Make or break for J.P.

Coming off of how he's been playing the past few weeks, I feel next Sunday will be a very important game. If he can't get it done.....

a.) At home

b.) With an extra week of preperation

c.) A re-tooled line to better assist him

d.) Against a horrid GB defense

.... then his days are numbered in my opinion. But if he can pull it out and really play well, it could be an opportune (sp?) time to get a little confidence, momentum, and right the ship.

Coming off of how he's been playing the past few weeks, I feel next Sunday will be a very important game. If he can't get it done.....

a.) At home

.... then his days are numbered in my opinion. But if he can pull it out and really play well, it could be an opportune (sp?) time to get a little confidence, momentum, and right the ship.

819255[/snapback]

What happens if he plays lights out and the Bills still lose?

a.) At home

What happens if he sucks hind tit next week, and then plays well the rest of the season? Will next week's game not have been a make or break game?

This game can mostly hurt JP not help for the reasons you mentioned. If he passes for 300 plus or throws 3 plus TDs those that oppose will say it was only against Green Bay and it doesn't count. If he plays bad; no matter whether we win or lose he will be cut up on this board.

This game can mostly hurt JP not help for the reasons you mentioned. If he passes for 300 plus or throws 3 plus TDs those that oppose will say it was only against Green Bay and it doesn't count. If he plays bad; no matter whether we win or lose he will be cut up on this board.

819276[/snapback]

You make it seem like what people on this board say actually matters....

Losman will be fine regardless of what is said on this board after the game.

What happens if he plays lights out and the Bills still lose?

819261[/snapback]

If your FG kicker goes 6/6 and your team loses, do you bench him? If your DE gets four sacks and a bunch of tackles and your team loses, do you bench the DE?

I for one believe a QB should be evaluated based on his own contributions, and not on whether the team wins or loses.

If your FG kicker goes 6/6 and your team loses, do you bench him? If your DE gets four sacks and a bunch of tackles and your team loses, do you bench the DE?

I for one believe a QB should be evaluated based on his own contributions, and not on whether the team wins or loses.

819427[/snapback]

Well said.

JP might very well not be the answer.

He could go down in the annals of Bills History as just another extremely costly and terribly bad pick by Donahoe. He might need the same things to be successfull as the ageing doofus that's currently twisting slowly in the wind in Dullass - 5 All Pro OLinemen, HOF TE, WRs and RB.

If that's the case we in Buffalo will NEVER get to see the "real" JP because the closest any of our OLinemen will ever get to the ProBowl is about 6 feet. That is laying back fat, happy, and sassy 6 feet in front of their living room's 90"Plasma TV that they bought with their bonus checks. Don't feel bad for them though. They can write the cost off as a business expense because they use it all day to play Madden 07 to improve their professional skills.

You make it seem like what people on this board say actually matters....

Losman will be fine regardless of what is said on this board after the game.

819387[/snapback]

This post hits to the core of it all, and I couldn't agree more. What's posted on this board has all the meaning and staying power of a fart in a hurricane. Is Losman the next coming of Unitas? Montana? (Gulp) Brady? Who knows? Looking around the league, would I rather have Losman that all but 10-11 quarterbacks? Personally, I would. And in two years, I'm going to reduce that number to about 5-6. The decision-making is improving, the physical tools are there, and the coaching staff knows it.

That's why they're focusing on the NEXT element of successful offensive production, and that's the supporting cast - in the case of the Bills, the O-line. Don't take your collective eyes off THAT ball. Losman's here, he's going to stay, he's going to improve. Next Sunday, I'm going to be watching - and holding my breath while doing it - both of our tackles. I'm not as concerned about Peters' ability to match footwork on the left side, but Pennington? It leaves me scratching my head. Butler's a 5th-rounder, Pennington's a 7th rounder, so they obviously valued Butler more than Pennington on Draft Day. Can someone shed any light on what's changed? And I don't mean "he must be playing better". I know that. What aspect about his play got him into the starting lineup as a 7th-rounder? Size? Strength? Footwork? Is Butler incompetent? :lol:

What aspect about his play got him into the starting lineup as a 7th-rounder?  Size?  Strength?  Footwork?  Is Butler incompetent? :lol:

819441[/snapback]

I agree that JP will be fine. I like him and he is getting better.

As for Butler, the guy looks small and is listed at 292. He's probably really 285. Pennington is about 315 and more physically suited to the position in today's game.

I aggree that this is not a make or break game for JP. its important as all games are important so that is not saying much. The timing of the game makes this an important opportunity to measure his progress and as tbe Bills are looking to reverse a 3 game slide its importantce is magnified.

However, even if Jim bo were QB 2 of these three factors heightening the import of the game would be true so as far as JP goes this is just another steo he needs tio take if he wants to stick around.

However, I see little greater or lesser import based on where he is. He will neither end all questions wih a good game or sign his death warrant as a Bill with a bad game.

a.) At home

819255[/snapback]

How do you know if the re-tooled OL will fare any better than the previous OL? Jauron has already stated he considers JP a rookie. And it has shown that JP is a rookie in terms of playing time regardless of what the other retards on this board like to rant about. Give it a rest.

He may be a rookie in terms of the number of games played, but he has been through three training camps, a number of preaseason games, numerous practices over the last three years and a couple of offseasons.

819541[/snapback]

And acouple of different offensive systems with all new receivers besides Evans and Reed...your point is?

Excellent post! and not just people on the board. But the idiots in the media who have more influence on us fans than we want to admit.

819276[/snapback]

Excellent post! and not just people on the board. But the idiots in the media who have more influence on us fans than we want to admit.

819961[/snapback]

What are you talking about; most on this board are like the media in that over react to good and bad performances. Some don't realize that the media is paid to do this, create hysteria just to create a story to sell. Take JP for instance. I can see some idiotic fan jumping on any QB expecting him to only need a few games to be an All Pro. But the media guys are suppose to know better as they are suppose to be EXPERTS who spend their entire day studying the game. Especially the guy from the NFL network; I think Al Shoftner is his name last week know good and well that there is no reason for the Bills who in the preseaosn was expected to win no more than 5 games to change their young QB who they moved up to get when he has only 16 starts;7 under a new system. Now I can see if he showed absolutely no improvement whatsoever or was throwing 3-4 ints a game and completed less than half of his passes. That guy must also know that we have no definite upgrade on the bench or expecting to compete this year. His job was to create havoc among Bills fans to get more fans questioning JP as a starter.