Clements??? How about Toast McGee

Garranimal

I can't believe you people want to sit here and talk about clements like he had an awful game. McGee cost us that game. The Lions offensive strategy was simple to throw to whoever McGee was (or wasn't is more accurate) covering. He has just been plain horrible and any o-coordinator watching any game film on the bills this year will continue to relentlessly challenge McGee until he shows he can cover anyone. That was just embarrassing. I actually thought they might pull him from the game....or so i hoped.

And where was the coaching adjustment to help cover up that problem? Good lord, do something as coaches.

I can't believe you people want to sit here and talk about clements like he had an awful game.  McGee cost us that game. The Lions offensive strategy was simple to throw to whoever McGee was (or wasn't is more accurate) covering.  He has just been plain horrible and any o-coordinator watching any game film on the bills this year will continue to relentlessly challenge McGee until he shows he can cover anyone.  That was just embarrassing. I actually thought they might pull him from the game....or so i hoped.

And where was the coaching adjustment to help cover up that problem?  Good lord, do something as coaches.

805620[/snapback]

I made the thread "our franchise cornerback" not so much on the basis of today's game but an accumulation of the past few years. Mcgee was awful today, got worked big time. The whole defense was fortunate to only give up 20.

I can't believe you people want to sit here and talk about clements like he had an awful game.  McGee cost us that game. The Lions offensive strategy was simple to throw to whoever McGee was (or wasn't is more accurate) covering.  He has just been plain horrible and any o-coordinator watching any game film on the bills this year will continue to relentlessly challenge McGee until he shows he can cover anyone.  That was just embarrassing. I actually thought they might pull him from the game....or so i hoped.

And where was the coaching adjustment to help cover up that problem?  Good lord, do something as coaches.

805620[/snapback]

McGee did not cost us the game. He did not play a good game but let's face it we had no pass rush for most of the game and Ko Simpson was very, very late with deep coverage support. Williams just might be the best WR in the league right now and his size creates a mismatch for most corners.

McGee did not cost us the game.  He did not play a good game but let's face it we had no pass rush for most of the game and Ko Simpson was very, very late with deep coverage support.  Williams just might be the best WR in the league right now and his size creates a mismatch for most corners.

805664[/snapback]

Its funny how every week we play the best "insert position" in the league right now.

McGee got worked harder then an asian intern at a massage parlor. He should be a nickle back in this league, but if we insist on playing him as a starter the dline will have to be seriously upgraded. we have 3 white guys as starters for christ sake. Is it any wonder we dont get a pass rush to help out our secondary? <_<

Amen to that.

Mcgee didn't cost us anything. In fact, we were only in the game because of Mcgee's huge return before the half.

Look at the stats--Roy Williams does this to everyone he plays against.

805744[/snapback]

um ... i hate to break this to you, but this was the greatest game in roy williams' pro career.

We beg and beg year after year, and nothing gets done upfront. Just because Mike Williams didn't work out doesn't mean you have to be gunshy, but even if upfront gets fixed, our corners still could use some help.

805713[/snapback]

no doubt. Lets get it right this offseason- Oline, Dline, more Oline, More Dline, More Oline, More Dline....etc