Attn Buffalo residents

Just Jack

I remember when we got DTV at my parent's house in Florida and installed it ourselves - it wasn't that hard to point the satellite.

816676[/snapback]

Nah, it's not all that tough - if you can read a user's manual and follow instructions, all you really need is a screwdriver and a maybe a cheap compass.

But I was referring to a service provider 're-pointing' all the dishes of all its subscribers (or at least some large subset) at one time.

Plus you gotta remember - you guys may have had no difficulty, but there are plenty of folks out there that can't even set the clock on their VCR.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose the only thing funnier would be if the cable company came to repair, and the boom from their truck knocked off Fezmid's dish!!! :lol:

(Just kidding, Fez!)

816673[/snapback]

That's have to be a VERY VERY tall truck... And I'd wonder what they're doing in the middle of my 2nd story roof :lol:

:lol:

816713[/snapback]

You need a new VCR -- they actually set the time themselves. :lol: (all of the PBS channels broadcast the time on their channel, and the new VCRs can pick that up and set themselves. :) ).

On second thought, VCRs are dead, you don't need a new one. :(

CW

From some returning QA's (MS,LA... Katrina) here at work... I hear some LIKE living in FEMA trailers... It is called upward mobility...

:lol:  :)

817103[/snapback]

So I guess we should be glad they're finally here...

WNY gets disaster designation

My home is fine now, the debris cleared, power on, communications restored, but my bar needs re-stocking. I was hoping they'd just give out those $2000 no-questions-asked debit cards again. :lol:

You mean we're not?  I was going to use that for a pair of Sabre season tix's  :huh:

817578[/snapback]

:doh:

FEMA's too late for that as well - from what I read this morning, the 'bres now have started a waiting list for season tix...

Hottest tickets in town? Sabres expect season sellout

We can tie the NHL record for best start with a win tonite on Long island...

GO SABRES!!!!

(98 and 0, baby!)

• 2 weeks later...
I assume some how you are associated with Time Warner?  Well I know you post a lot here and seem OK, and I post here occasionally and also am OK.  But I have to vent on this one, sorry, but TW's performance to date is nothing to be proud of.  In fact it is pathetic for an organiaztion of this size.

My story and why I feel this way.  Called TW on Sunday 10/15 to advise of my cable line severed from the house.  They say they will be out Wednesday.  Wednesday they say they will be out in no less than TWO MONTHS.  Are you kidding me?  Sunday, 10/22, they reconnect the two houses to my left and the line guy says he'll do mine.  Next thing I know they pack up and leave and I have nothing since.  Call TW again and they say they cannot tell me when I will be re-installed or what areas there people are working in.  But they assure they are providing great service.  Well great service is determined by the customer, not a statement by the provider.  TW is a JOKE.

815483[/snapback]

This gets better all the time. On 10/31 they re-string my house to the pole, but I still have no signal. They insist they're done when I call back that day. I again call a second time and they then say that although they strung to the pole, they have not spliced anyone in. TW promises everyone in W Seneca restored service by 11/2. No service on 11/3, so now they are stating 11/15 as the best they can do. That's 5 weeks they have not been able to restore service. Absolutely incredible