Thank god for the Bears pulling that victory out

bluv

If the Cards stick to the game plan and not get conservative after the sack/fumble/TD... ML wins it... Plain and simple...

Did they not move the ball to get into a last ditch FG attempt?...

The sad part about is that he is in the Cards org... What a waste of a good QB...

Jim Hart

Neil Lomax

Jake Plummer...

Now the undoing of Matt Leinart...

What a sad, sad franchise... Gosh, they are the OLDEST (even beat the Bears and the Packers by a year!)... And what do they have to show? Since 1920 they are 3-8 in the postseason, with one NFL championship in 1947...

Close the roof and turn it into a Pizza Stop!

:P:doh::doh:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Cards stick to the game plan and not get conservative after the sack/fumble/TD... ML wins it... Plain and simple...

The sad part about is that he is in the Cards org...  What a waste of a good QB...

Jim Hart

Neil Lomax

Jake Plummer...

What a sad, sad franchise... Gosh, they are the OLDEST (even beat the Bears and the Packers by a year!)... And what do they have to show?  Since 1920 they are 3-8 in the postseason, with one NFL championship in 1947...

:P  :doh:  :doh:

807959[/snapback]

On screen stat said their last winning season was 1985...coincidentally, when last night's victor won the Super Bowl

Personally, I don't care much about Leinart because he's not on our team.

807658[/snapback]

Exactly.....I could go ahead and dream of a team that has Orlando Pace and Walter Jones as my tackle, Wayne Gandy and Alan faneca etc

Have Steve Smith and Torry Holt as my WRs and Gates as my TE.........

The reality is that Losman is my teams QB, McGahee is my teams RB,

Lee Evans is my teams WR.....

Be happy of what you have, don't vent at what you don't have....

The sad part about is that he is in the Cards org...  What a waste of a good QB...

Jim Hart

Neil Lomax

Jake Plummer...

What a sad, sad franchise... Gosh, they are the OLDEST (even beat the Bears and the Packers by a year!)... And what do they have to show?  Since 1920 they are 3-8 in the postseason, with one NFL championship in 1947...

807959[/snapback]

I remember their very good mid-70's teams when Don Coryell coached them...Hart, Dobler, Dierdorf, Roger Wherli, Mel Gray, Jim Otis, Terry Metcalf etc.

Coryell of course went on to work his magic with the Dan Fouts SD Chargers.

Members of suicide pools are not thanking God that the Bears won (unless you were dumb enough to pick against the home team on MNF.)  In the pool I'm in, about 75 people out of 600 would've gotten burnt by the Bears last night.  Damn you Rackers!!!!

807943[/snapback]

Yeah, there is no justice in suicide pools for punishing stupidity. Damn you Greg Williams. :P

"Coryell of course went on to work his magic with the Dan Fouts SD Chargers'

my memories of Coryell will always be him running up and down the sidelines screaming "PASSSSS PASSSSS"

Truth is his teams had great passing stats but never succeeded in the playoffs. You live by the pass, you die by the pass"

Ground game and defense wins championships.

Jim Hart

Neil Lomax

Jake Plummer...

807959[/snapback]

To me we are not far ahead of the Cardinarls as we are still considered laughing stocks of the league as well and the only way to change that is by winning. I mean look athe Cardinals skill positions and look at ours and you would say the same thing: those teams win more than they do! Then you think of all the quick fixes that could help but honestly never happen but each year we hold out HOPE each offseason that change is coming! But now, as usual the past 7 seasons all I have to look forward for is WHAT IFs; what if they had won a couple of those close games they lost early in the season or WHAT IF we pick up this free agent or draft or WHAT IF we make the playoffs...Playoffs;...PLAYOFFS....DISTANT MEMORIES! But I still keep HOPE and WHAT IF and just can't turn away!

Watching that Cardinals game it seemed like a game the Bills would always find a way to lose or at least make it close and scare their fans unnecessarily. That is why I NEVER turn away from a Bills game until the final whistle blows and I always watch the ENTIRE GAME FIRSTHAND for I don't want to rely on replays and the poor coverage Buffalo gets. In both our wins we allowed the teams to score late to put a scare in our hearts. Look no further than Week 1. That was a game we dominated and should have won but we let the Pats off the hook. If you just watched the replays you don't get the feel for the way we dominated that game or the controversial calls. In fact if you just watched the highlights you'd think we lost on a last minute safety!

