Another Legacy Of Conservative Revolution

LOL, so you have a family member who died from cancer and you still want cancer research funding cut? And that makes ME the retard????

MORON!

825243[/snapback]

Right, because it's the government's fault that they didn't spend even more billions on the disease that killed my family member. :unsure:

By the way, what is the government going to do about protecting me from stubbing my toe?

This is the best part about national elections --- watching frothing left wing lunatics driven into a frenzy about what they perceive as some life or death struggle at the ballot box. :P

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you say so

825278[/snapback]

But in all seriousness I don't know if the government will have any money left over after Holcomb's eugenics program and Bungee Jumpers trial for comments made against the American people.

But in all seriousness I don't know if the government will have any money left over after Holcomb's eugenics program and Bungee Jumpers trial for comments made against the American people.

825296[/snapback]

We can just manage the budget using HA's math: "accidentally" give everyone too much money, then redefine the error as "regression toward the mean", and since "regression" is actually a decrease (sic), we'd be saving money...

We can just manage the budget using HA's math: "accidentally" give everyone too much money, then redefine the error as "regression toward the mean", and since "regression" is actually a decrease (sic), we'd be saving money...

825419[/snapback]

Brilliant.

true_blue - you're right, government's job is to protect us, insofar as our rights are not being violated. 

Show me where my "right to cancer research funding" is being violated.

825630[/snapback]

I can't, I just think it's evil that they are not funding it at a higher level. If this was a weapon system they were developing--like the B-1 bomber that is alrready being phased out--they would spend billions and billions. Protecting us from diseases should be no different than protecting us from terrorism. They can and will make advances in fighting all sorts of diseases, but they need funding to do it.

And really, I blame the Dems, too. Why in the hell haven't they grabbed a bull horn and made this a serious issue. Sure the 'let private charity' fund it crowd would not be moved, but normal people would be.

I can't, I just think it's evil that they are not funding it at a higher level. If this was a weapon system they were developing--like the B-1 bomber that is alrready being phased out--they would spend billions and billions. Protecting us from diseases  should be no different than protecting us from terrorism. They can and will make advances in fighting all sorts of diseases, but they need funding to do it.

Well, there is a difference - protecting the country from perceived natl security threats can be made as a direct argument to protecting rights.

Disease research? Not so much.

And really, I blame the Dems, too. Why in the hell haven't they grabbed a bull horn and made this a serious issue. Sure the 'let private charity' fund it crowd would not be moved, but normal people would be.

826138[/snapback]

Most likely its the political reason - Dems don't want to be seen as trying to spent even more money. (course there are also others like whether the majority of the public agrees with it or not, etc)

There is waste in every government program. When I was in grad school we had NIH funding. My advisor comes up to us and says "We have 2 weeks to spend 30K. " If we didn't spend it by the end of the budget year, we got that much cut for the next year. We really didn't waste it as we bought several pieces of apparatus we could use (but really didn't vitally need).

There is waste in every government program. When I was in grad school we had NIH funding. My advisor comes up to us and says "We have 2 weeks to spend 30K. " If we didn't spend it by the end of the  budget year, we got that much cut for the next year. We really didn't waste it as we bought several pieces of apparatus we could use (but really didn't vitally need).

826338[/snapback]

So you're accusing the government of wasting money, but in the example you give, you admit you didn't waste the government money? :P

The government has a job to protect us.
There's the crux of your idiocy right there.  :P

Unless you're an anarchist, you too feel the government has a job to protect us. To protect us from criminals via a functional police force and criminal justice system. To protect us from foreign invasion through a strong military presence. Maybe even to protect us from traffic fatailities by maintaining a safe road system. In trying to make a fool of Bill, you only made yourself appear foolish.

There are legitimate ways of disagreeing with Bill's position. Calling him an idiot for the "government has a job to protect us" statement isn't one of them.

Unless you're an anarchist, you too feel the government has a job to protect us. To protect us from criminals via a functional police force and criminal justice system. To protect us from foreign invasion through a strong military presence. Maybe even to protect us from traffic fatailities by maintaining a safe road system. In trying to make a fool of Bill, you only made yourself appear foolish.

826359[/snapback]

...protect us from over-breeding Morlocks.

You're a bigger idiot than he is. Why should I listen to you? Plus...you're once again "regressing toward the mean" (sic).

...protect us from over-breeding Morlocks. 

You're a bigger idiot than he is.  Why should I listen to you?  Plus...you're once again "regressing toward the mean" (sic).

826740[/snapback]

Why should you listen to me? Because just about every time we disagree on something, I'm right and you're wrong. That's why.

If cutting cancer research by 1% makes the Republicans "pure evil", then whats that make the Democrats, who look to increase speding public tax dollars on abortions?

Oh...I forgot...everyone say it with me...

"BUT THATS DIFFERENT!!!!!!"

You can't be this stupid? Your position is so radical, so ridicilous it does not deserve a reply, but I'll give you one anyway. The government, if it has a job at all, is to protect us. Have you ever read the preamble to the Constitution you moron? And I'll take it further, even if it didn't say it was there to protect us, it should anyway. The common good it furthered by the government protecting us in all sorts of ways. If you like anarchy go try Iraq. I really wishj the Conservatives would just do us all a favor and campaign on eliminating government altogether. It would save us all a lot of trouble

825089[/snapback]

How much did you give to cancer research last year?

For that matter, how much did you pay in taxes?

How much did you give to cancer research last year? 

For that matter, how much did you pay in taxes?

827028[/snapback]

I didn't give a dime, I think my government should pay for it. That's one reason I'm voting Democrat. I think they will fully fund cancer research. That might save my life some time in the future, or yours, for that matter.

There is an old joke that a Conservative is a liberal who has gotten mubbed. I'm sure if you get cancer you will agree with my postion on cancer funding. If not, then you are simply a useful idiot of the right.