Bills currently picking 10th

Now me.... I'm always looking for the 4 or 5 game winning streak that shocks the football world! Oh well!

817837[/snapback]

I always look for the worst possible scenario when it comes to the Bills. A 4-5 game winning streak to end the season meets my criteria. It moves us back in the draft in addition to giving us hope that this team is turning it around. This, of course, will make it all the more painful when the Bills suck (again) next year. This happened to us a few years ago and now the Dolphins' fans are experiencing it (which happens to be the best part of the football season).

http://members.tripod.com/sdogo/week2date.htm

For the draftnicks, here's a page that is updated after NFL week with the order of April's NFL Draft.

We're in the top 10, but will have to keep the losing up if we want a shot at Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, or Brady Quinn  :angry:  <_<

817700[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I think the Bills will get 4-5 wins in the second half of the season. With such an easy schedule, they've got to REALLY suck, and in all phases, to finish high enough to draft one of those players.

Oh, and by the way, Goodell will say this sometime in the future.... " and with the 32nd pick of the 20__ draft the Buffalo Bills select _____!" Just call me optimistic!

817883[/snapback]

If you were REALLY optimistic, you would've said "with the 32nd pick of the 200_" draft instead of "20__"

Unfortunately, I think the Bills will get 4-5 wins in the second half of the season.  With such an easy schedule, they've got to REALLY suck, and in all phases, to finish high enough to draft one of those players.

818085[/snapback]

You can't be serious. We'll be lucky to win 3 more games this year.

You can't be serious. We'll be lucky to win 3 more games this year.

818107[/snapback]

Completely serious. Just look at the schedule. Also, remember, things are never as good as you think they are, and things are never as bad as well. The Bills don't really suck as much as they've shown the past three games. The shuffling of the o-line should help. The bye week will help. They'll get it together. I hope.

HAHA! I was thinking the same thing except with the Colts instead of the Patriots.  :lol:

818284[/snapback]

the colts are not winning a superbowl, not with that run defense. I looked going back to 1990 no team ranked over #20 in run defense won a superbowl.

05- steelers #3 ranked run defense

04- pats #6 ranked run defense

03- pats #4 ranked run defense

02- bucs #5 ranked run defense

01- pats #19 ranked run defense

00- ravens #1 ranked run defense

99- rams #1 ranked run defense

98- den #3 ranked run defense

97- den # 16 ranked run defense

96- gb # 4 ranked run defense

95- dallas #16 ranked run defense

94- sf #2 ranked run defense

93- dallas #11 ranked run defense

92- dallas #1 ranked run defense

91- wash #3 ranked run defense

90- nyg- #4 ranked run defense

Currently the colts sit at 30th in the league in run defense in yards 32nd in ypa. They'd have to seriously step it up in order to buck history. Unless you can stop the run and run the ball you're not winning a superbowl.

Unfortunately, I think the Bills will get 4-5 wins in the second half of the season. With such an easy schedule, they've got to REALLY suck, and in all phases, to finish high enough to draft one of those players.

Nov 5 Green Bay 1:00pm 107 110

Nov 12 @Indianapolis 1:00pm 125 123

Nov 19 @Houston 1:00pm 110 110

Nov 26 Jacksonville 1:00pm 181 181

Dec 3 San Diego 1:00pm 152 152

Dec 10 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm 152 152

Dec 17 Miami 1:00pm 117 107

Dec 24 Tennessee 1:00pm 153

Dec 31 @Baltimore 1:00pm 110 143

At first I was gonna call you insane with the current state of the team, but 4-5 wins out of this really doesn't seem that unlikely.

As it currently stands now we're in good position to grab gaines adams or quentin moses to add to our dline. Also Sam Baker will probably be around when we draft. So Upgrades to either side of the line will be around.

the colts are not winning a superbowl, not with that run defense....

Currently the colts sit at 30th in the league in run defense in yards 32nd in ypa. They'd have to seriously step it up in order to buck history. Unless you can stop the run and run the ball you're not winning a superbowl.....

818290[/snapback]

I've thought exactly the same thing. The colts are a top team who are great to watch play & they have the most admirable QB in the league who is also arguably one of the greatest of all time as a passer......but they cannot stop the run at all. Manning cannot come from behind every game to win. It's pretty obvious why they (IMO) overpaid for Booger.

What's more frustrating for a fan.....to be constantly rubbish...or...be constantly on the cusp of greatness with continual failure? As Bills fans we've experienced both in the extremes.

I hope we are nowhere near the #10 pick next draft.....preferably we improve to the late teens area, not regress to top 4.

What's more frustrating for a fan.....to be constantly rubbish...or...be constantly on the cusp of greatness with continual failure?

818292[/snapback]

I'd rather be consistently on the cusp of winning than simply sucking every single year. I think the fact that the early 90s Bills are considered the "glory years" is a testament to that. How fricking sad is it to be a Bills fan, 4 years of losing Super Bowls is considered the "glory years".

What's more frustrating for a fan.....to be constantly rubbish...or...be constantly on the cusp of greatness with continual failure?  As Bills fans we've experienced both in the extremes. 

818292[/snapback]

More frustrating to be rubbish.

During those several years of Shottenheimer's KC clubs that just missed or got knocked out in the 1st round, I'm certain that their fans had a heck of a good time all season long, until the very end. :lol:

I'd rather be consistently on the cusp of winning than simply sucking every single year.  I think the fact that the early 90s Bills are considered the "glory years" is a testament to that.  How fricking sad is it to be a Bills fan, 4 years of losing Super Bowls is considered the "glory years".

818419[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing the other day while reading someones post. That is such a loser mentality. I would have loved to have just grabbed that first one from the Giants but it didnt work out. Being the runner up blows. Those days are long gone and until this franchise really steps it up and starts to be aggressive with the free agency approach and bringing in impact players than we will be subpar for a while.

On a side note it would be nice to see some intensity out of Jauron. I mean cmon work the officials a little bit get a fire going he is the most complacent guy I have ever seen. I know hes smart but so was Marv and he didnt hesitate to light a fire under someones ass. Cmon Dick show some emotion.