How's Mularkey lookin'?

With a team that has HALF the talent we do. Coaching is HUGE in this league.

And yet, TD seems to believe a rookie HC can get the job done.

They blew that game bigtime. Poor execution, no discipline. Now look at the Giants. Playing tight football, no big mistakes. Where's the accountability? This team will lose next week and perhaps the following week as well.

What a joke. When you can't even get excited for gameday because youKNOW they're gonna lose, you've become the Bengals.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With a team that has HALF the talent we do. Coaching is HUGE in this league.

And yet, TD seems to believe  a rookie HC can get the job done.

They blew that game bigtime. Poor execution, no discipline. Now look at the Giants. Playing tight football, no big mistakes. Where's the accountability? This team will lose next week and perhaps the following week as well.

What a joke. When you can't even get excited for gameday because youKNOW they're gonna lose, you've become the Bengals.

58570[/snapback]

Oh, don't I just love these meaningless throw-away comparisons as if they actually indicate something meaningful.

First, the Gints 3 wins have come against opponents with a combined record of 4-8, not one of which has a winning record.

The only team they have played with a winning record they got their asses handed to them.

The Bills three losses have been to teams with a combined record of 8-3.

Secondly, your assessment that the Gints have half the talent the Bills do is based on what??

Please, save the meaningless comparisons until the end of the season, when they might actually have some statistical significance.

Oh, don't I just love these meaningless throw-away comparisons as if they actually indicate something meaningful.

First, the Gints 3 wins have come against opponents with a combined record of 4-8, not one of which has a winning record.

The only team they have played with a winning record they got their asses handed to them.

Secondly, your assessment that the Gints have half the talent the Bills do is based on what??

Please, save the meaningless comparisons until the end of the season, when they might actually have some statistical significance.

58595[/snapback]

OK smart guy...you see us winning this week? How about the week after that or the week after that?

Didn't think so. So how can you assume the team's headed in the right direction?

58595[/snapback]

Another point:

Good teams beat their quality opponents. Argue that.

OK smart guy...you see us winning this week? How about the week after that or the week after that?

Didn't think so. So how can you assume the team's headed in the right direction?

58600[/snapback]

First of all, the answer is YES! So your assumption as to my answer was incorrect. And yes I DO think this team is headed in the right direction.

But more importantly, my answer to that questions is irrelevant to the point I made above. There is absolutely NO evidence based on the Giant's start or the Bills' start that even mildly indicates that Coughlin would have had us in any better position at this point. Talk about your mental masturbation! :w00t:

Another point:

Good teams beat their quality opponents. Argue that.

58612[/snapback]

Again, an irrelevant statement per my original point. The Giants have not done so either. They are just fortunate to have not played but one so far, and they got whipped.

You made it sound like the Giants were 3-1 because of Coughlin, and thus intimated that record proves somehow that we would have had a better record had we only hired Coughlin. My point was and still is that you can't derive that from their current records.

I also pointed out that your assessment of the Giant's talent being half of that of the Bills was meaningless subjective opinion without any basis in reality. Sure, such hyperbole is great for trying to reinforce an otherwise unsupportable syllogism, but anyone with half a brain can see through that for what it is.

Again, an irrelevant statement per my original point.  The Giants have not done so either.  They are just fortunate to have not played but one so far, and they got whipped.

You made it sound like the Giants were 3-1 because of Coughlin, and thus intimated that proves somehow that we would have been have had a better record had we only hired Coughlin.  My point was and stiull is that you can't derive that from the current records.

I also pointed out that your assessment of the Giant's talent being half of that of the Bills was meaningless subjective opinion without any basis in reality.  Sure, such hyperbole is great for trying to reinforce an otherwise unsupportable syllogism, but anyone with half a brain can see thorugh that for what it is.

58621[/snapback]

wow, did ya bust out the thesaurus for that one? the Giants last year were considered to have the WORST Ol in the NFL. I'll guarantee you it ain't the worst this year.

