Evans hangs onto that pass in the endzone....

Tom

I was actually really suprised seeing his stats. Much better than I thought they would be.

I believe they were better that Brady's....... except for the turnovers, of course. :doh:

I was actually really suprised seeing his stats. Much better than I thought they would be.

813563[/snapback]

Whew! For a second there, I thought we lost the game! Everyone can relax. JP's stats weren't bad. :doh:

And Tom, if planes hadn't crashed into the WTC, the towers would still be standing. The point is, what happened did happen. You can't put your thumb over all the mistakes and say "Other than that, JP had a good game!"

That is an Arizona and Detroit mentality. Which, sadly, this organization has sunk to.

I believe they were better that Brady's....... except for the turnovers, of course. :doh:

813568[/snapback]

Brady fumbled too-- of course, we didn't recover it (and the Pats gained 7 yards out of it). It seems pretty rare when we can get a break against the Pats.

I thought JP played fine for the most part--very accurate, made some nice reads. The difference b/w JP and Brady was simply this--killer instinct in the redzone. Brady can play like a crap but find a way to make clutch throws in the redzone. JP hasn't done that yet--and in fact, his one fumble and pick were in or near the redzone, killing scoring drives.

...........then they would have lost by 15 instead of 22. Big frickin deal.

813628[/snapback]

Not true. When it rains, it pours. And when things feel like they're working, it builds, too. This game hinges upon moments, and when nothing is going your way, even less things will go your way in the future.

....or if the ref  wasn't in his way on that scramble, he probably doesn't fumble. 

For the most part, his passes were on target.

813557[/snapback]

When they showed the replay of the pass to Evans, it was clear the defender managed to stick his arm in there to knock the ball out. Yes, Evans could have done better, and it also would have helped had the throw been made a little bit sooner. If you wait too long, Evans has to slow down a little to avoid running out the back of the end zone, and the defender can catch up. But I don't see that play as a negative reflection on Evans or Losman, so much as an example of good defense by the New England guy.

The fumble on the scramble was inexcusable, ref or no ref.