Wow

I just saw the video of the Armstrong beheading. It was the most merci-LESS thing I have ever witnessed. These terrorists are animals. Working at a hospital, I've seen some things that churned my stomach, but this is the worst thing I've ever seen and is still sending chills up my back. Words can't express the inhumanity of it.

Has anybody else seen this? and HEARD it?

My brother was living in Europe when 9-11 happened. He said everybody over there thought that the US was going to lose its mind and nuke the entire Mid-East.

After seeing this video..now I see why.

My brother was living in Europe when 9-11 happened. He said everybody over there thought that the US was going to lose its mind and nuke the entire Mid-East.

57755[/snapback]

Saw the Nick Berg beheading. That was enough for me, thanks...

57755[/snapback]

So when the US actually went ahead and invaded the Mid East, Europe said " We didn't really mean that. Can't you take our compassion as a joke?"

Like a cat...curiosity got the best of me.....I just watched it and wish I hadn't.....A nuclear warhead would be too quick a death for these animals....What was that movie with the killer pigs?...Hannibal? That would be a fitting death to these so called Muslims.

It is disturbing. True. You still can't become the animals they are. Nothing justifies your controlling hand on the miseries of others because of this cruel act.

"Throughout life people will make you mad

Disrespect you, and treat you bad

Let God deal with the things they do

‘Cause hate in your heart will consume you, too

Always tell the truth, say your prayers

Hold doors, pull out chairs, easy on the swears

You’re living proof that dreams come true

I love you and I’m here for you"

~Will Smith, Just The Two of Us

I thought the Armstrong video was sick. They didn't just put a gun to his head and blow him away. They held him down and tortured him while sawing his head off with a knife. These animals want us to be scared and run away. If you really want to piss them off, spread Christianity over there.

And let me add:

"Recognize that the world can be a shade of ugly so sallow that ugliness seems the only rational response, but dare to be beautiful anyway." -- Kevin Bisch

I try to apply this in both the macro- and microcosm of life. What was done is horrible beyond words, I watched it of the belief that someone in my chosen career needs to be able to look at anything, but it doesn't mean we should stoop to that level. Zaqwari will one day get what he gives, whoever the President is.

i heard the nick berg audio about a week or so after it happened....

and it still haunts me.  i mean it really haunts me like nothing i have EVER seen or heard in my entire life.

57802[/snapback]

do not watch the armstrong video

it is even worse, if you can believe it

video is clearer, sound is clearer and the sick bastards take a whole minute sawing through his head...the screams and gurgles are haunting...the emotions rushing through my body and even now thinking about it are horrible

no one should have to die like that

I was praying that it would be a very quick death for him, but I don't think it was. He was still alive for that entire minute...you could hear him still wheezing from what was left of his windpipe.

I'm only providing a link for some of those who feel like they owe it to Mr. Armstrong's life to see what we're truly dealing with in this war on terror, but if you couldn't handle the Nick Berg video, definitely don't check this one out. I handled the Berg video OK I guess, but this was even too much for me.

WARNING

video is clearer, sound is clearer and the sick bastards take a whole minute sawing through his head...the screams and gurgles are haunting...the emotions rushing through my body and even now thinking about it are horrible

58703[/snapback]

I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

But I agree that we should never stoop to that level. They guy was a civilian for crying out loud.

I'll tell you what, someone sent it to me and I watched it, I also saw the Daniel Pearl beheading and that one did not effect me as the guy was already dead and it wasn't that clear. This one was just horrible though. His gurgles and screams were really frigtening and haunting.

It didn't help that his hometown isn't far from me and I've been there several times. Made it all the more real to me I think.

It is disturbing. True. You still can't become the animals they are. Nothing justifies your controlling hand on the miseries of others because of this cruel act.
It's not about revenge...It's about punishment.. :D

58703[/snapback]

No. Watch it. Turn the sound up and get your best resolution. I think everyone with an "opinion" here and elsewhere needs to see this. This is why we do what we do. This is how they think.

