do you think the packers let him go.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I think the coaches have seen all they need to see of Nall.  I don't think they will play him.  I think they brought him in here to see what he had.  They saw he didn't have much.  Why do you think the packers let him go.

From what I've heard from Green Bay fans, the Nall you'll get on Sunday is a much better quarterback than the Nall you get during the week. You're probably right in saying the Bills have written Nall off based on what they've seen from his practices. Green Bay probably was equally unimpressed with Nall's practices when they took Aaron Rogers.

Given that Nall's season in NFL Europe was comparable to Kurt Warner's, I'm curious to see what would happen were Nall to be placed in a game or two. If he plays poorly, you can always go back to Losman. If he plays well, you keep him in there. Then you wouldn't need to address the QB position in the coming draft.

I think it's pretty clear what we have with J-Lo at this point. Maybe Nall blows too, I like many here have never seen him play other than the preseason, but at least he gives us some type of hope.

825449[/snapback]

Why have JP suck this whole year and then have Nall suck all year next year.

Give Nall a shot, if he sucks too then the Bills know that they need to get a QB in free agency or god forbid, the draft.

The suckiness can be divided into 1 year instead of 2. Seems more safe to me.

Why have JP suck this whole year and then have Nall suck all year next year.

Give Nall a shot, if he sucks too then the Bills know that they need to get a QB in free agency or god forbid, the draft.

The suckiness can be divided into 1 year instead of 2.  Seems more safe to me.

827291[/snapback]

Only former first round picks are allowed a season and a half to suck. HTH.

What Romo is doing is more along the lines of what I thought JP would be doing....making mistakes, but moving the chains and putting up points along the way. Sure seemed like we had an awful lot of 3-and-outs today.

826318[/snapback]

he also has terry glen, TO, Jason Wittin, and a much better offensive line

From what I've heard from Green Bay fans, the Nall you'll get on Sunday is a much better quarterback than the Nall you get during the week. You're probably right in saying the Bills have written Nall off based on what they've seen from his practices. Green Bay probably was equally unimpressed with Nall's practices when they took Aaron Rogers.

827290[/snapback]

And you know this from what? His 33 career pass attempts in garbage time? please. And if the GB fans are anything like the tards that frequent this site, they have no clue what they are talking about.

Sorry, you play how you practice.