Third Downs!

DeLuca1967

Good point.

I don't know for sure,  therefore you can call BS.

Just having a basic knowledge of football,  I'd say I'm more right then you.

Hard to throw a hot route,  when there isn't a blitz.

Go watch the tape on Holcomb,  a majority weren't hot reads.

805561[/snapback]

How can you be more right, when I said I don't know? <_< Little defenseive aren't we?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you be more right, when I said I don't know?  ;) Little defenseive aren't we?

805565[/snapback]

Not at all.

You were calling BS, and I was saying my BS argument was more right then your BS "hot receiver, helmet radio transmitting to your house " argument.

Little worried about someone being defenseive, aren't we?

<_<:P:(:)

Losman throws underneath on a regular basis. Look up the numbers. He throws the ball short of the first down marker way more then he does beyond the marker. It's why his 3rd down percentage is high. He throws a four yard completion on 3 and 10.

Once or twice I would say it's the receivers. It happens 5 or 6 times a game.  <_<

805424[/snapback]

All you do is whine. He was under contant preasure and the WR is responsible for getting past the first down marker you dumb A$$. Losman made plays on all of our scoring drives.

Losman throws underneath on a regular basis. Look up the numbers. He throws the ball short of the first down marker way more then he does beyond the marker. It's why his 3rd down percentage is high. He throws a four yard completion on 3 and 10.

Once or twice I would say it's the receivers. It happens 5 or 6 times a game.  <_<

805424[/snapback]

All you do is whine. He was under contant preasure and the WR is responsible for getting past the first down marker you dumb A$$. Losman made plays on all of our scoring drives.

All you do is whine.  He was under contant preasure and the WR is responsible for getting past the first down marker you dumb A$$. Losman made plays on all of our scoring drives.

805686[/snapback]

I forgot that the Bills run a 1 Receiver set on third downs.

If Losamn had as much football sense as many of you have excuses he'd be on his way to the 'Hall of Fame'.

He couldn't get it done against a 0-5 team. I would compare JP to Rob Johnson but Losman has a lot of work to do to step up to that level. Right now he's nothing more than a BillyJoe Hobert.

Rob Johnson 61.3 comp% 7.19 ypa

Losman 54.4 comp% 6.16 ypa

Hobert 52.2 comp% 6.40 ypa

This is troll posting...

I thought JP showed a lot of heart, grit and sensible decision making in that game.  As TMQ will say, it's hard to complete passes when you count one-one thousand and have 3 290lb+ men bearing down on you.

806049[/snapback]

It's no harder now then when Rob Jonhson was doing it? Or Hobert? Or Hocomb?

" sensible decision making" ? I have to remember that so many on these boards have little or no standards.

I thought JP did ok today. Coming into the season I wanted to see two things from him....1) more accuracy and 2) better 3rd down conversion % on his passes. They obviously go hand in hand. I think he has improved. Now i think we all want to see him get better every week. He still needs to go through his progressions quicker and make better decisions but it will come in time. You can't blame JP for everything just like it's not always the O-line or WR's fault either. They all failed at certain points yesterday.

First, what the f did you expect? We are a rebuilding team. We will get blown out in some games, play close in others, and maybe get a win or two against teams we shouldn't beat. That was what we knew going in.

Second...Our lines need work. I thought we'd have addressed that in free agency and the draft, but apparently we haven't (certainly haven't in the offensive line.) Blaming Losman is crazy given the blocking he had. He has his moments, good and bad, but the moments that are his are rare given the pass blocking.

Third...You beat the cover 2 (particularly OUR cover 2) by running between the tackles. If any team in the NFL did not know that yet...they certainly know it now. I suspect we are going to have to make some fancy moves with personnel and particularly linebacking to address this as a stop gap til next season.

I still think we are improving..but yesterday was painful.

" sensible decision making" ? I have to remember that so many on these boards have little or no standards.

806057[/snapback]

Uh huhh............. :(

and were RJ, BJH or KH any more successful?? I think the answer you want is NO. So why tar and feather JP for sins that are not his own? I think at the end of the day, when the OL gets its act together, you'll see that JP has the tools to be a far better QB than the three you mention.

So I say again, I think JP had a decent game given the poor blocking he was provided withm his decisions were sound, and he made gutsy plays when needed.

Once or twice I would say it's the receivers. It happens 5 or 6 times a game.  :(

805424[/snapback]

How about placing some blame on the line?

Lets draft a QB this year and when he sucks b/c of the line lets draft another one.

Hell, lets draft nothing but QB's from here on out.

806057[/snapback]

hahahahahahahahahhaha

give it up

Lee Evans had a really poor outing yesterday. In addition to the routes coming up short on third down, he also rounded off a square-in pattern on the pass that Dre Bly should have picked off. If Lee squares that cut, he gets the pass and the Bills have a first down outside of their twenty, instead of punting from their one yard line.

i was waiting for delucas post today. You had to know it was coming. And, while he may be the Al Sharpton of the message board, he has gotten ample ammunition from the bills the last two games.

JP will continue to get criticized until thing turn in the right direction. The oline was putrid yesterday, causing losman to duck more bad mojo than a congressional page. The game yesterday was brutal to watch. JP made some really nice plays, some poor decisions (the huge sack after kick return was brutal). He also had that Garo Yepremian moment that occured when he was sacked and yet still tried to apparently get rid of the ball while going down.

The receiver has two choices--run the route long enough to pcik up the first down, or run a short route and get the y-a-c as josh reed did yesterday in the second half.

deluca, we went back and forth last week on the "gut check" issue. the bills failed yesterday.

Another poor game for JP Losman on third downs.

9 att

4 comp

21 yrds

2 1st downs

1 int

1 sack

Two of his completions were a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 3? An 8 yrd pass on 3 and 10?

The guy crumbles under pressure.

One good thing is the Bills will have a good chance to grab a QB with their Top 5 pick in next years draft. :lol:

805394[/snapback]

At this point putting in Holcomb is not a good idea. JP needs to learn at this point and needs to finish out a 16 game season as starting quarterback. Unless he is really making mistakes consistently, the I think the guy to replace him would be Nall.

At this point putting in Holcomb is not a good idea.  JP needs to learn at this point and needs to finish out a 16 game season as starting quarterback.  Unless he is really making mistakes consistently, the I think the guy to replace him would be Nall.

806357[/snapback]

I don't think I ever said put Holcomb in or even said take JP out. What the Bills need to do is concentrate on getting an NFL QB in here for next season. They are going to have another high draft pick next season. With players like Clements and Fletcher hitting the bricks they should have some cap room.