A Quick Word About Jonas Jennings

Many have people painted him to be this solid bookend left tackle. You know who you are.

Imo, Jennings is out of position. He is fat, and not terribly athletic. Some great LTs such as Pace, Jones, etc. are able excel with such a gut. Jennings is not.

As hard as it is to get a LT, why did Jennings go in round 3? There HAD to have been a reason. My thinking is that he would have been/was a decent RT. I don't think he has the agility to be a great LT. He is not all that strong either.

The above is bad enough, but his biggest flaw is the fact that he is all too often injured. I question just how serious some of his injuries were, and how motivated he is as a player.

In 05, he will be a ufa and want 30 million or so. TD, because he is a horse's ass and squandered our 1st round pick (perhaps a #1), will be tempted to give him the cash. That said, put me on record as wanting both of these losers out of town!

Next year, we can go with Price and not lose much. We will probably lose 13 games or so, but if TD is gone, perhaps we will still have an early #1.

Jennings wants to join Peerless in Atlanta. I say goodbye to the over-rated injury prone slacker, and good riddance.

Many have people painted him to be this solid bookend left tackle. You know who you are.

Imo, Jennings is out of position. He is fat, and not terribly athletic. Some great LTs such as Pace, Jones, etc. are able excel with such a gut. Jennings is not.

As hard as it is to get a LT, why did Jennings go in round 3? There HAD to have been a reason. My thinking is that he would have been/was a decent RT.  I don't think he has the agility to be a great LT. He is not all that strong either.

The above is bad enough, but his biggest flaw is the fact that he is all too often injured. I question just how serious some of his injuries were, and how motivated he is as a player.

In 05, he will be a ufa and want 30 million or so. TD, because he is a horse's ass and squandered our 1st round pick (perhaps a #1), will be tempted to give him the cash. That said, put me on record as wanting both of these losers out of town!

Next year, we can go with Price and not lose much. We will probably lose 13 games or so, but if TD is gone, perhaps we will still have an early #1.

Jennings wants to join Peerless in Atlanta. I say goodbye to the over-rated injury prone slacker, and good riddance.

58132[/snapback]

Wow, I think you are the first person on here whose posts I just can't stomach anymore......you have become the Jerry Sullivan of TBD.

As hard as it is to get a LT, why did Jennings go in round 3? There HAD to have been a reason. My thinking is that he would have been/was a decent RT.  I don't think he has the agility to be a great LT. He is not all that strong either.

58132[/snapback]

Bill,

While I don't necessarily agree that he is overrated (only because I'm not sure he is rated that high across the league), I do agree that he is simply not good enough to warrant the kind of money he is going to demand, and the kind of money some sucker is going to give him. I also agree, as I have said before, that he is headed to Atlanta the day free agency begins.

And you're right...the guy gets hurt way too much for my liking. I looked at the play that knocked him out of Sunday's game, and I just didn't see anything that doesn't happen to offensive linemen on every play. Maybe he got hit just the right way, I don't know.

Unless he wants to sign a contract for what he's really worth (which I think is the market value for an above average but not great tackle), I say let him walk.

Good, block my posts, and bless us with your pearls of wisdom.

58161[/snapback]

Your posts are always so damn negative and borderline immature and whiney, that I find myself searching out old Stevestojan posts in order to counteract the effects. At least when that guy posts immaturely there is a point to it - humor. Would it kill you to post something positive once in a while? Hell, you actually talk about losing 13 games next season and getting a #1 pick as a GOOD thing.

I'm not going to defend TD anymore to the degree that I have been, but I'll still go on record that many of you who think it's so easy to put together a playoff caliber, successful football team will be regretting your words when TD is gone. The guy is not perfect, but he is aggressive and he is committed to getting our team on the right track. And as for Jonas Jennings, yeah he is injury prone and probably will not deserve the type of money he'll be asking for, even though he'll llikely get it. But Jonas Jennings has done a whole lot more right than he's done wrong.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

This whole Jennings problem could have been taken care of if they chose the right tackle a couple of years ago. Why you ask, because they could have kept Jennings at right tackle where he wouldn't have commanded as much money and most importantly because it was his best position, not the left side were he is nothing more than average. But with half-ass on the right side who is pulling down big cash, obviously can't be put on the left side and they are now in a position where it is gonna be real difficult to overpay for Jennings. I also am not crazy about dumping big money into his injury ass but then I think about what this line will look like and they almost have no other choice. You screwed up again TD and your digging a big hole.

