Wow

No. Watch it. Turn the sound up and get your best resolution. I think everyone with an "opinion" here and elsewhere needs to see this. This is why we do what we do. This is how they think.

Cutting someones head off slowly with a dull knife is traditionally reserved for "traitors to Islam". Very rarely used. Become sort of commonplace, Hasn't it kids? YOU are a traitor to Islam because you aren't one of them. Could be you. Could be your daughter or son. That's what it's become.

Watch it. Don't sit there and "make policy" if you don't have the stomach. Pisses me off. And what pisses me off more is half of YOU figure this is our fault. Go watch Survivor, or whatever is real important in you life.

59717[/snapback]

Don't you think that watching it is what they want? They want to terrorize us and demonstrate their power right? They can't do either if we do not give them the satisfaction. If nobody watched them, wouldn't there be less of a reason for them to make these films? I understand what these people are and what they do without giving them the opportunity to use my emotional response to such an outrage in any way. For all I know, anger against them is just what they want to inspire with these things.

I also can't think of anything more inappropriate than to use these films ourselves to score a point in a debate over the war either for or against. That is what they do, kill people outrageously, film it and then use the film to generate a response. For any one to use those films for the same general purpose, to generate a response, is despicable and I don't care if some idiot is hoping to get more traffic to his web site or to prove that the war is going badly or to prove that what we are doing is right.

I understand where you are coming from bib and how it can tick you off to hear debate on the board when this kind of thing is happening. Though I acknowledge your point as a valid one, I just think a greater good is served by not watching these things. Call me stubborn, I am not going to watch them for the simple fact that those miscreants want me to. It is my way of flipping them off.

Don't you think that watching it is what they want?  They want to terrorize us and demonstrate their power right?  They can't do either if we do not give them the satisfaction.  If nobody watched them, wouldn't there be less of a reason for them to make these films?  I understand what these people are and what they do without giving them the opportunity to use my emotional response to such an outrage in any way.  For all I know, anger against them is just what they want to inspire with these things.

I also can't think of anything more inappropriate than to use these films ourselves to score a point in a debate over the war either for or against.  That is what they do, kill people outrageously, film it and then use the film to generate a response.  For any one to use those films for the same general purpose, to generate a response, is despicable and I don't care if some idiot is hoping to get more traffic to his web site or to prove that the war is going badly or to prove that what we are doing is right.

I understand where you are coming from bib and how it can tick you off to hear debate on the board when this kind of thing is happening.  Though I acknowledge your point as a valid one, I just think a greater good is served by not watching these things.  Call me stubborn, I am not going to watch them for the simple fact that those miscreants want me to.  It is my way of flipping them off.

61847[/snapback]

And you also have an understanding and a maturity level beyond many who post here and elsewhere. In the simplest of terms, there are many who do not grasp the reality of what this is about. You can tell from their opinions. This brings it home. Many of them "understand" the photos our media sometimes shows of dead Iraqis, and it fuels public debate and division. I'm old enough to remember this from other times. I've puked up stuff ad nauseum on what this conflict is truly about. No one reads it. These tapes underscore the nature of our adversary. We've been inundated with our mistakes and transgressions, but sadly-our mainstream media choses to ignore the other side. Senator Kerry's campaign, bumbling as it may be has been using this overall bias to their benefit. I'm pretty sure you understand the ideology. I understand the strategy.

And BTW, nice way to phrase "You're wrong, shut the F up!" ;)

See? We can disagree in civility!

Ya know what I find really ironic.  When you look at the actions of these animals Saddam Hussein looks kinda average.

62256[/snapback]

Not really. Saddam just didn't use video cameras to chronicle his endeavors. Many times "word of mouth" is much more effective.