Just Jack

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:doh:

What do you mean?

813423[/snapback]

Well, apparently there was this big snowstorm a week ago, and now most people have power, so they now need phones and cable hooked back up. To get that done sooner, companies will send workers from other areas to help the locals.

Well, apparently there was this big snowstorm a week ago, and now most people have power, so they now need phones and cable hooked back up. To get that done sooner, companies will send workers from other areas to help the locals.

813472[/snapback]

The area's without cable still?

813472[/snapback]

Our guys have been working up there since the get-go. :P

813472[/snapback]

And they're just getting there now? Damn Bush administration.

Our guys have been working up there since the get-go.  ;)

813829[/snapback]

I assume some how you are associated with Time Warner? Well I know you post a lot here and seem OK, and I post here occasionally and also am OK. But I have to vent on this one, sorry, but TW's performance to date is nothing to be proud of. In fact it is pathetic for an organiaztion of this size.

My story and why I feel this way. Called TW on Sunday 10/15 to advise of my cable line severed from the house. They say they will be out Wednesday. Wednesday they say they will be out in no less than TWO MONTHS. Are you kidding me? Sunday, 10/22, they reconnect the two houses to my left and the line guy says he'll do mine. Next thing I know they pack up and leave and I have nothing since. Call TW again and they say they cannot tell me when I will be re-installed or what areas there people are working in. But they assure they are providing great service. Well great service is determined by the customer, not a statement by the provider. TW is a JOKE.

I assume some how you are associated with Time Warner?  Well I know you post a lot here and seem OK, and I post here occasionally and also am OK.  But I have to vent on this one, sorry, but TW's performance to date is nothing to be proud of.  In fact it is pathetic for an organiaztion of this size.

My story and why I feel this way.  Called TW on Sunday 10/15 to advise of my cable line severed from the house.  They say they will be out Wednesday.  Wednesday they say they will be out in no less than TWO MONTHS.  Are you kidding me?  Sunday, 10/22, they reconnect the two houses to my left and the line guy says he'll do mine.  Next thing I know they pack up and leave and I have nothing since.  Call TW again and they say they cannot tell me when I will be re-installed or what areas there people are working in.  But they assure they are providing great service.  Well great service is determined by the customer, not a statement by the provider.  TW is a JOKE.

815483[/snapback]

Now's a good time for DirecTV.

Now's a good time for DirecTV.

815491[/snapback]

That's what I told them. I said "I'll guess I have to call the Dish Network". They weren't even fazed by that. Just continue to read off their customer service script of circular arguments. Geez, just recalling this whole episode is raising my blood pressure ;)

Was out for a run in Clarence yesterday, and saw a tree removal service from Gainesville, FL taking down limbs and picking up debris. We got 'em coming here from near and far 'cause there's so much work to be done and money to be made - it's just too much for local/county/state cleanup crews.

I read in an article that if you took all the debris and placed it in one pile, they estimated it would make a pile large enough to fill "The Ralph" to about 28 stories high - or about the height of City Hall.

That's a lotta mulch.

I assume some how you are associated with Time Warner?  Well I know you post a lot here and seem OK, and I post here occasionally and also am OK.  But I have to vent on this one, sorry, but TW's performance to date is nothing to be proud of.  In fact it is pathetic for an organiaztion of this size.

815483[/snapback]

Sorry about your plight, however, exactly how many technicians do you think work in the Buffalo system? We've been sending people from our Division in Binghamton and Syracuse and Rochester and I'm sure from all over the state. Do you realize how many lines are down? Do you realize how many people just got their power back on? Just sayin'.

Sorry about your plight, however, exactly how many technicians do you think work in the Buffalo system? We've been sending people from our Division in Binghamton and Syracuse and Rochester and I'm sure from all over the state. Do you realize how many lines are down? Do you realize how many people just got their power back on? Just sayin'.

816006[/snapback]

Hmmm, sounds like he's got the customer service thing pegged.