Jennings will be here next year. No one will pay him the money he wants. He's a mediocre LT who tends to get injured a lot. Not even the Falcons are going to overpay for his services. First Peerless, then Jennings? :w00t: Yeah right! And why don't they send us their 1st rounder again while they're at it? You know, just for tradition's sake?

And when did this stupid Jennings to Atlanta rumor start? Was it during that local Atlanta radio show last year where Jonas, the invited guest, was just playing around and being nice to the Atlanta folk? I don't think he really wants to go there. He's also repatedly stated that he would like to stay in Buffalo.

Jennings will be here next year. No one will pay him the money he wants. He's a mediocre LT who tends to get injured a lot. Not even the Falcons are going to overpay for his services. First Peerless, then Jennings?  :w00t:  Yeah right! And why don't they send us their 1st rounder again while they're at it? You know, just for tradition's sake?

And when did this stupid Jennings to Atlanta rumor start? Was it during that local Atlanta radio show last year where Jonas, the invited guest, was just playing around and being nice to the Atlanta folk? I don't think he really wants to go there. He's also repatedly stated that he would like to stay in Buffalo.

58245[/snapback]

I don't ever hear talk about Jonas Jennings coming back down here next year. I think there are two reasons for this: The Bulldogs and the Falcons. They are both undefeated. The idea of making improvements on your team is less often debated when your record is perfect ;)

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

You don't think the Bills left tackle position will be a "percieved need position" if Jennings walks???? Granted he isn't an all-pro like some here like to think he is, but who exactly will be playing this position if he leaves. Don't tell me MW is moving over. At this point he can't even handle the right side. I think Jennings has TD by the balls if he can stay healthy this year.

Buddy The "Wonder Dog" last year heard another player question why Jonas would not play hurt.

58132[/snapback]

What is this "you know who you are" crap?. I mean seriously. As if to imply that you somehow have proven yourself to be correct on your OPINION? Jennings is an above average tackle who plays equally solid run blocking and pass blocking. He has a tendency to get hurt atleast once every season. These things are well known by most people, expert or not.

Jennings will be gone to the highest bidder, make no mistake.  The same would have been true had he stayed at RT, but he'd probably make more there than he will at LT since he'd be a Pro Bowl RT and is just a decent LT who is injury-prone.

58285[/snapback]

With Schobel now in the fold, I would be shocked if they didn't put the franchise tag on Jennings next year. He may leave, but not without some compensation first. Same situation as Peerless, plus we have the cap room to take the hit once we tag him. If someone wants him that bad, we'll get a pick back. If not, we'll negotiate a longer term more cap friendly deal.

With Schobel now in the fold, I would be shocked if they didn't put the franchise tag on Jennings next year.  He may leave, but not without some compensation first.  Same situation as Peerless, plus we have the cap room to take the hit once we tag him.  If someone wants him that bad, we'll get a pick back.  If not, we'll negotiate a longer term more cap friendly deal.

58402[/snapback]

No way is Jennings worth the average of the top-5 tackles. If I'm him, I jump on that 1-year deal and then bolt in FA the following year. And no team will trade for a guy who got franchised at that amount and who has Jenning's history.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Imo Jennings is an adequate left tackle and a solid right tackle. With this line and the lack of quality players and depth, who exactly is gonna play left tackle if they let him leave. I don't think he is worth top-5 money but what are the other options ? Dylan McFarland ? I liked this kid in preseason but he is no way ready next year. A fa pick-up ? Whoever that may be would also be big $$$$. Mikey move over ? Losman had better get that leg healthy because he will be running all afternoon, and Bledsoe will need to be peeled off the carpet.

:w00t:  ;)  :D  :lol:  ;)  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

58183[/snapback]

He don't know us vewwy well...Oh well...

For one thing, Jennings telegraphs every other friggen attempt at a play action-should be a running play. O-lineman sell a PA play. You block beneath the pads on a running play. You go higher on a pass. When you lift into a pass block, everyone keys, they might not see it, but a good D yells it. The league has caught this. They watch JJ. It's a signal. Just one half of a second glance tells the play. Travis running towards West Virginia doesn't help, either. Run to set up the pass? You gotta sell it.

Whatever. Everyone sing a song. The bleeding don't stop till someone has no blood. time to win on attitude. They aren't going to do it on fundamentals.