The loss in Detroit all boils down to...

BoondckCL

Ineffective play by linemen and the Donte Whitner interception. If this was a home game, you bet your ass that would have been over turned. Instead, it allowed for three more points that ultimately decided the game.

Another side note, with something like 13:00 left in the fourth quarter after a Bills player was pushed out of bounds, the clock continued to run and ended up shaving off fourty seconds, that in a game like this were very important fractions of time. Anybody who Tivo'd the game, look back and you will see i am not smoking crack.

Ineffective play by linemen and the Donte Whitner interception. If this was a home game, you bet your ass that would have been over turned. Instead, it allowed for three more points that ultimately decided the game.

806020[/snapback]

I agree with you about the ineffective line play (the DL), but not about the Whitner non-interception. Honestly, I don't think it was a pick. Regardless, as you should well know by now, a play like that will only be overturned unless the replay shows irrefutible evidence that the call on the field was wrong. The replay didn't do that. If it had been called a pick initially, I don't think it would have been overturned either, with a replay. That is just he way it works.

Martz did a hell of a coaching job against us today. He knew that he had three inexperienced O-linemen, so he established the running game first against our weak D-line, which allowed Kitna and Williams to play catch all day. The Bills did not pressure those inexperienced Olinemen at all, and didn't even send an all out blitz against them, more than two or three times. This Dline is not going to beat anybody up. They have to beat the offensive line with speed. They didn't show anything at all today, in the speed or muscle department.

I agree to a point - but I think that the non-int was exactly that... It was too close to call, with that ball moving around all over the place under his body.

I think the loss can be pinned on our inability to stop the run, our inability to block anything and our apparant inability to adjust.

Looking at the replay, the only reason it wasn't overturned was because they need definitive proof that he made the catch. If the ref ruled it a catch and Detroit would have thrown the flag, I doubt it would have been overturned either just because it was too close to call. He had his hands under the ball, even on the ground, but since his hands were still moving when he rolled over and got up, the refs assume he didn't have control

It was too close of a play to call and overturn

If this was a home game, you bet your ass that would have been over turned.

Since when do the Bills get close calls because they're home?

Another side note, with something like 13:00 left in the fourth quarter after a Bills player was pushed out of bounds, the clock continued to run and ended up shaving off fourty seconds, that in a game like this were very important fractions of time.

The clock isn't supposed to stop via out of bounds with 13:00 left.

Another side note, with something like 13:00 left in the fourth quarter after a Bills player was pushed out of bounds, the clock continued to run and ended up shaving off fourty seconds, that in a game like this were very important fractions of time. Anybody who Tivo'd the game, look back and you will see i am not smoking crack.

806020[/snapback]

I remeber that and wondered why the clock kept running too, the weird part is that none on the Bills seemed to notice it