How's Mularkey lookin'?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am well-aware of what his point was.  And notwithstanding your reiteration of it, the fact that the Giants are 3-1 playing who they played and that the Bills are 0-3 playing who they played simply does not support this point, as he tried to do. 

Good for you!  But there is simply nothing to support the point other than your subjective belief in it.  Would Clements have knocked down the pass against Jax just because one of those guys was coaching?  Would the refs have called the game better in Oakland because it was one of those guys instead?  Would Greer not been offsides on the FGA because theyw ere coaching?  All pure speculation.  Any one of those guys could just as easily be 0-3 with this team as Mularkey.

58654[/snapback]

We should have hired Gibbs :w00t:

I know your questions were rhetorical, but I think players do play better for some coaches and MAYBE some coaches get more respect from the officials.

My feeling on the Bills is that we can compete until the critical points in games, and then we can't match our opponents intensity and execution when it matters most -what lots of people here are calling "playing small".

I agree that it's too early to be overly critical of the coaching staff, but I think "playing small" is a reflection on the team's preparation and the coaching staff.

With a team that has HALF the talent we do. Coaching is HUGE in this league.

And yet, TD seems to believe  a rookie HC can get the job done.

They blew that game bigtime. Poor execution, no discipline. Now look at the Giants. Playing tight football, no big mistakes. Where's the accountability? This team will lose next week and perhaps the following week as well.

What a joke. When you can't even get excited for gameday because youKNOW they're gonna lose, you've become the Bengals.

58570[/snapback]

The Giants offense sure looks good. Kurt warner has been resurrected.

Too bad we couldn't get kevin Gilbride to coach in Buffalo. :w00t:

With a team that has HALF the talent we do. Coaching is HUGE in this league.

And yet, TD seems to believe  a rookie HC can get the job done.

They blew that game bigtime. Poor execution, no discipline. Now look at the Giants. Playing tight football, no big mistakes. Where's the accountability? This team will lose next week and perhaps the following week as well.

What a joke. When you can't even get excited for gameday because youKNOW they're gonna lose, you've become the Bengals.

58570[/snapback]

i agree with joe. i hate to say it, but mularkey looked a lot like greggg on the sidelines last week...and the no-review in oakland was inexcusable. i will give him the benefit of the doubt right now for being a rookie, but i want to remind everyone (while the giants are playing well, at least) that i begged donohoe to hire tom coughlin last winter. in mularkey, we seem to have another "players coach" who doesn't seem to want to chew anyone out. maybe it's happening behind the scenes, but i won't believe he means it until he starts sitting down vets who do dumb stevestojan on the field. then i'll know this guy has a chance of suceeding here.

but for now, i have become skeptical.

Oh, don't I just love these meaningless throw-away comparisons as if they actually indicate something meaningful.

First, the Gints 3 wins have come against opponents with a combined record of 4-8, not one of which has a winning record.

The only team they have played with a winning record they got their asses handed to them.

The Bills three losses have been to teams with a combined record of 8-3.

58595[/snapback]

IMO that's not an accurate way to look at diffficulty of schedule,

I like this comparison better:

If they didn't play the Giants, Giants opponents are 3-5.

If they didn't play the Bills, Bills opponents are 5-3.

hiring another rookie coach after the greg williams flop was a mistake

experience makes a huge difference the bills will suffer from mularkys learing curve the ? is are you gonna givehim a 3 year learning curve ??????

that will mean 6 years of undisciplined losing seasons for the bills

3 from williams 3 from mularky...

every one says mularky is tough on discipline well the team plays the same as it did under williams

IMO that's not an accurate way to look at diffficulty of schedule,

I like this comparison better:

If they didn't play the Giants, Giants opponents are 3-5.

If they didn't play the Bills, Bills opponents are 5-3.

58897[/snapback]

The point I was making was NOT that my analysis proved anything other than that the records do not support JSP's opinion any more than they support the opposite. 3-4 games is not a statistically significant sample of games.

But even subtracting the games you do, those records still do not support the theory that the Giants are so much better than the Bills due to Coughlin.

i agree with joe.  i hate to say it, but mularkey looked a lot like greggg on the sidelines last week...and the no-review in oakland was inexcusable. 

but for now, i have become skeptical.

58867[/snapback]

This is such bull_shit! You have no idea what kind of review angles were available. You have no idea how those replays were provided to the coaches upstairs, and based on the couple of highlights that were shown after the fact, it was HIGHLY unlikely that the call would have been overturned for lack of sufficient evidence that the call made on the field was incorrect.

Of course, had he merely blindly challenged the call anyway, and the call not been overturned which has the most likely scenario based on the replays I've seen, you all would have been bitching because he lost a timeout and has no idea when to challenge calls.

:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
I missed where you ate crow.  Could you please do it again?  For me?

150412[/snapback]

OK, for those with age-incued myopia and hearing loss, ( :P ) one more time:

I was WRONG abotu Mike Mularkey. He needed time to learn how to coach.

I was definitely incorrect on McGahee.

And I was wrong on MUCH of Tom Donohoe's decision making.

I'm still skeptical about Bledsoe, however, and will never approve of the Greggo era, but I am more than willing to admit my mistakes in the above categories.

Feel better? :doh:

What?  Could you speak up?  I can't HEAR YOU?

Is anyone out there?  I don't see as well as I used to.

:doh:

150422[/snapback]

We warned you that staring into Rudolph's nose like that would do that to you...

:P

Smartass. Tell me one thing. In those first few weeks, just tell me that you didn't feel the same way.

I already ate crow, and I'll do it again, I was wrong.

150408[/snapback]

I didn't but I'm patient. I knew we'd struggle out of the gate. I also know that confidence (Rome) isn't rebuilt in a day. Coach Mularkey had the players from jump - something GW never pulled off. I had hoped we'd start 2-0 because the schedule looked favorable but unders.

I like the guy - though it's mostly a gut feeling (which could be gas).

Boy I guess the theme for today is "dig up old posts and make people eat crow" day  :doh:

150427[/snapback]

with a little hot sauce crow ain't so bad