Cutting someones head off slowly with a dull knife is traditionally reserved for "traitors to Islam". Very rarely used. Become sort of commonplace, Hasn't it kids? YOU are a traitor to Islam because you aren't one of them. Could be you. Could be your daughter or son. That's what it's become.

Watch it. Don't sit there and "make policy" if you don't have the stomach. Pisses me off. And what pisses me off more is half of YOU figure this is our fault. Go watch Survivor, or whatever is real important in you life.

No. Watch it. Turn the sound up and get your best resolution. I think everyone with an "opinion" here and elsewhere needs to see this. This is why we do what we do. This is how they think.

Cutting someones head off slowly with a dull knife is traditionally reserved for "traitors to Islam". Very rarely used. Become sort of commonplace, Hasn't it kids? YOU are a traitor to Islam because you aren't one of them. Could be you. Could be your daughter or son. That's what it's become.

Watch it. Don't sit there and "make policy" if you don't have the stomach. Pisses me off. And what pisses me off more is half of YOU figure this is our fault. Go watch Survivor, or whatever is real important in you life.

59717[/snapback]

Don't you think that watching it is what they want? They want to terrorize us and demonstrate their power right? They can't do either if we do not give them the satisfaction. If nobody watched them, wouldn't there be less of a reason for them to make these films? I understand what these people are and what they do without giving them the opportunity to use my emotional response to such an outrage in any way. For all I know, anger against them is just what they want to inspire with these things.

I also can't think of anything more inappropriate than to use these films ourselves to score a point in a debate over the war either for or against. That is what they do, kill people outrageously, film it and then use the film to generate a response. For any one to use those films for the same general purpose, to generate a response, is despicable and I don't care if some idiot is hoping to get more traffic to his web site or to prove that the war is going badly or to prove that what we are doing is right.

I understand where you are coming from bib and how it can tick you off to hear debate on the board when this kind of thing is happening. Though I acknowledge your point as a valid one, I just think a greater good is served by not watching these things. Call me stubborn, I am not going to watch them for the simple fact that those miscreants want me to. It is my way of flipping them off.

Don't you think that watching it is what they want?  They want to terrorize us and demonstrate their power right?  They can't do either if we do not give them the satisfaction.  If nobody watched them, wouldn't there be less of a reason for them to make these films?  I understand what these people are and what they do without giving them the opportunity to use my emotional response to such an outrage in any way.  For all I know, anger against them is just what they want to inspire with these things.

I also can't think of anything more inappropriate than to use these films ourselves to score a point in a debate over the war either for or against.  That is what they do, kill people outrageously, film it and then use the film to generate a response.  For any one to use those films for the same general purpose, to generate a response, is despicable and I don't care if some idiot is hoping to get more traffic to his web site or to prove that the war is going badly or to prove that what we are doing is right.

I understand where you are coming from bib and how it can tick you off to hear debate on the board when this kind of thing is happening.  Though I acknowledge your point as a valid one, I just think a greater good is served by not watching these things.  Call me stubborn, I am not going to watch them for the simple fact that those miscreants want me to.  It is my way of flipping them off.

61847[/snapback]

And you also have an understanding and a maturity level beyond many who post here and elsewhere. In the simplest of terms, there are many who do not grasp the reality of what this is about. You can tell from their opinions. This brings it home. Many of them "understand" the photos our media sometimes shows of dead Iraqis, and it fuels public debate and division. I'm old enough to remember this from other times. I've puked up stuff ad nauseum on what this conflict is truly about. No one reads it. These tapes underscore the nature of our adversary. We've been inundated with our mistakes and transgressions, but sadly-our mainstream media choses to ignore the other side. Senator Kerry's campaign, bumbling as it may be has been using this overall bias to their benefit. I'm pretty sure you understand the ideology. I understand the strategy.

And BTW, nice way to phrase "You're wrong, shut the F up!" ;)

See? We can disagree in civility!

Ya know what I find really ironic.  When you look at the actions of these animals Saddam Hussein looks kinda average.

62256[/snapback]

Not really. Saddam just didn't use video cameras to chronicle his endeavors. Many times "word of mouth" is much more effective.