Glazer tidbit on Clements

jahnyc

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You see people think that I love Nate Clements or something. THAT IS NOT IT! I just think its dumb to let a solid player go. Period.

805941[/snapback]

True, but would it be dumb if in return we get a solid player who is cheaper and can help a unit with less depth? Think of it this way, We keep CB's about as long as it takes for people to graduate high school. It doesn't matter how good of a GPA they have we still get rid of them regardless (where they move to the Vikings) and then somehow we find another bright student to track. It's the circle of....um.....fill in the blank

True, but would it be dumb if in return we get a solid player who is cheaper and can help a unit with less depth?  Think of it this way, We keep CB's about as long as it takes for people to graduate high school.  It doesn't matter how good of a GPA they have we still get rid of them regardless (where they move to the Vikings) and then somehow we find another bright student to track.  It's the circle of....um.....fill in the blank

805963[/snapback]

Yeah and thats the sad part. Some teams are smart and keep players for a long time (madison, vincent ... etc)

Also. Were not guaranteed to get a good player in return for him.

He is so good they want to trade him? What an honor

805984[/snapback]

Champ Bailey, Clinton Portis, Randy Moss etc...Do they all suck just because they got traded? MacFarland has been a part of one of the better cover 2 run stopping teams in the league for several years. Clements is gone at the end of the year. Whats not to like?

Champ Bailey, Clinton Portis, Randy Moss etc...Do they all suck just because they got traded? MacFarland  has been a part of one of the better cover 2 run stopping teams in the league for several years. Clements is gone at the end of the year. Whats not to like?

805997[/snapback]

Well for one our best CB would be gone ... #2, Randy Moss was sent because the Vikings thought he was a bad apple and most people agreed. Champ Bailey was traded because the Redskins would get one of the best RB's in the game. Duh. We arent getting one of the best DT's in the game.

Champ Bailey, Clinton Portis, Randy Moss etc...Do they all suck just because they got traded? MacFarland  has been a part of one of the better cover 2 run stopping teams in the league for several years. Clements is gone at the end of the year. Whats not to like?

805997[/snapback]

Ironically, one of the reasons they traded for Champ was because their 1st round draft choice in 2001 (same yr as Clements) Middlebrooks out of Minnesota was a total bust.

No way would Tampa give up McFarland for just Nate Clements...

Be objective...Clements is as much reputation (amongst Bills fans) as he is production. McFarland has produced, is still relatively young, and will bring more to the Bucs, if they really do trade him, than Nate. The Bucs will want a high draft pick for McFarland.

If the Bills could pull this deal off, witout giving up a ton, Marv would get my vot for NFL executive of the year. This trade is not going to happen...

Personally, I would be happy to get just about any player who can contribute (or even a young OL prospect), or a top three round draft choice for Clements. Let's face it, we will likely not re-sign him (and shouldn't for top dollar), and will end up with nothing for him. And, as it appears this team is going nowhere this year, getting Youboty a half season of starts, may not be the worst thing. Lets get a jumpstart on this rebuilding...

No way would Tampa give up McFarland for just Nate Clements...

Be objective...Clements is as much reputation (amongst Bills fans) as he is production.  McFarland has produced, is still relatively young, and will bring more to the Bucs, if they really do trade him, than Nate.  The Bucs will want a high draft pick for McFarland.

If the Bills could pull this deal off, witout giving up a ton, Marv would get my vot for NFL executive of the year.  This trade is not going to happen...

Personally, I would be happy to get just about any player who can contribute (or even a young OL prospect), or a top three round draft choice for Clements.  Let's face it, we will likely not re-sign him (and shouldn't for top dollar), and will end up with nothing for him.  And, as it appears this team is going nowhere this year, getting Youboty a half season of starts, may not be the worst thing.  Lets get a jumpstart on this rebuilding...

806016[/snapback]

I COMPLETELY disagree. In fact I believe that Clements for McFarland is not fair to the Bills. Tell us all what McFarland has done. He is the same size as our current D-lineman so were not even adding any beef. I dont know the whole story but it seems to be injury prone as he has only had 2 complete seasons out of his 7 year career. He only averages 30 tackles a season, not to mention his best year was 6 years ago and he will be 30 this December.

Clements on the other hand turns 28 in December, his best season was only 2 seasons ago, he has 5 straight complete seasons without being injured. He averages 70 tackles, 4 INT's, 9 pass deflections per year, and has scored a defensive TD in 4 of his 5 years in the NFL. He is also a threat at punt returner. Not to mention that he is on pace to have his best season with pass deflections this year ...

I COMPLETELY disagree. In fact I believe that Clements for McFarland is not fair to the Bills. Tell us all what McFarland has done. He is the same size as our current D-lineman so were not even adding any beef. I dont know the whole story but it seems to be injury prone as he has only had 2 complete seasons out of his 7 year career. He only averages 30 tackles a season, not to mention his best year was 6 years ago and he will be 30 this December.

Clements on the other hand turns 28 in December, his best season was only 2 seasons ago, he has 5 straight complete seasons without being injured. He averages 70 tackles, 4 INT's, 9 pass deflections per year, and has scored a defensive TD in 4 of his 5 years in the NFL. He is also a threat at punt returner. Not to mention that he is on pace to have his best season with pass deflections this year ...

806026[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=53594

I did it for you.

And yes, Doug Gabriel did get that F'N touchdown that Deep2Moulds predicted.

812796[/snapback]

Nice try bud. Maybe check your facts before you type?

Also, for what it's worth....if Clements is in a Bills jersey next week...you can write it down now.....Doug Fn Gabriel will score a TD on him.

Gabriel scored a TD on Simpson. Others Bills players in the play was Crowell and Whitner. Clements was lined up on someone else on the LEFT side of your screen. Simpson was on Gabriel on the RIGHT side of your screen.

:angry:

Nice try bud. Maybe check your facts before you type?

Gabriel scored a TD on Simpson. Others Bills players in the play was Crowell and Whitner. Clements was lined up on someone else on the LEFT side of your screen. Simpson was on Gabriel on the RIGHT side of your screen.

:angry:

812838[/snapback]

Close enough.

Doug Gabriel...let that set in....scored a TD on on the Bills.

!@#$.