Tomorrow's Game

Frez

Oh... I think there should be one of these in between the s and w:

'

Just tryin' to lighten the mood... :lol:  :(

Just look how the Irish handle wakes...  That is exactly how it will be at the Ralph...

;)

811905[/snapback]

SOB! :blink:

I expect the Bills to get beat by at least 2 td's...as much as I think the Bills want to win, I just don't see us beating New England. Them coming off a bye week and our sh------- oline already banged up...it's gonna suck but i'll be there to watch at 10am baby!!

Let's Go BUFFALO!

I expect the Bills to get beat by at least 2 td's...as much as I think the Bills want to win, I just don't see us beating New England. Them coming off a bye week and our sh------- oline already banged up...it's gonna suck but i'll be there to watch at 10am baby!!

Let's Go BUFFALO!

811917[/snapback]

I feel foolishly optimistic. I say we win by 9.

I feel foolishly optimistic. I say we win by 9.

811918[/snapback]

That is very foolish but i hope you're right.

I'll see NE has a record rushing day against our defense. Let's say 273 yards rushing and 4td's. I just have a feeling they will totally smoke us tomorrow.

We've already seen this game. The lines were competitive, there were plenty of three and outs for the D... it was an encouraging day. Now we get to see it up close and in person -- if that means anything, BILLS WIN !

Just look how the Irish handle wakes...  That is exactly how it will be at the Ralph...

:blink:

811905[/snapback]

I think that I am the last of that Irish generation that enjoyed wakes. The Irish I talk to now either have gone completely "cool generation", or they are lying to me. The best Irish funeral I ever went to had a dance band at the hall and open bar after, and I had to drive the deceased man's son home as he was too drunk. That funeral even had a group of IRA supporters firing a volley over the grave, with no one to complain, as all of the towns cops and firemen were at the funeral.

Our family contains may folk singers, who sing at funerals, and when the deceased is brought to the cemetery, the mourners sing "troora loora loora", an Irish lullaby to send off the departed to his sleep.

The largest funeral I ever attended was my fathers, with too may mourners to fit into the church, we served over 800 people at the meal after his funeral, and both banks in the small town he lived in closed for the morning of the funeral. This was for a man of great accomplishments, but only an 8th grade education. I expect that my wife and children will show up for my funeral, but they will have to hire pall bearers.

I think that I am the last of that Irish generation that enjoyed wakes.  The Irish I talk to now either have gone completely "cool generation", or they are lying to me.  The best Irish funeral I ever went to had a dance band at the hall and open bar after, and I had to drive the deceased man's son home as he was too drunk.  That funeral even had a group of IRA supporters firing a volley over the grave, with no one to complain, as all of the towns cops and firemen were at the funeral.

Our family contains may folk singers, who sing at funerals, and when the deceased is brought to the cemetery, the mourners sing "troora loora loora", an Irish lullaby to send off the departed to his sleep. 

The largest funeral I ever attended was my fathers, with too may mourners to fit into the church, we served over 800 people at the meal after his funeral, and both banks in the small town he lived in closed for the morning of the funeral.  This was for a man of great accomplishments, but only an 8th grade education.  I expect that my wife and children will show up for my funeral, but they will have to hire pall bearers.

812026[/snapback]

I can't say that I've participated in a lot of Irish wakes, nor did I particularly enjoy my Dad's Irish (sort of) wake. The closest I had was a detour off of a business trip last year from Belfast to Ballycastle, in the far north of Ireland. I was able to locate the WWI marker that commemorated my Grandfather's brother, who was KIA with about 4 days to go in that conflict. I guess my bloodline never learned to duck.....

In any case, I'd admonish all who have Irish roots to make the pilgrimage. It's rather silly, chasing ghosts the way I did, but it does close a lot of circles. And it's a friggin' beautiful place, and if you get the right documentation in order, you can still get dual citizenship.