JP Losman

Mikie2times

So many on here just want to cut, or demote Losman. IMO last weeks game against the Lions was a microcosm of the entire situation. I was at the game; he had very few open options in the passing game. You couldn't see that on TV. He made some plays, a highlight one to Parrish. He made some mistakes by throwing a bad INT. I judged his performance as decent considering all the variables. Just not yet good enough to sell me.

What keeps me patient with JP is what you would have to admit if you want him benched or cut. You would be saying we can find a QB that can win with an average to below average supporting cast, now, or by 2007. Who's that guy? Nail, a FA, a draft pick? Consider how unlikely it is we can find a QB that can win in this situation from those choices by 2007. Marv doesn't overreact to fan pressure, and considers the long term effects of a move. You can choose to not support JP, but unless a QB falls in our lap he will be a starter in 2007. Given that I'll choose to support him as the starting QB of my team.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J.P. Losman should NOT be cut or demoted..... until the end of the season.

We need to give the guy the entire season like we said we would. Otherwise we're no better off than we were when Mularkey was playing musical QB's. Even if it means we lose every game from here on out.

If you pull him now, he's done. That's it. We'd be washing our hands of him. I don't know that we should do that in the middle of a season. Let's ride this one out like we said we would.

....... then draft Brady Quinn :angry:

Who may or may not work out. But we will have to spend at least 2 years to find out, which costs us a total of 4 years waiting for QB's to develop.

813056[/snapback]

So what's your point here?

Maybe Quinn or another QB can play. We know Losman can't. Which is the real point. :angry:

Who may or may not work out. But we will have to spend at least 2 years to find out, which costs us a total of 4 years waiting for QB's to develop.

813056[/snapback]

So what do you suggest then?

We continue to ride it out with Losman and hope that he gets better? I don't think it's going to happen. Like it or not, we need a new QB. It'll take time but we have no choice.

So what do you suggest then?

We continue to ride it out with Losman and hope that he gets better? I don't think it's going to happen. Like it or not, we need a new QB. It'll take time but we have no choice.

813073[/snapback]

Your right, Marv sounds like a guy who will yank a heavily invested player, with less then a year and a half of games, for a player with no experience, or a FA that may or may not exist.

Your right, Marv sounds like a guy who will yank a heavily invested player, with less then a year and a half of games, for a player with no experience, or a FA that may or may not exist.

813079[/snapback]

Yeah, a heavily invested player who had a half a season last year and a full one this year. There comes a point where you have to cut your losses. Do we want to look like the Lions who held on to Joey Harrington for too long?

Listen, i'm not saying that we should demote or cut him now. If he can pull it out and show something in the last half of the season that would be great! But he's not showing me anything lately besides the fact that he's a walking turnover and someone who can't win games for us. You can't win in the NFL without a good QB. Losman is proving he's not the guy.

So to answer your question, yes. I would rather go with another rookie who could be the guy then stick with one who just plain isn't and hoping for the best. This is a "win now" league and in case you haven't noticed, we're not winning! We're actually getting worse.

Please go somewhere else with your apologist attitude. You're trying to convince a lot of people and the fact that you can't really do it and that you're pretty alone in this should tell you something.

813056[/snapback]

I'll seriously consider cutting ties with the Bills if they draft another QB (using a high pick) next spring.

The Bills are football incompetent in every aspect of the game right now. Waste a first round pick on a QB (Quinn?) and he'll suck approximately as much as Losman. We don't have an offensive line, we don't have a FB, we have one OK TE (maybe), and we have one and a half wide receivers I feel good about (Evans and Parrish).

If we don't improve the entire rest of the offense, no quarterback is going to come here and do well.

The only way the Bills are ever going to have a pro bowl QB on this team again is if they develop one. Very few great QBs are free agents or are traded, and there's no way a star QB will actually want to come to Buffalo if he has other options.

There are so many problems with the offense right now, we can't afford to drop a first or second round pick on a QB. Next year our starting QB is Losman, Nall, or some other cast-off. And I think I'm OK with that if we help the team elsewhere.

I'll seriously consider cutting ties with the Bills if they draft another QB (using a high pick) next spring. 

The Bills are football incompetent in every aspect of the game right now.  Waste a first round pick on a QB (Quinn?) and he'll suck approximately as much as Losman.  We don't have an offensive line, we don't have a FB, we have one OK TE (maybe), and we have one and a half wide receivers I feel good about (Evans and Parrish).

If we don't improve the entire rest of the offense, no quarterback is going to come here and do well. 

The only way the Bills are ever going to have a pro bowl QB on this team again is if they develop one.  Very few great QBs are free agents or are traded, and there's no way a star QB will actually want to come to Buffalo if he has other options.

There are so many problems with the offense right now, we can't afford to drop a first or second round pick on a QB.  Next year our starting QB is Losman, Nall, or some other cast-off.  And I think I'm OK with that if we help the team elsewhere.

813100[/snapback]

Amen. picking another QB high in the draft, shows a complete and total lack of knowledge regarding what's wrong with this team.

The Bills are football incompetent in every aspect of the game right now.  Waste a first round pick on a QB (Quinn?) and he'll suck approximately as much as Losman.  We don't have an offensive line, we don't have a FB, we have one OK TE (maybe), and we have one and a half wide receivers I feel good about (Evans and Parrish).

