Best hits of all time - Clements

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clements first year, in the pre-season game against the Vikes he put a flattening hit on a WR on a short out, right defensive side. Stood over him. I was on the sidelines at the time and it was definitely a "wow" moment...just waiting for more of the same.

That was definetly flying to the ball and putting your body on the line. Does anyone thinks that maybe Clements is playing not to get injured before his payday. He really is a shell of his former self in every aspect. He used to dance and be in peoples faces, now he is just #22.

Clemens was a rookie at the time I think and most network announcers probably didn't know much about him.

809691[/snapback]

Why are we playing him at CB? Why not let Rocket Roger try his arm out as a QB? He may be a little old, but so are a bunch of QB's.

:P:unsure::doh:

Can someone send Nate ClemenTs this video? and a copy to Marv and Ralph for contract negotiation purposes?

The best hit I ever saw Clements make was in College @ Ohio State. OSU was playing Fresno State. The Wide Receiver for FS was Rodney Wright. He was later picked up by the Bills in the NFL. Clements hit him so hard that when Wright got up he vomited all over the field. About on quater later, Wright caught a slant in and Clements nailed him again. Wright vomited right through his face mask. I was at the game that day and when I came home, I watched the tape to see if it actually happened that way. It sure did. I'm not sure if Wright had the flu that day or what, but Clements massive hits caused him to lose his cookies twice in one half.

The best hit I ever saw Clements make was in College @ Ohio State.  OSU was playing Fresno State.  The Wide Receiver for FS was Rodney Wright.  He was later picked up by the Bills in the NFL.  Clements hit him so hard that when Wright got up he vomited all over the field.  About on quater later, Wright caught a slant in and Clements nailed him again.  Wright vomited right through his face mask.  I was at the game that day and when I came home, I watched the tape to see if it actually happened that way.  It sure did.  I'm not sure if Wright had the flu that day or what, but Clements massive hits caused him to lose his cookies twice in one half.

810015[/snapback]

Cool story...

What happened to that nate clements? The one who played with reckless abandon and simply made plays. The guy who at miami in 2003, ran all the way across the field to pick off a pass intended for chris chambers who was being covered by winfield? The guy with 8 forced fumble 18 interceptions and 6 tds 4 int 2 punt return in his first 4 years? It would be nice to have back the guy many considered to be a top 5 cb. The current version is no where near that guy, and I'm as big of a clements fan as it gets, but watching the 05/06 version of Nate is disturbing. Still though the thought of losing him and having terrence mcgee as our #1 is even more disturbing.

That was definetly flying to the ball and putting your body on the line.  Does anyone thinks that maybe Clements is playing not to get injured before his payday.  He really is a shell of his former self in every aspect.  He used to dance and be in peoples faces, now he is just #22.

809803[/snapback]

Bingo!