Best hits of all time - Clements

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the thing.

The hit was Phil Hansen hitting Tom Brady. Hansen launched himself into him while Brady was scrambling.

809668[/snapback]

It was Clemens who lit him up. I remember being dumbfounded that Brady got right up, got his hat and walked off like it was nothing. One of the biggest bombs I've ever seen a DB drop on a QB and it was definitely Nate and not Hansen.

It was Clemens who lit him up. I remember being dumbfounded that Brady got right up, got his hat and walked off like it was nothing. One of the biggest bombs I've ever seen a DB drop on a QB and it was definitely Nate and not Hansen.

809686[/snapback]

I don't know what I was thinking then! It must have been the elation of the Mets just winning.

I COULD HAVE SWORN the announcer said Hansen.

Oh well...Sorry!

I COULD HAVE SWORN the announcer said Hansen.

He might have. Clemens was a rookie at the time I think and most network announcers probably didn't know much about him. Plus the hit was so fierce it looked more like something that would have come from a bigboy like Hansen instead of a rookie DB. And if I remember correctly Brady was moving to his right just outside the hashes and near the LOS so he was sort of strolling around in Hansen's neighborhood.

He might have. Clemens was a rookie at the time I think and most network announcers probably didn't know much about him. Plus the hit was so fierce it looked more like something that would have come from a bigboy like Hansen instead of a rookie DB. And if I remember correctly Brady was moving to his right just outside the hashes and near the LOS so he was sort of strolling around in Hansen's neighborhood.

809691[/snapback]

That's what I remember of Nate. The ferocious hitter that everyone was afraid to come near. What the heck happened? I haven't seen a big hit from him in I don't know how long.

That's what I remember of Nate. The ferocious hitter that everyone was afraid to come near. What the heck happened? I haven't seen a big hit from him in I don't know how long.

809694[/snapback]

I honestly think he watched Antoine for to long. Winfield is arguably the most efficient pound for pound tackler of all time. It's just that his style can lead to a ton of missed tackles if the technique isn't flawless. Nate tries to ankle tackle everybody with his face mask pointing at the ground.

Too bad that Clements guys doesn't play for us anymore........

Sure we have an over-hyped, overpaid CB with the same name and number, but that guy in the video dissapeared a couple of years ago.

For the first 2-3 years of his career, I really thought we had a franchise CB. Now all we have is an average CB with the franchise tag.

Man, would I wouldn't give for our defense to hit and attack like that again.