JP vs Eli

1billsfan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop looking at paper.

Eli makes more plays.  Like any QB learning, he will have troubles, but when the troubles come with greatness, you can live with them.

Losman is playing himself off this team because his mistakes do not come with signs of greatness.

817838[/snapback]

Whem Eli makes a mistake he has great players to cover up for him.

Whem Eli makes a mistake he has great players to cover up for him.

819214[/snapback]

Good for Eli.

Does this work for Mike Mularkey also?? Marv Levy had better players, we should have let Mularkey develope.

The record of the Giants the year before Manning took over, 4-12. His 2nd year, 11-5.

The record of the Bills the year before Losman took over, 9-7. His 2nd year, 2-5 so far.

Flip it and speculate anyway you want. Both guys had about the same amount of starts, Losman played in more games and started more by the 2nd year of being the starter, plus he had a year to sit.

Good for Eli.

Does this work for Mike Mularkey also??  Marv Levy had better players, we should have let Mularkey develope.

The record of the Giants the year before Manning took over, 4-12.  His 2nd year, 11-5.

The record of the Bills the year before Losman took over, 9-7.  His 2nd year, 2-5 so far.

Flip it and speculate anyway you want.  Both guys had about the same amount of starts, Losman played in more games and started more by the 2nd year of being the starter, plus he had a year to sit.

819216[/snapback]

You're right, Mike Mularkey has never coached before in the NFL and has no experience in it and therefore can be considered equivalent to JP who had just never been in the NFL period. That is definitely a fair comparison. :lol::P:lol:

Good for Eli.

Does this work for Mike Mularkey also??  Marv Levy had better players, we should have let Mularkey develope.

The record of the Giants the year before Manning took over, 4-12.  His 2nd year, 11-5.

The record of the Bills the year before Losman took over, 9-7.  His 2nd year, 2-5 so far.

Flip it and speculate anyway you want.  Both guys had about the same amount of starts, Losman played in more games and started more by the 2nd year of being the starter, plus he had a year to sit.

819216[/snapback]

It's interesting that you mention Malarkey. A guy who's main reason for quiting was because of the hostile environment some immature Bills fans had made for his family. Too bad JP doesn't have a family to hound, huh? Maybe if you run enough players out of town, there won't be a Bills team to make misguided and unfounded criticisms about anymore. You just don't get it.

It's interesting that you mention Malarkey. A guy who's main reason for quiting was because of the hostile environment some immature Bills fans had made for his family. Too bad JP doesn't have a family to hound, huh? Maybe if you run enough players out of town, there won't be a Bills team to make misguided and unfounded criticisms about anymore. You just don't get it.

819250[/snapback]

What is with Bills fans, we are smarter than this.

THE WHOLE MULARKEY COMMENT WAS ABOUT HIM BEING A BAD HEAD COACH, EVEN THOUGH HE HAD THE SAME TALENT JP LOSMAN IS FAILING WITH, THE SAME TALENT PEOPLE ARE SAYING IS THE CAUSE FOR JP FAILING.

GET THE POINT?

I hope caps helped.

We didnt need to see anymore of Mularkey because we knew he didnt get it, it didnt matter if we gave him upgraded talent, I dint feel confident in Mularkey. Its the same way I feel about JP. Even if we upgraded the OL, gave him a 6'6 WR, a TE with Schockey's ability, JP Losman, IMO, would not be a better QB.

Losman's problems are mental.

819250[/snapback]

So people actually believe that this is the reason Mularkey resigned?

I honestly believed that it was because he didn't get a ringing endorsement from the front office or that he saw how shorn of talent the team was and realized that he'd better get out while he still had some kind of a rep in the league.

I can't imagine the fans in Miami are being nice to him either.

What is with Bills fans, we are smarter than this.

THE WHOLE MULARKEY COMMENT WAS ABOUT HIM BEING A BAD HEAD COACH, EVEN THOUGH HE HAD THE SAME TALENT JP LOSMAN IS FAILING WITH, THE SAME TALENT PEOPLE ARE SAYING IS THE CAUSE FOR JP FAILING.

GET THE POINT?

I hope caps helped.

We didnt need to see anymore of Mularkey because we knew he didnt get it, it didnt matter if we gave him upgraded talent, I dint feel confident in Mularkey. Its the same way I feel about JP.  Even if we upgraded the OL, gave him a 6'6 WR, a TE with Schockey's ability, JP Losman, IMO, would not be a better QB.

Losman's problems are mental.

819262[/snapback]

You're a "magic bullet" kind of guy aren't you? What I mean by that is that you're the guy who's looking for that one cure for all that ills the Bills. Last season it was Malarkey, before that it was Bledsoe, this year it's JP Losman. This is a foolish notion. Maybe you're young and the Superbowl Bills teams was your starting reference point of being a Bills fan. Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, Kent Hull were all Hall of Fame type players. However they also had amazingly talented players playing along side of them that helped them become great players on a great team. But some fans here, including me, remember the bleak years before that super era. They were bad because they lacked talent across the board. Not only didn't they have Hall of Fame players, they didn't have anyone worth a nickel or a dime. So here you go are on you're little "JP sucks, lets get him out of here" campaign and all us longtime fans can do is listen to and laugh. The smart fans here who know it takes 53 good players to turn things around. That ONE player is not what 's wrong with this team. That the majority of the players on the Bills are playing bad football. It will take an overhaul to get back to being called a good team. With an overhaul comes playing young players who are not fully developed players. One of these players is named JP Losman. If you think he sucks, that just fine and dandy. Even though it's not alright with you, Levy and Jaroun will be doing the right thing by this organization and they will play JP the entire year to find out if he's the answer at quarterback. Just like they're going to do with all of the other players on this team that are young and have some talent.

