Why throw an entire season away because of one!

DeLuca1967

I am so tired of hearing about how we have to find out about JP Losman so it doesn't matter if the Bills go 2-14. There are 50+ other players on this team that deserv a chance to show what they can do and deserve a chance to win every week.

Players like Lee Evans have to look at the stat sheet and wonder what his numbers could be if he had an actual NFL QB throwing him the Ball. But I guess it's OK to throw his season away because of Losman.

And what about McGahee. What kind of numbers would he be putting up if the Bills had any type of threat in the passing game. Teams are stacking up against the run knowing Losman can't beat them. But again it's OK to throw his season away because of Losman.

And don't forget about the defense. They held the Pats to 7 yards in the second quarter after a slow start. Yet Losman and the offense was unable to generate anything except short fields for their opponents. But again. It's OK to throw their seasons away because of Losman.

It's time to start thinking about the other players on this team. Losman has been given enough rope to hang himself and he has done just that. It's also time to remember that there are other players on this team. And those players deserve a chance to win some games. :lol:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is it that you propose doing?

819476[/snapback]

There are two other QB's on the roster. Maybe one of them can give the Bills a better chance to win. I'm not sure they would. I would like to see the Bills try rather than just say " hey, we spent a first round pick on this guy so we have to stick with him".

I was listening to Joe D on WGR last Sunday. He makes a great point. Losman has never earned the chances he's getting right know. He's getting the chance because TD spent a first on him. If he was a third round pick he wouldn't be seeing the field.

If Marv & Co. really wanted to start over then they should be prepared to cut bait with Losman. Losman has the physical skills but not the mental skills to play QB in the NFL. I don't see anything over the last 9 games changing. And the Bill should to be careful not to damage the development of other players over those 9 games. Losing becomes habit forming. They are teaching a roster of young players that's it's OK to lose. :lol:

The Bills aren't losing solely because of JP. The QB gets too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses. The fact is that offense is roughly 45% of the game, defense 45%, and ST's 10%. A QB therefore is only responsible for his 40%, if even considering there are other factors in his succes, like line blocking, WR's getting open, RB's picking up blitzers and rushing well, etc.

And if you want to see Holcomb play, LMMFAO! That ship sailed LAST year. And Nall couldn't even convince the Packers to keep him, much less didn't show enough to beat-out JP and rise above 3rd on the depth chart.

The Bills aren't losing solely because of JP.  The QB gets too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses.  The fact is that offense is roughly 45% of the game, defense 45%, and ST's 10%.  A QB therefore is only responsible for his 40%, if even considering there are other factors in his succes, like line blocking, WR's getting open, RB's picking up blitzers and rushing well, etc.

And if you want to see Holcomb play, LMMFAO!  That ship sailed LAST year.  And Nall couldn't even convince the Packers to keep him, much less didn't show enough to beat-out JP and rise above 3rd on the depth chart.

819488[/snapback]

When and where did anyone say that Losman was the only reason the Bills are losing? Even with good QB play this is only a 5 or 6 win team.

The topic on the table is JP Losman. Nothing else. You can try to deflect away from the topic but I wont let you. The play of JP Losman has gone from bad to worse. His decision making if regressing. And considering it wasn't at a high level to begin with is a grave cause of concern.

Again. No one has said Holcomb or Nall are the long term answer. The point was that this mangament and coaching staff has a responibility to the other 50+ players not named Losman to give them the best chance to win next Sunday against the Packers. Losman does not give them that chance. This team now just plays and waits for the next big Losman mistake. They know it's coming and when it does the game is over. Emotion is a big party of football. And nothing drains that emotion more than a bad play that you are expecting.

And please. Don't use the word "fact" then make up imaginary percentages. You know Marv always said special teams was 1/3 of the game. :lol:

So you want to put someone else in..who's not the answer, just to get another 2-3 wins?! What's the point of that? Wow, I'm sure Evans would be delighted to win those extra 2 games! Either way, he's not in the playoffs. You know what this entire thread is...

I am so tired of hearing about how we have to find out about JP Losman so it doesn't matter if the Bills go 2-14. There are 50+ other players on this team that deserv a chance to show what they can do and deserve a chance to win every week.

