The real real real bye week thread

BoondckCL

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick observations before half:

49ers are trying to make the Bills feel good about their Bears loss, down 34-0 in the first half to a Chicago team that has the 72 Dolphins very uncomfortable.

Leinart was 1/9 for 12 yards when I started typing this. He just completed five passes in a row, but is still 6/14 and down 21-0 to Green Bay. I'd rather have Cutler than Leinart, but I'd rather have Whitner + JP than either of them and am happy with our #8 pick.

Quick observations before half:

49ers are trying to make the Bills feel good about their Bears loss, down 34-0 in the first half to a Chicago team that has the 72 Dolphins very uncomfortable.

Leinart was 1/9 for 12 yards when I started typing this.  He just completed five passes in a row, but is still 6/14 and down 21-0 to Green Bay.  I'd rather have Cutler than Leinart, but I'd rather have Whitner + JP than either of them and am happy with our #8 pick.

819684[/snapback]

Its funny. One week people are saying that Leinart has only started 3 games and he shouldnt be in the HOF yet and then the next week those same people are saying he sucks even though he has only played 3 games. :lol:

Why, might I ask? :lol:

819691[/snapback]

I really dont want to get in an arguement about Peyton Manning because I know both sides of the debate ... their is just no point.

But to simply answer your question. I like his work ethic, I like how he is the only QB in the league to call his own plays, I like how he can make his teammates better, and he has been my I guess "idol" (for lack of a better word) since his 2nd year.

I really dont want to get in an arguement about Peyton Manning because I know both sides of the debate ... their is just no point.

But to simply answer your question. I like his work ethic, I like how he is the only QB in the league to call his own plays, I like how he can make his teammates better, and he has been my I guess "idol" (for lack of a better word) since his 2nd year.

819695[/snapback]

Like i said, the smell of sh-- turns some people on.

I like his work ethic...

It's admirable, certainly, but many other QBs also have great work ethics, and put more work into winning than they do improving their own statistics.

I like how he is the only QB in the league to call his own plays...

:lol:

You don't actually believe that, do you? He's really just the only QB to flap his arms wildly while calling his own plays.

I like how he can make his teammates better...

Better at what? Accumulating statistics, or winning important games?

and he has been my I guess "idol" (for lack of a better word) since his 2nd year.

You idolize athletes? <_<

What are your stances on Manning's commercial whoring and remarks about his OL after the playoff loss last year?

It's admirable, certainly, but many other QBs also have great work ethics, and put more work into winning than they do improving their own statistics.

:lol:

You don't actually believe that, do you?  He's really just the only QB to flap his arms wildly while calling his own plays.

Better at what?  Accumulating statistics, or winning important games?

You idolize athletes? <_<

What are your stances on Manning's commercial whoring and remarks about his OL after the playoff loss last year?

819707[/snapback]

As soon as I saw a Patriot fan reply to that, I knew he would want to start a debate. Thats why I said I didnt want to debate it.

Peyton being the only QB who calls his own plays:

Prior to Peyton Manning, the last quarterback to call his own plays in this manner was the Buffalo Bills' Jim Kelly, who ran the "K-Gun", no-huddle offense during their Super Bowl heyday.  -Answer.com

Have you ever seen a better argument for Tuesday Morning Quarterback's longstanding contention that many NFL quarterbacks should call their own plays? Jim Kelly was the last NFL quarterback to call his own plays on a regular basis, and that worked out pretty well as you may recall. In the last decade, playcalling by quarterbacks has become almost unknown. Peyton Manning has authority to call plays at the line, which seems to work out pretty well. - NFL.com

he )tom brady) does not call his own plays. Peyton Manning does. (The first quarterback since, I believe, Jim Kelly to do so.) -SenorCafe

Turns out the Indianapolis Colts quarterback may call more of his own plays than any other quarterback in the NFL  - Florida Today

Quarterbacks who call their own plays have become an endangered species. Jim Kelly did it in Buffalo. Peyton Manning still does it in Indianapolis. But the game has gotten to the point where most teams script plays and stick to a regimented plan put together by a group of coaches, with the coordinator responsible for creating a rhythm to the attack  -SunTimes

But anyway. Im not going to argue this. Ive done it so many times before and its ridiculous.

I like Peyton Manning a lot and you guys dont. Period.

No matter how good (or bad) the Bills are in a given season, the "bye" week reminds me of what the NFL would be like for me if there was not a team in Buffalo.

I watched part of a few games, as I puttered around with other things, but it was NOT THE SAME.

I really look forward to seeing the Bills each week, even if they piss me off.

I sometimes wonder if I would stick with the NFL if the team ever moves. <_<

Bills 99, Bye Week z-e-r-o

No matter how good (or bad) the Bills are in a given season, the "bye" week reminds me of what the NFL would be like for me if there was not a team in Buffalo.

I watched part of a few games, as I puttered around with other things, but it was NOT THE SAME.

I really look forward to seeing the Bills each week, even if they piss me off.

I sometimes wonder if I would stick with the NFL if the team ever moves.  <_<

819997[/snapback]

Same here, I watched about 10 minutes of the Browns/Jets game, and that was it. Just not the same unless the Bills are playing.

Your words and your actions seem a tad out of sync.

And quoting a bunch of mouth-breathing sports writers who think that the only way a QB can call his own plays is by doing a song-and-dance number at the line is not proof of anything.

819755[/snapback]

Ok man, he likes Peyton Manning. Big deal, does it do anything to you?