You're a "magic bullet" kind of guy aren't you? What I mean by that is that you're the guy who's looking for that one cure for all that ills the Bills. Last season it was Malarkey, before that it was Bledsoe, this year it's JP Losman. This is a foolish notion. Maybe you're young and the Superbowl Bills teams was your starting reference point of being a Bills fan. Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, Kent Hull were all Hall of Fame type players. However they also had amazingly talented players playing along side of them that helped them become great players on a great team. But some fans here, including me, remember the bleak years before that super era. They were bad because they lacked talent across the board. Not only didn't they have Hall of Fame players, they didn't have anyone worth a nickel or a dime. So here you go are on you're little "JP sucks, lets get him out of here" campaign and all us longtime fans can do is listen to and laugh. The smart fans here who know it takes 53 good players to turn things around. That ONE player is not what 's wrong with this team. That the majority of the players on the Bills are playing bad football. It will take an overhaul to get back to being called a good team. With an overhaul comes playing young players who are not fully developed players. One of these players is named JP Losman. If you think he sucks, that just fine and dandy. Even though it's not alright with you, Levy and Jaroun will be doing the right thing by this organization and they will play JP the entire year to find out if he's the answer at quarterback. Just like they're going to do with all of the other players on this team that are young and have some talent.

819457[/snapback]

Why are you putting words in my mouth?? There are multiple positions on this football team that need to be upgraded, including QB. JP's problems are not fixed by the talent around him. If I thought that he had the mental ability to improve with better talent, I would be all for putting all our hope into JP Losman again next year and improve the talent around him. I have nothing to believe JP Losman has that in him though. He has to do something that tells the Bills organization and the fans that he is someone we should give another year.

It has nothing to do with pulling him this year, it's all about next year. Should we go out and make a serious effort to find another QB, doesnt even mean JP is not on the team next year, all it means is we have two guys we are hoping is the future instead of just JP.

But seriously, you cant use the talent around a player as a judge of how a player is playing. You have to look at the player. We could go on and on about how other players would be better if we had a better this or that.

JP will be fine. People need to leave him alone and let him develop.

819159[/snapback]

Is it something about our San Diego sunshine that lets us be calm an rational? I agree. JP has a very good chance of developing into a good QB and is on pace for what I would have expected this season from him with the young team and weak O-Line. He has been very disappointing in the last three games, and I don't enjoy the struggles, but he will have his ups and downs as he learns the new system with a young team. The Minnesota Vikings would also be 5-1 if JP hadn't beaten them.

The JP to Eli comparisons are interesting mostly because Eli is a good QB and nobody wants to take his job and give it to Holcomb or Nall. Nobody says that the Giants should have passed on D'Brick to take Leinart or Cutler. Nobody is checking the standings to see if the Giants have a chance to get Quinn.

I don't have any long term attachment or vested interest in JP. I just think he has a good chance of becoming a good player. Following him throughout our young team's building year this year is important, but you have to be ready to have him take some lumps, and then decide *after* the season if there is a better alternative. I sure hope not, because I would like to spend zero draft picks and zero free agent dollars on QBs this winter, and instead improve other areas of our team.

I think that JP has the potential to be a winning QB in Buffalo and lead this team back to the playoffs and towards the Super Bowl. The next nine games will serve to collect more evidence to see if this view is right, or if we should change direction after the season at the cost of taking a step backwards and spending more of our limited resources on the position.

• 1 month later...
Sorry, but I couldn't resist. Anyone still think it's a joke to compare JP Losman to the great Eli Manning?

:beer:

852039[/snapback]

Actually, yes. J.P Losman is a young up and coming quarterback who knows what to do when the game is on the line. Manning is a hack responsible for one of the biggest choke jobs in NFL history. Thw two best quarterbacks of that class will square off this Sunday at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Actually, yes. J.P Losman is a young up and coming quarterback who knows what to do when the game is on the line. Manning is a hack responsible for one of the biggest choke jobs in NFL history. Thw two best quarterbacks of that class will square off this Sunday at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

852168[/snapback]

That is unfair on Manning....Even this season in game 2, he brought back the Giants in the 4th qtr with that fantastic throw to Plaxico...

The difference is Losman is gaining in confidence and also gaining the support of his teammates, whereas Eli is losing confidence in his ability and also losing the support of his team mates.

That is unfair on Manning....Even this season in game 2, he brought back the Giants in the 4th qtr with that fantastic throw to Plaxico...

The difference is Losman is gaining in confidence and also gaining the support of his teammates, whereas Eli is losing confidence in his ability and also losing the support of his team mates.

852296[/snapback]

Not sure it is very unfair. I have watched at least 2 games of the Giants (one earlier int he beginning of the season and one last weekend) and I seriously doubt his arm strength and accuracy. I said the same about Grossman towards the beginning of the season and was laughed off especially by people in my office.

I do agree with your second para. I think JP is doing a lot more with a lot less than Eli has around him. As a side note, wasn't it in the off-season that Eli took some informal coaching from someone outside the Giants organization and that pissed his coaches off ? These things catch up with you....