Players like Lee Evans have to look at the stat sheet and wonder what his numbers could be if he had an actual NFL QB throwing him the Ball. But I guess it's OK to throw his season away because of Losman.

And what about McGahee. What kind of numbers would he be putting up if the Bills had any type of threat in the passing game. Teams are stacking up against the run knowing Losman can't beat them. But again it's OK to throw his season away because of Losman.

And don't forget about the defense. They held the Pats to 7 yards in the second quarter after a slow start. Yet Losman and the offense was unable to generate anything except short fields for their opponents. But again. It's OK to throw their seasons away because of Losman.

It's time to start thinking about the other players on this team. Losman has been given enough rope to hang himself and he has done just that. It's also time to remember that there are other players on this team. And those players deserve a chance to win some games.  :lol:

819464[/snapback]

Right. The rest of the team is playing perfectly and it's *just* JP blowing chunks. Moron.

Lee Evans dropped a sure touchdown pass last week. He should have caught it. He likely cost us the game. Why waste our time to see if he'll ever be good? There are 50 other guys who want to win, so let's try out the other receivers and see if they can make that catch.

See how moronic we sound?

Losman won the job in preseason for a reason, and it wasn't even close. Holcomb was terrible in preseason when he went against number one defenses, he was bad last year when he went in there for some time. Nall is no different than Losman - he's unproven and hasn't done anything in his career so far, I don't even think he's had a career start yet, Losman has more experience than Nall.

It's easy to complain about Losman and throw him under the bus, but you have to consider: is there another option that's better?

On this team, no there isn't.

When and where did anyone say that Losman was the only reason the Bills are losing? Even with good QB play this is only a 5 or 6 win team.

The topic on the table is JP Losman. Nothing else. You can try to deflect away from the topic but I wont let you. The play of JP Losman has gone from bad to worse. His decision making if regressing. And considering it wasn't at a high level to begin with is a grave cause of concern.

Again. No one has said Holcomb or Nall are the long term answer. The point was that this mangament and coaching staff has a responibility to the other 50+ players not named Losman to give them the best chance to win next Sunday against the Packers. Losman does not give them that chance. This team now just plays and waits for the next big Losman mistake. They know it's coming and when it does the game is over. Emotion is a big party of football. And nothing drains that emotion more than a bad play that you are expecting.

What have either Holcomb or Nall done to make you or anyone ELSE think that they'll succeed? Like I said, Holcomb's time as a starter is done. Inserting him for MAYBE a win or two does nothing for the team in the big picture ("wow, we beat the Packers with Holcomb starting!"). As for Nall, again the fact that he isn't the 2nd-string QB tells me he's not even as good as Holcomb, let alone JP.

Again, the Bills' problems are NOT mostly on JP, and there is enough blame to go around on offense that a knee-jerk replacement of him is NOT the answer. The Bills took some steps this past week by shuffling the O-line and getting the players in better positions for success, both current and future. We'll see where that takes us first. Then we'll see if the bye week helps everyone on offense, defense, and ST's, who have ALL sucked this year, helps them work out some of the kinks. Remember that this is the first year of a new regime and schemes on offense and defense (there's no excuse for how the ST's are playing, though) and it takes more than an off-season to correct the problems of the past.

And please. Don't use the word "fact" then make up imaginary percentages. You know Marv always said special teams was 1/3 of the game.  :lol:

Thanks for saying that. So that means that a QB is responsible for AT BEST 33% of the team's performance. :P

It's time to start thinking about the other players on this team. Losman has been given enough rope to hang himself and he has done just that. It's also time to remember that there are other players on this team. And those players deserve a chance to win some games.  :P

819464[/snapback]

Your avatar pretty much sums up how I felt after reading your inane drivel. :lol:

Your avatar pretty much sums up how I felt after reading your inane drivel.  :lol:

819545[/snapback]

His useless drivel aspires to be inane.

819547[/snapback]

don't mean to single either of you out because you're not the first one's to do so, but i've noticed a disturbing trend lately. someone question's JP they automatically get flamed and labeled a JP hater

819547[/snapback]

don't mean to single either of you out because you're not the first one's to do so, but i've noticed a disturbing trend lately.  someone question's JP they automatically get flamed and labeled a JP hater

819553[/snapback]

Probably because there are still games to played and no one knows what is going to happen. Let's see what happens as opposed to the idiots who think they know more than actual NFL people and are ready to jump off a cliff at the first sign of something going wrong.

819547[/snapback]

don't mean to single either of you out because you're not the first one's to do so, but i've noticed a disturbing trend lately. someone question's JP they automatically get flamed and labeled a JP hater

819553[/snapback]

But this thread isn't about questioning JP... it's about benching him because he's the one reason why the team is throwing the entire season away. Big difference.

There are many threads (and individual posts) that question JP and his play which are good and worthwhile. This, however, is not one of them.

What have either Holcomb or Nall done to make you or anyone ELSE think that they'll succeed? Like I said, Holcomb's time as a starter is done.  Inserting him for MAYBE a win or two does nothing for the team in the big picture ("wow, we beat the Packers with Holcomb starting!").  As for Nall, again the fact that he isn't the 2nd-string QB tells me he's not even as good as Holcomb, let alone JP.

Again, the Bills' problems are NOT mostly on JP, and there is enough blame to go around on offense that a knee-jerk replacement of him is NOT the answer.  The Bills took some steps this past week by shuffling the O-line and getting the players in better positions for success, both current and future.  We'll see where that takes us first.  Then we'll see if the bye week helps everyone on offense, defense, and ST's, who have ALL sucked this year, helps them work out some of the kinks.  Remember that this is the first year of a new regime and schemes on offense and defense (there's no excuse for how the ST's are playing, though) and it takes more than an off-season to correct the problems of the past.

Thanks for saying that.  So that means that a QB is responsible for AT BEST 33% of the team's performance. :lol:

819543[/snapback]

It has nothing to do with what Holcomb and Nall have shown. It's what I have seen and haven't seen from Losman. I know what I am going to get from Losman. I have and idea about Holcomb and know nothing about Nall. Now is the time to find out.

I know Losman contributes nothing that gives this team a chance to win. It's time to find out about Nall and Holcomb. That way you tell the other 50 guys that you tried eveything to win as many games as possible.

i think his plan is:

Phase 1: Ditch Losman

Phase 2: ???

Phase 3: Profit!

819480[/snapback]

lol Love that episode where they discover gnomes. The whole thing about Tweek's coffee in the episode tasting like mud and Starbuck's trying to move into town.

Time to go to work! Work all night!

Search for underpants hey!

We won't stop until we have underpants!

Yum tum yummy tum hey!

:lol:

It has nothing to do with what Holcomb and Nall have shown. It's what I have seen and haven't seen from Losman. I know what I am going to get from Losman. I have and idea about Holcomb and know nothing about Nall. Now is the time to find out.

I know Losman contributes nothing that gives this team a chance to win. It's time to find out about Nall and Holcomb. That way you tell the other 50 guys that you tried eveything to win as many games as possible.

819572[/snapback]

So you're saying you didn't see the preseason? That is what preseason is for.

What is so much better about winning 5-6 games instead of 2? Practically speaking, it only puts us in a worse draft position.

Probably because there are still games to played and no one knows what is going to happen.  Let's see what happens as opposed to the idiots who think they know more than actual NFL people and are ready to jump off a cliff at the first sign of something going wrong.

819563[/snapback]

First sign? I wouldn't consider 7 games of poor QB play a "first sign". But I shouldn't say such things. I don't want people like yourself to get the impression I feel I know more than "NFL people".

To call people "idiots" because their opinions are different then yours is such a classic TBD response. Do you have that on a clip board and just copy/paste. I guess it's just easier than actually formulating a thought.

I guess you didn't see a completely different, more competitive team last year when Holcomb played.

THe team averaged around 22 points per game when he started, and were .500 when he started.

We have the ability to beat any team in the league with Holcomb, you can't say the same about JP.

The Bills majority of problems aren't on JP? If not then who?

You can't blame the offensive line for JP's mistakes, inability to read a defense, and constantly staring down recievers.

BTW our offense ranks nearly last in every category, but again, its the offensive lines fault, just like it was for Bledsoe.

819580[/snapback]

Are you seriously saying the offensive line is playing good?

I guess you didn't see a completely different, more competitive team last year when Holcomb played.

THe team averaged around 22 points per game when he started, and were .500 when he started.

We have the ability to beat any team in the league with Holcomb, you can't say the same about JP.

You mean like the 3-12 Jets at the end of last season? :lol:

Please Scott, if you're going to say JP needs to be replaced, PLEASE do not suggest that it be with Holcomb. Holcomb won 3 games last year in 8 starts, which works out to 6 wins, which is 1 more than they ended-up with. Wow.

The Bills majority of problems aren't on JP? If not then who?

You can't blame the offensive line for JP's mistakes, inability to read a defense, and constantly staring down recievers.

BTW our offense ranks nearly last in every category, but again, its the offensive lines fault, just like it was for Bledsoe.

I can't blame the receivers for dropping perfect passes, failing to get open, and messing-up their routes? I can't blame the offense for committing 23 PRE-SNAP penalties (of which I believe at best 3 were delay of games by JP), which leads the NFL? I can't blame the O-line or backs for failing to pickup blitzers that lead to sacks and fumbles? I can't blame the O-line for failing to allow Willis to pickup a yard on 3rd or 4th and 1?

And tell me, WHAT does JP have to do with the defense and ST's, both of which have been bad this year?

So you're saying you didn't see the preseason?  That is what preseason is for.

What is so much better about winning 5-6 games instead of 2?  Practically speaking, it only puts us in a worse draft position.

819581[/snapback]

I think pride is answer there. This Bills team has a culture of losing. It seems to be all they know.

I'm not saying Holcomb or Nall will turn things around and this team will go 9-0 the rest of the way.

I think even with improved QB play this team will have a hard time to match the 2 wins they have so far. The Bills have to keep in mind that there are 50 other palyers on the team. Some good and some really bad. They still need to know the goal is to win football games not make JP Losman feel better about himself.

What do you think Tutan Reyes must be thinking. He got benched. And he deserves to be on the bench. But was his level of play that much lower then Losman's? I don't think so. I'm sure Reyes would love to have the "time to grow into the position" like Losman has had.

819547[/snapback]

819553[/snapback]

dev, my reponse is in no way a defense of JP. He has not inspired a lot of confidence this year. But who exactly on this team has? The O-line? Willis? The defense? The (gulp) special teams?? Everyone is frustrated. I'm just tired of all of the mindless posts blaming JP like nothing else is even remotely wrong with this team. If all other areas of the team were performing even decently then I'd have no problem with the diatribe of the JP haters, but they are not. This team is an abomination from top to bottom right now. Fair is fair, that's all.

I find it funny how many on this board have so much faith in JP.How many more years will go by before you realize quite possibly he may not be the guy. Give the guy a break, at this point I see no harm in finding out what one of the other 2 guys can do with this team. Go ahead and bash me for this, JP your jesus wlll be proud .

You mean like the 3-12 Jets at the end of last season? :lol:

Please Scott, if you're going to say JP needs to be replaced, PLEASE do not suggest that it be with Holcomb.  Holcomb won 3 games last year in 8 starts, which works out to 6 wins, which is 1 more than they ended-up with.  Wow.

I can't blame the receivers for dropping perfect passes, failing to get open, and messing-up their routes?  I can't blame the offense for committing 23 PRE-SNAP penalties (of which I believe at best 3 were delay of games by JP), which leads the NFL?  I can't blame the O-line or backs for failing to pickup blitzers that lead to sacks and fumbles?  I can't blame the O-line for failing to allow Willis to pickup a yard on 3rd or 4th and 1?

And tell me, WHAT does JP have to do with the defense and ST's, both of which have been bad this year?

819589[/snapback]

How about shortening the field for the opponents offense. You stop the offense to give your team the ball back and two plays later Losman is handing it right back to them deep in your own zone. It has to be frustrating for he defense to have to hear they can't stop anyone when Losman is giving them drive starts at your own 30 game in and game out.

But who cares about the defense. This season is about giving Losman his "time to grow". :P

I think pride is answer there. This Bills team has a culture of losing. It seems to be all they know.

I'm not saying Holcomb or Nall will turn things around and this team will go 9-0 the rest of the way.

I think even with improved QB play this team will have a hard time to match the 2 wins they have so far.

819590[/snapback]

If you think the Bills will have a hard time matching in the next 9 games with a different QB what the did in the first 7 games with Losman then there is no reason to switch QBs. In fact you are arguing that they should stay the course.

The Bills have to keep in mind that there are 50 other palyers on the team. Some good and some really bad. They still need to know the goal is to win football games not make JP Losman feel better about himself.

Its not about making JP feel good about himself. Its about developing a young QB, which is best done by playing him, or getting enough information that he will never develop, which would mean acquiring another QB in the off season.

What do you think Tutan Reyes must be thinking. He got benched. And he deserves to be on the bench. But was his level of play that much lower then Losman's? I don't think so. I'm sure Reyes would love to have the "time to grow into the position" like Losman has had.

Tutan Reyes was injured.

How about shortening the field for the opponents offense.  You stop the offense to give your team the ball back and two plays later Losman is handing it right back to them deep in your own zone. It has to be frustrating for he defense to have to hear  they can't stop anyone when Losman is giving them drive starts at your own 30 game in and game out.

But who cares about the defense. This season is about giving Losman his "time to grow". :lol:

How many opponent's drive starts have started in Bills territory this year, much less at their own 30? How many TD drives has the defense given-up on drives longer than 50 yards/not after a turnover?

And after failed 3rd downs and scores, the ST's is supposed to pin the opposing offense back. How many times has THAT happened this year, compared to the past 2 years?

Lee Evans dropped a sure touchdown pass last week. He should have caught it. He likely cost us the game. Why waste our time to see if he'll ever be good? There are 50 other guys who want to win, so let's try out the other receivers and see if they can make that catch.

See how moronic we sound?

819540[/snapback]

Aww c'mon LA...Lee Evans rarely drops a pass. Losman however, overthrows him much more often i'm sure. If Losman had actually made some plays i'd be much more comfortable with him in there, but he hasn't made any plays when we've needed them this year.

I don't know if Nall or Holcomb would be any better but it's getting tough to watch Losman keep making the same mistakes.

:lol:

That's a nice thought but the rest of the team isn't a whole lot better. The OL is atrocious. The defense is terrible. The DL either is too small or hasn't grasped the scheme yet. The Fletcher better get much bigger if he hopes to survive behind the DL. Spikes is probably done. Few players come back fully after an injury like that. Clements is gone thankfully after this season. McGee, Whitner, and Simpson are definite question marks but should get better with palying time. McGahee suffers from mediocirity and the OL. Evans can't beat double teams yet. and the other side WRs are pretty much useless.

I think it is clear that it isn't all about Losman. So far he has looked like a rookie QB. Whether or not he has shown enough to start beyond the 12th or 13th game remains to be seen.

It's time to start thinking about the other players on this team. Losman has been given enough rope to hang himself and he has done just that. It's also time to remember that there are other players on this team. And those players deserve a chance to win some games.  :lol:

819464[/snapback]

Holcomb was 4-4 as a starter.

Please. Holcomb may have started the KC game, but he was benched. And that game against the Jets was an embarrassment, although thankfully it DID improve the Bills' draft position.

Recivers failing to get open? Messing up their routes? How do you know this is even happening? Do you work at One Bills Drive? Ever think JP is missing open recievers?

I've heard from more than a few fans who have attended games, not to mention announcers like Dan Dierdork and Randy Cross, who have SAID more than a few times that on an unsuccessful play, "there was nobody open."

And tell me, where was JP and the offense when the Patriots were held to 3 yards in the 2nd quarter last week?

Everyones quick to blame the defense for giving up 28 points last week, well when Tom Brady, and the Patriots get as much opportunities as they did, what do you expect?