The Giants have won at least one divisional game. Important, aren't they?

I'm glad you think the Bills will take the Jets ON THE ROAD in the division. That's a bit nuts, IMO, but hey, it's your right to be wrong.

:w00t:

the Giants last year were considered to have the WORST Ol in the NFL. I'll guarantee you it ain't the worst this year.

58627[/snapback]

Thank you for supporting my point, they do not have half the talent of the Bills.

The Giants have won at least one divisional game. Important, aren't they?

58627[/snapback]

Yup, and fortunately for them it came against the Redskins, not the Superbowl champs! :w00t:

I'm glad you think the Bills will take the Jets ON THE ROAD in the division. That's a bit nuts, IMO, but hey, it's your right to be wrong.

;)

58627[/snapback]

I believe I have a right to be optimistic!

first- whassup JSP. Haven't seen you here for a while now....

Second- ignoring most of this thread, the point that coaching is huge in terms of wins and losses is valid. Just ask a Cowboy fans if Parcells makes a difference. Or a Patriot fan if he thinks Belicheck makes a difference. JSP's point is that perhaps the Bills would be slightly better if, say Fassell or Coughlin or Denny Green were hired here. I happen to agree with him. The Bills probably would be better now with one of those guys, but Mularkey might be the best guy for Buffalo in the long term. All three of the coaches I mentioned have a way of wearing out their welcome and are gone in 3 years. Maybe Ralph and Tom are thinking that the Bills need a guy who can turn this team around and stay for the next 10 years like a Cowher, or a Levy. Maybe Mularkey is that guy. I dont know. I like Mularkey and dont think the teams losses are directly his fault. But I sure dont want to hire a guy who will only be here for 2-3 years and then be gone. I would rather a guy who can be here and develope with a core group of players like JP, Willis, Evans and the future STARS of the Buffalo Bills...Imagine looking for ANOTHER new coach in 2 years who will bring in another new system?????

first- whassup JSP. Haven't seen you here for a while now....

Second- ignoring most of this thread, the point that coaching is huge in terms of wins and losses is valid. Just ask a Cowboy fans if Parcells makes a difference. Or a Patriot fan if he thinks Belicheck makes a difference. JSP's point is that perhaps the Bills would be slightly better if, say Fassell or Coughlin or Denny Green were hired here.

58650[/snapback]

I am well-aware of what his point was. And notwithstanding your reiteration of it, the fact that the Giants are 3-1 playing who they played and that the Bills are 0-3 playing who they played simply does not support this point, as he tried to do.

I happen to agree with him. The Bills probably would be better now with one of those guys,

58650[/snapback]

Good for you! But there is simply nothing to support the point other than your subjective belief in it. Would Clements have knocked down the pass against Jax just because one of those guys was coaching? Would the refs have called the game better in Oakland because it was one of those guys instead? Would Greer not been offsides on the FGA because theyw ere coaching? All pure speculation. Any one of those guys could just as easily be 0-3 with this team as Mularkey.

Maybe not Bob. But would a veteran coach have gotten more out of our team? Have them more disciplined so the Special teams Penalties against the Raiders didnt happen? Would an experienced coach challenge the Henry non-touchdown in the same game? Maybe an experienced coach would have been able to get the guys to execute better in the red zone against the Jags so that last second catch didnt matter. Maybe he would have them NOT call a qb rollout with a guy like Bledsoe so we have a chance to force overtime against the Pats. Thats an awful lot of MAYBE's. But with a rookie Head Coach learning on the job, fans are going to wonder, what if?

We can play this game all night and not decide anything. So whats the Point. You cant Prove the Bills would be any better against the Giants foes anymore than I can say what the Giants would be against the Bills foes.

This board is just about opinions. Yours and mine matter the same to the guys at One Bills Drive.......jack stevestojan.... :w00t: