"It"

Mr. T

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remeber watching a Hasselbeck lead Seahawks team playing against the Bills at the Ralph (AVP at the helm) in 2001 and I didn't think he had it then.

I also remember watching Brees with San Diego in 2002 at the Ralph (Flutie played some that game) and he didn't seem to have it.

Some guys have it from the get go, other have to develop it.

807229[/snapback]

I really like the comparison of Brees to JP. I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar progression over the next couple of years, you know? Brees has evolved into a damn good QB.

Some players seem to have "It", while most don't.  Watching Leinert tonight he seems to have that thing simply refered to as "It".  The natural ability to make things happen. 

The first time I watched Jim Kelly play in a Bills uniform it was obvious he had "It".  Joe Montana had "It".  Roger Staubach had "It"

We've been waiting three years for JP to show us something.  We keep waiting, and waiting, and waiting........  If he was asked if had "It" he would probably respond "What's IT?"

This isn't necessarily intended as a slam against JP, as I said most players don't have "It".  But JP so far hasn't shown that he's got much of anything, let alone "It".

Alright, I know this was probably a dumbass post, so flame away.

807101[/snapback]

I totally agree with you. I was thinking the same thing while watching MNF football tonight. You can see IT in Leinart's eyes. Confidence - intensity - and the will to win.

JP does not have "IT"

Jauron does not have "IT"

IT was evident yesterday on the field. The team lack INTENISTY - and reflected the demeanor of the COACH.

Until they show up and play a complete game - I will not be convinced.

BILLS - show up and beat the F@#$ing PATRIOTS.

I totally agree with you.  I was thinking the same thing while watching MNF football tonight.  You can see IT in Leinart's eyes.  Confidence - intensity - and the will to win.

JP does not have "IT"

IT was evident yesterday on the field.  The team lack INTENISTY - and reflected the demeanor of the COACH.

807276[/snapback]

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the human "it" meter

I totally agree with you.  I was thinking the same thing while watching MNF football tonight.  You can see IT in Leinart's eyes.  Confidence - intensity - and the will to win.

JP does not have "IT"

IT was evident yesterday on the field.  The team lack INTENISTY - and reflected the demeanor of the COACH.

807276[/snapback]

When DJ got coach of the year, his team certainly played with INTENSITY....but there you go.

Tell us....which young QBs have IT & which do not?

Does Grossman?

E. Manning?

Roethlisburger?

Young?

Rivers?

Smith?

Carr?

Huard?

Leftwich?

Please, fill us all in on which QBs will be great & which will be busts. I'm sure their teams would love to know too.

JP does not have "IT"

807276[/snapback]

I've watched every snap of this game, and the times when Leinart has "it" tend to correspond to when he's not being pressured. When people are in his face, he makes bad throws, uses bad technique (e.g. throws off his back foot), or gets driven into the turf. I have yet to see him make something out of nothing, which is something I've seen Losman do several times in the few games I've actually been able to see. Leinart cannot throw when he's being flushed from the pocket.

AZ is playing solid defense and their Oline played very well for the first three quarters.

The whole "it" thing is a crock of sh--. "it" amounts to nothing more than winning. There are many things that contribute to winning, to include every member of the team doing their jobs. When someone wins, they have "it", "it's" that simple.

If "It" is having herpes like Leinart has, I'm glad JP doesn't have "it."

By the way, can you tell me when Bradshaw, Aikman, Brees, Gannon, etc. exactly had "it"?  Thanks.

807426[/snapback]

Hey, if it meant Losman having "it" in exchange for winning, would you prefer if he had "it" or not?

The whole "it" thing is a crock of sh--.  "it" amounts to nothing more than winning.  There are many things that contribute to winning, to include every member of the team doing their jobs.  When someone wins, they have "it", "it's" that simple.

807420[/snapback]

I disagree......in a team sport it is harder to tell if someone has 'it' than in individual sports....& also 'it' might take some developmental time.....or 'it' might look like it is their but was partially missing....but 'it'...or 'star quality'.....or 'that something special' is certainly more than simply winning.

The greats look great & elevate those around them just by being there.....not by winning their games(which tends to be a team achievement).

How many superstar players who obviously have 'it' languished for most or all of their careers on crap(losing) teams? Lots.

What's Leinart's record right now?  Exactly.

807449[/snapback]

No it was a seperate question completely. I wasn't saying that i wanted Leinart, I was just asking, would you prefer Ron Mexico on our team and us winning, or a guy who doesn't have "it" and losing.

That's right, i am trying to confuse the hell out of everyone to stop stupid threads like this one by chaning the meaning of "it".

By the way, can you tell me when Bradshaw, Aikman, Brees, Gannon, etc. exactly had "it"?  Thanks.

807426[/snapback]

I remember when I realized that Troy had "it". It was in 1988 in a game against the Cardinals. The Cowboys were of course losing by about 10 late in the game and Troy was trying to bring them back. He hung in the pocket while the rush was on and hit Michael Irvin in full stride on about the 20 on his way in for a TD. Meanwhile, the Defensive lineman cleaned Troy's clock. He had to know the guy was coming in, but held his ground and threw the TD. They carted him off the field and they put in the sub and proceeded to lose. But that told me that he had something that most don't.

The whole "it" thing is a crock of sh--.  "it" amounts to nothing more than winning.  There are many things that contribute to winning, to include every member of the team doing their jobs.  When someone wins, they have "it", "it's" that simple.

807420[/snapback]

I'm not sure I agree with you there, buddy. I watched John Elway play, and I saw him have a lot of 7-9 and 8-8 type seasons. But despite that mediocre win/loss record, it was clear as day Elway had "it."