Good post. I agree escpecially with the Edge and McGahee comparison. I agree that Fairchild's play calling hasn't been perfect this year. We need more short pass routes over the middle and three step drops.

807927[/snapback]

If we involved the TE's and RB's more and allowed the WR's more opportunities to get RAC yard then maybe we could either get that extra score or keep our D on the sideline. And since most of our losses have been by one score, subtle, small changes and adjustment could be the differences between WINNING and LOSING!

Hilarious...I said the SAME thing to my Bears fan roommate last night while we were watching the game.  I was pulling for the Bears simply so that I didn't have to hear the "we should've drafted Leinart" BS...

Granted, he's had a couple of good starts, but there's such a thing called conditional success.  Whats working in AZ for Leinart might not work in Buffalo, and frankly, we can beat that horse to death, but damnit, we've got JP and the draft isn't for another 6 months, so we're sticking to our guns.

807948[/snapback]

I started to check our board last night after the game but it was getting too late. I had visions of seeing numerous WEEK LONG post after post of how JP sucks and Leinart is god. But since they lost we only had 1 or 2 such post (one was 10 pages long though!) and they wouldn't last past today (hopefully!)

I thought Leinart was OK, but it was the Cards defense and inept Bears O that made the difference. Leinart's 2 TD passes were both 2 yard hitches, followed by the WRs making great runs and breaking tackles to score. He didn't throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field all day, and a lot of his gains were check downs, with the RB or WR making a play and breaking a tackle. Plus, chicago gave the cards VERY short fields to work with with SIX turnovers!

2nd half Leinart was a pretty poor 11 for 24 for 107 yds and a fumble. Plus this was a home game, playing on the road is much different.

That said, it looks like Leinart has a chance to be a pretty good QB, but those blowing him already -- you are a little premature.

I thought Leinart was OK, but it was the Cards defense and inept Bears O that made the difference.  Leinart's 2 TD passes were both 2 yard hitches, followed by the WRs making great runs and breaking tackles to score.  He didn't throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field all day, and a lot of his gains were check downs, with the RB or WR making a play and breaking a tackle.  Plus, chicago gave the cards VERY short fields to work with with SIX turnovers!

2nd half Leinart was a pretty poor 11 for 24 for 107 yds and a fumble.  Plus this was a home game, playing on the road is much different.

That said, it looks like Leinart has a chance to be a pretty good QB, but those blowing him already -- you are a little premature.

808084[/snapback]

Exactly. To claim that Leinart is SO GREAT; so much BETTER than JP based off last night's game is LUDICRIOUS! While he wasn't bad he wasn't that impressive either. Like I stated earlier if the Bills and JP had an exact game; stats and everything, those same Leinart b@llwashers and JP critics would be bashing JP unmercifully as he didn't close the door and finish the game and how he played awful in the 2nd half. The only reason why they wouldn't would be because they would be too busy bashing Willis for fumbling the game away and averaging under 2 yards a carry!

Well, most of JPs fumbles "weren't his fault".

Also, I suggest you look at the scoreboard. Apparently Leinart didn't play well enough to win, because he didn't.

I don't think the outcome of the game is relevant here. Leinart played well. Well enough to win against one of the toughest defense I've seen in years. Yes, he did fumble the ball that resulted in a touchdown for the Bears, but that wasn't Matt's fault.

The truth is Matt Leinart is a rookie, in only his second career start, who held out a good portion of training camp, and still showed more QB poise than JP has ever shown.

807609[/snapback]

To me we are not far ahead of the Cardinarls as we are still considered laughing stocks of the league as well and the only way to change that is by winning. I mean look athe Cardinals skill positions and look at ours and you would say the same thing: those teams win more than they do! Then you think of all the quick fixes that could help but honestly never happen but each year we hold out HOPE each offseason that change is coming! But now, as usual the past 7 seasons all I have to look forward for is WHAT IFs; what if they had won a couple of those close games they lost early in the season or WHAT IF we pick up this free agent or draft or WHAT IF we make the playoffs...Playoffs;...PLAYOFFS....DISTANT MEMORIES! But I still keep HOPE and WHAT IF and just can't turn away!

Watching that Cardinals game it seemed like a game the Bills would always find a way to lose or at least make it close and scare their fans unnecessarily. That is why I NEVER turn away from a Bills game until the final whistle blows and I always watch the ENTIRE GAME FIRSTHAND for I don't want to rely on replays and the poor coverage Buffalo gets. In both our wins we allowed the teams to score late to put a scare in our hearts. Look no further than Week 1. That was a game we dominated and should have won but we let the Pats off the hook. If you just watched the replays you don't get the feel for the way we dominated that game or the controversial calls. In fact if you just watched the highlights you'd think we lost on a last minute safety!

808054[/snapback]

I do hear ya... But... The Bills are light years ahead!!! Believe me!!! :doh:;)

The Cards have been playing since 1920!... 19 freakin' 20! and all they have is 11 playoff games (and an 3-8 record to show) and one insig title right (2 years) after the war... Were they still fielding war teams in 1947???

For a whole decade the Bills rank up there with the most 10+ wins per season with the elite teams in history... That in 40+ years in existance... Measure that to the cards 80 years...

Heck... In another sport we don't even come close to the futility the Cubs have shown over almost 100 years!

Watching the Bears... I knew they were gonna comeback... They looked like the Bills of the past (1980's-1990's) when you just knew they would comeback... Grant you they would have offensive scores... :P:doh:

In the last 46 years the Bills have been around this last 7 has been the longest drought without a playoff appearance... Yet, they will be good to go in the near future...

The Bills are nowhere near the culture of losing as the Cards or even the Saints...

:D:D

Well, most of JPs fumbles "weren't his fault".

Also, I suggest you look at the scoreboard. Apparently Leinart didn't play well enough to win, because he didn't.

808189[/snapback]

JP will never be a consistent NFL quarterback. He has had plenty of time to at least show some consistency and he has none. Yes, he will make the occasional big play but the problem he makes to many negative plays and by that I am not just referring to int's., fumbles. This is a field position game and he constantly makes negative plays that lose valuable field position. As I have said before good physical skills but way too slow of a decision maker on the field. Say what you want about Leinart e.g. lack of arm strength, slow feet, he is a very quick decision maker.

JP will never be a consistent NFL quarterback.    He has had plenty of time to at least show some consistency and he has none.  Yes,  he will make the occasional big play but the problem he makes to many negative plays and by that I am not just referring to int's.,  fumbles.  This is a field position game and he constantly makes negative plays that lose valuable field position.  As I have said before good physical skills but way too slow of a decision maker on the field.    Say what you want about Leinart e.g. lack of arm strength, slow feet,  he is a very quick decision maker.

808202[/snapback]

And you know JP will NEVER be a consistent NFL QB how? If you didn't notice Sunday, the best drive that the Bills had all day was the one in which JP was taking 3 step drops. That calls for quick decision making, no?

Also, there is one thing that I do know -- having watched Matt Leinart plenty -- there is NO WAY that Leinart ever completes that 44 yard TD pass to Roscoe on the fly as Losman did on Sunday.

JP will never be a consistent NFL quarterback.    He has had plenty of time to at least show some consistency and he has none.  Yes,  he will make the occasional big play but the problem he makes to many negative plays and by that I am not just referring to int's.,  fumbles.  This is a field position game and he constantly makes negative plays that lose valuable field position.  As I have said before good physical skills but way too slow of a decision maker on the field.    Say what you want about Leinart e.g. lack of arm strength, slow feet,  he is a very quick decision maker.

808202[/snapback]

So after 15 starts, a trait that most QBs get better with over time, you have the ability to see now that he will never obtain it? But you can see Leinart being better when his flaws are those that he can never improve on? Like I said earlier lets see Leinart play more than 2 games and throw the ball over 10 yards before hailing him better than JP.

Thats Bull sh--.

Leinart lead his offense down the field and put them in perfect position to win the game.

When has Losman EVER done that?

808203[/snapback]

But he sucked from the 1st quarter on once the Bears realized he couldn't throw the ball over 10 yards. And he only moved the ball agin once the Bears went to prevent. This is my problem with those who bash JP: it is those who say that he can't or will never improve after playing only 15 games. Those same fools said that he would never be an accurate QB. So now that he has a 60% completion rate now it is that he can't be consistent or he can't put his team in position to win. Give him time; you act like he is a 10 year plus veteran like Bledsoe who still makes the same rookie mistakes and he is what he is. This is just his 2nd year as a starter and he has made strides to be better. Even with his play now if we had the Bills Defense of 2004 we'd have 4-6 victories right now.