The only way the Bills are ever going to have a pro bowl QB on this team again is if they develop one.  Very few great QBs are free agents or are traded, and there's no way a star QB will actually want to come to Buffalo if he has other options.

There are so many problems with the offense right now, we can't afford to drop a first or second round pick on a QB.  Next year our starting QB is Losman, Nall, or some other cast-off.  And I think I'm OK with that if we help the team elsewhere.

813100[/snapback]

Amen. picking another QB high in the draft, shows a complete and total lack of knowledge regarding what's wrong with this team.

813100[/snapback]

Agree, good post

Correct Dan and SilverNRed. I just want the coaches to send a message that you better hold on to the damn ball. I'm not saying cut JP, but a little "sit your ass down and think about what you need to do to hold on to the ball" message could be in order.

Correct Dan and SilverNRed. I just want the coaches to send a message that  you better hold on to the damn ball. I'm not saying cut JP, but a little "sit your ass down and think about what you need to do to hold on to the ball" message could be in order.

813133[/snapback]

Isn't that what we all ripped Mularkey for doing? Look this is supposed to be his year to see what we have and what we don't have, pulling him after 7 games isn't going to help. In all of the losses this year you aren't going to convince me that Holcomb and Nall(Two guys who couldn't beat him out for the starting job) would have made a difference. He's the best we got, let him play this year out and if he progresses he's our guy if not we look elsewhere, pulling him just puts us another year back

We should have drafted Leinart.  He's looking GREAT against the Raiders.

Funny how all we heard all week how he is the new "God of QB's". Might be a little different this week. :doh:

^ Exactly.

The Bills owe it to Losman and themselves to let him play out the season. But at the end of this season, you have to evaluate how he played his entire Bills career and whether or not you think he can improve. Either way, I feel at the end of this season the team has to decide whether Losman is the answer or not.

We're not winning folks. Plain and simple. Yes, you can argue the line. But a good QB finds ways to score and win. Losman isn't doing that and he's getting worse. As a result, so are the Bills. Last year he was pretty much a bad QB. This year, he started out serviceable; but has gotten progressively worse.

I think next year will be the REAL rebuilding year. Whether J.P. is at the helm or not we'll have to wait and see. But as of now he's not and to argue that he should be kept on for the simple reason that you don't want to start over with a new QB is retarded.

If it's not J.P. we're going to have to start over sooner or later. Why delay the process?

Listen, i'm not saying that we should demote or cut him now. If he can pull it out and show something in the last half of the season that would be great! But he's not showing me anything lately besides the fact that he's a walking turnover and someone who can't win games for us. You can't win in the NFL without a good QB. Losman is proving he's not the guy.

813094[/snapback]

NOBODY could play behind our non-blocking err.......non-existant o-line. :doh:

Hope so.

813203[/snapback]

Yeah, Brady Quinn will look AWESOME here if we use our first round pick to get him.

He'll have:

no offensive line

one good wide receiver (Evans)

no fullback

a good RB who can't pick up the blitz

no tight end

And when Quinn isn't taking snaps, his defense will be busy not creating turnovers and being unable to defend running plays and passing plays.

But, right, Losman is the reason the Bills suck right now. We should really look at drafting another QB.

:doh::doh:<_<

Hope so.

813203[/snapback]

If Losman isn't the answer, then Brady Quinn would be the guy i'd want Buffalo to go after. He plays in a very pro style offense under Charlie Weiss. He seems NFL ready and is no stranger to high profile football. Plus, he seems to be a real leader and has all the attributes of a QB that you can't teach. Arguably, that's Losman's main problem.

Another interesting prospect would be to try and either outbid or deal with Atlanta for Matt Schaub. He's been called the best backup in football. He's a guy who has shown TREMENDOUS ability when called upon. He's also the same age as Losman and has been grooming for years now.

But I really hope that Losman pulls it together. It wouldn't get any easier than that. But my gut tells me it's not going to happen.

The personnel is not the same, however......both o-lines sucked/suck.

813223[/snapback]

Again other then those two what's different? It is the same line. Are you saying those two were a downgrade? Otherwise it has to be a better line. Plus we have that great Oline coach Mcnally teaching an even better bunch then last year.

Another interesting prospect would be to try and either outbid or deal with Atlanta for Matt Schaub. He's been called the best backup in football. He's a guy who has shown TREMENDOUS ability when called upon. He's also the same age as Losman and has been grooming for years now.

813219[/snapback]

Matt Schaub didn't play all that well when he got his shot after Mike Vick got hurt a few years back.

If Losman plays the rest of the season like he's played the last three games, then he's not the starter next year and not a Buffalo Bill either. In that event, I'd be willing to let Holcomb (or another OK QB like Holcomb) be the starter next season. That way, we spend our draft picks and free agent money addressing all of the other problems this team is saddled with. Holcomb could be the caretaker until this is a team that a QB might actually want to play for.

Then we might actually have a good situation for drafting another young QB. No point in doing it for next season.

Again other then those two what's different?  It is the same line.  Are you saying those two were a downgrade?  Otherwise it has to be a better line.  Plus we have that great Oline coach Mcnally teaching an even better bunch then last year.

813227[/snapback]

Don't !@#$ with me. I'm in a pissy mood. :doh: