The real real real bye week thread

BoondckCL

Go colts ... their my 2nd team

Gotta love Peyton Manning

819651[/snapback]

I think it's cool to love Peyton Manning and think he is great and all (he is), but I find it a little disturbing that a BILLS fan could have an all-time favorite QB who is either

a). Not a Bill

B). Not named Kelly

C). Both

Do you really like Peyton Manning more than Jimbo?? :(

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey daq.....I thought you didn't want to argue this. :(

IMO it's very much like comparing Marino to Montana.  It comes back to personal preference on the importance of each factor involved.....and perhaps a large amount of gut reaction.  It's not the sort of thing which one can have a right & wrong opinion is it?

820719[/snapback]

Its a new day. Im probably not going to debate it much more after this.

I think it's cool to love Peyton Manning and think he is great and all (he is), but I find it a little disturbing that a BILLS fan could have an all-time favorite QB who is either

a). Not a Bill

B). Not named Kelly

C). Both

Do you really like Peyton Manning more than Jimbo?? :(

820730[/snapback]

Nooooo. Kelly will most likely always be my favorite QB. He was the QB while I was growing up and he simply stuck with me.

Nooooo. Kelly will most likely always be my favorite QB. He was the QB while I was growing up and he simply stuck with me.

820741[/snapback]

Oh okay...good. Because I remember you saying awhile back that Peyton was "possibly your favorite QB of all time." Got me worried...

Considering you said that SB's wont change anything...

No, I didn't (Hint: Plurals are different from singulars).

Peyton Manning is in the top 25 of NFL QB's (history of the game) for 4 different categories. Attempts, Completions, Yards, and TD's.

Tom Brady is not in the top 50 of any category in passing.

As irrelevant as this is to the debate, you realize that Manning has a three year head start on Brady, correct?

Here is my point. Brady is the most WINNINGEST QB in the leauge and probably of the past decade. No doubt in (I would *hope* anyone's mind).

But (in my strong opinion) Peyton Manning is the best "pure" (without SB/playoffs in mind) QB in the league and one of the best of all time.

Which brings us to the key question: Is a QB's job to lead his team to wins/championships, or to accumulate statistics? I know my answer.

Peyton knows he will most likely have to outscore teams, just like he had to yesterday.

[. . .]

Peyton has to win the game by himself (well the offense) in about 95% of the games they play.

If you're going to trot out this argument, you must also acknowledge that Manning's defense has been lacking because the team spends all its money on providing Manning with an All-Pro supporting cast, which allows him to put up the statistics you cite as proof of his greatness.

Manning's team spends money on offense. Brady's team spends money on defense. They're both working within the confines of the same cap. Which QB has led his team to more success within that system?

As irrelevant as this is to the debate, you realize that Manning has a three year head start on Brady, correct?

Which brings us to the key question: Is a QB's job to lead his team to wins/championships, or to accumulate statistics?  I know my answer.

If you're going to trot out this argument, you must also acknowledge that Manning's defense has been lacking because the team spends all its money on providing Manning with an All-Pro supporting cast, which allows him to put up the statistics you cite as proof of his greatness.

Manning's team spends money on offense.  Brady's team spends money on defense.  They're both working within the confines of the same cap.  Which QB has led his team to more success within that system?

820786[/snapback]

F Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. In fact why don't the two go F eachother?

Which brings us to the key question: Is a QB's job to lead his team to wins/championships, or to accumulate statistics?  I know my answer.

Manning's team spends money on offense.  Brady's team spends money on defense.  They're both working within the confines of the same cap.  Which QB has led his team to more success within that system?

820786[/snapback]

1. Look at Mannings "supporting cast" pre-Manning and post-Manning. Manning makes players better.

Manning does have a 3 year start ... yet that doesnt matter considering that Manning 5 years into his career was already in the top 50, which Brady isnt. Go figure.

As I said. We just disagree. Thats OK though.

F Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. In fact why don't the two go F eachother?

820788[/snapback]

Whats the point in posting that man? Come on.

1. Look at Mannings "supporting cast" pre-Manning and post-Manning. Manning makes players better.

Manning does have a 3 year start ... yet that doesnt matter considering that Manning 5 years into his career was already in the top 50, which Brady isnt. Go figure.

Whats the point in posting that man? Come on.

820789[/snapback]

I really couldn't tell you. I think it is built up agression over the fact that people's eyes are wondering away from the Bills and things that are important so that they can talk about Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Two quarterbacks that will never come to Buffalo and only have an effect on us when we play them. Once twice a year and the other once every couple of years.

Last i checked we played the Patriots already and we don't have the Colts until next week, which is a game that we will more than likely lose.

A little uncalled for? Yes. Justified? Probably not. But that's how i roll. :(

Hey! Is it still the Bye Week?

Thread wasn't closed, so I thought I'd drop in and just say... poop!

Well, don't blame me if it isn't the bye week any longer.

Thread wasn't closed.

Chirp, chirp, chirp.

Sun's up! Sun's up!

LAM! LAM!

I'm here. I'm here.

820789[/snapback]

I can't understand your thinking here Dax. If I have to win a big game against a tough defense, I'm taking Brady. I'm taking the guy whose successfully navigated the playoffs several times over the guy who falls on his face whenever he faces the Pats with superbowl hopes on the line. I'd throw those nice, shiny statistics of yours out the window because I want the guy who just finds a way to win the big games no matter what.

You say Manning is the best "pure QB." What do you mean by that? I'd say he's closer to a classic prototypical quarterback...but Brady's still better. However, Manning is still a close 2nd and nobody else comes close to the two of them.

I can't understand your thinking here Dax. If I have to win a big game against a tough defense, I'm taking Brady. I'm taking the guy whose successfully navigated the playoffs several times over the guy who falls on his face whenever he faces the Pats with superbowl hopes on the line.  I'd throw those nice, shiny statistics of yours out the window because I want the guy who just finds a way to win the big games no matter what.

You say Manning is the best "pure QB." What do you mean by that? I'd say he's closer to a classic prototypical quarterback...but Brady's still better. However, Manning is still a close 2nd and nobody else comes close to the two of them.

820868[/snapback]

And I just disagree. You say he falls on his face when he faces the Patriots in the playoffs. Did you realize that the Patriots-Colts playoff games 2 years ago, was the leading reason why the NFL started to re-inforce the 5 yard chuck rule, because Ty Law and Co. were raping receivers all the way down the field and thus were able to get those INT's?

P.S. Brady didnt navigate any playoffs. Brady and his TEAM including Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crenell, navigated the playoffs. Manning has an offense and himself (he calls the plays aka he is the 0-coordinator) .... he has no defense to help him. Put Manning on those Pats SB teams and I think he wins the same SB's