In the 2nd quarter, Villarrial was late getting to the blitzer and JP was sacked for a fumble. Despite several Bills having a chance at it, a Patriots player got it. Later-on JP killed a scoring (FG at best) change by throwing a pick, but the Pats were ahead by 14 thanks to the defense allowing a long TD drive and then giving up a dumb RTP penalty that probably could have stopped that drive with no points, rather than a TD. And all the while, Willis was averaging 3 YPC, Evans fails to haul-in a TD pass, and penalties kill them. Oh and not to mention, the Pats had 2 weeks to rest and prepare.

If you think the Bills will have a hard time matching in the next 9 games with a different QB what the did in the first 7 games with Losman then there is no reason to switch QBs.  In fact you are arguing that they should stay the course.

Its not about making JP feel good about himself.  Its about developing a young QB, which is best done by playing him, or getting enough information that he will never develop, which would mean acquiring another QB in the off season.

Tutan Reyes was injured.

819604[/snapback]

You switch to see if you can get something started.

If Losman was getting better and "developing" then I would say yeah stay the course. I'm not seeing any of the "developing". He making the same bad mistakes over and over. If he was learning from his mistakes and they were less frequent then I would be on your side.

I don't need to see Losman win games by himself. I don't have a magic QB rating number or some stats I need to see to jump on his bandwagaon. All I wanted to see is him not making the mistakes this week he made last week. What I am seeing? He is not only making the same mistakes week to week. He is making the same mistakes he made last year. Locking in on receivers. Throwing horrible passes when faced with any pressure. Lack of ball security. The sack at the end of the half. The safety. These are things that should have been fixed before he made it to the NFL.

He's been playing ball since he was a kid. These are things you would hate to see in a high school QB let alone an NFL starter.

Yes you do if you saw Holcomb play last year, The offense looked better, played better, scored more points, and the team won more games.

But Losmans still better. :lol:

819613[/snapback]

I think Losman is playing better this year than he did last year. He also beat Holcomb for the starting job in the preseason.

If Holcomb were to produce the same results as last year, that will put the team at 6-10 or 7-9. What does that get you? A worse draft pick and a tougher time building a team.

You switch to see if you can get something started.

If Losman was getting better and "developing" then I would say yeah stay the course. I'm not seeing any of the "developing". He making the same bad mistakes over and over. If he was learning from his mistakes and they were less frequent then I would be on your side.

I don't need to see Losman win games by himself. I don't have a magic QB rating number or some stats I need to see to jump on his bandwagaon. All I wanted to see is him not making the mistakes this week he made last week. What I am seeing? He is not only making the same mistakes week to week. He is making the same mistakes he made last year. Locking in on receivers. Throwing horrible passes when faced with any pressure. Lack of ball security. The sack at the end of the half. The safety. These are things that should have been fixed before he made it to the NFL.

He's been playing ball since he was a kid. These are things you would hate to see in a high school QB let alone an NFL starter.

819618[/snapback]

Holcomb doesn't have an arm. If Nall were good, the Packers wouldn't have let him go. Losman won the job in preseason. I'm willing to give him the entire year, as long as he is healthy. I'd rather know at the end of the season whether he is an NFL QB or if we need someone else. Winning a game or two more with another QB isn't going to do a damn bit of good to my ego. This team isn't going to the playoffs.

How many opponent's drive starts have started in Bills territory this year, much less at their own 30?  How many TD drives has the defense given-up on drives longer than 50 yards/not after a turnover? 

And after failed 3rd downs and scores, the ST's is supposed to pin the opposing offense back.  How many times has THAT happened this year, compared to the past 2 years?

819609[/snapback]

Of the 15 Bills turnovers? How many are Losman's?

Holcomb doesn't have an arm.  If Nall were good, the Packers wouldn't have let him go.  Losman won the job in preseason.  I'm willing to give him the entire year, as long as he is healthy.  I'd rather know at the end of the season whether he is an NFL QB or if we need someone else.  Winning a game or two more with another QB isn't going to do a damn bit of good to my ego.  This team isn't going to the playoffs.

819624[/snapback]

I guess the difference between you and I is that you are willing to sit through nine more games of this. I'm ready to move on. I've seen enough. I don't think Losman will magically learn how to play QB in the NFL in nine weeks.