He's a Punk...

Marv Levy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People have to stop believing SportsCenter and all the other people who consistantly make love to pictures of T.O. in their spare time.

T.O. wouldn't be so much of a distraction if the media didn't CONSISTANTLY ASK COACHES AND PLAYERS ABOUT HIM.  The media is TRYING to make T.O. in to a problem.

803752[/snapback]

I agree completely ... T.O. is not the problem. The media is.

I agree completely ... T.O. is not the problem. The media is.

803774[/snapback]

Owens doesn't help matters. If he wanted to avoid being a spectacle he could. He works out in his driveway, he puts on a biking outfit and helmet when he's on the sideline exercycle when he's injured, and countless other things. He consistently has to draw attention to himself in one way or another and the media obliges his request and gives him that attention. Blaming the media is too easy, Owens shoulders much of the blame.

People have to stop believing SportsCenter and all the other people who consistantly make love to pictures of T.O. in their spare time.

T.O. wouldn't be so much of a distraction if the media didn't CONSISTANTLY ASK COACHES AND PLAYERS ABOUT HIM.  The media is TRYING to make T.O. in to a problem.

803752[/snapback]

Did you see the footage of T.O. last game? What a knob....him, not you. :huh:

Because he yelled at his coach??? The cameras simply need to angle away and it wouldnt be a problem ... would it?

803780[/snapback]

Yes, it's the media's fault that they (gasp!) shot Owens on the sideline and not Owens' for blowing up at his teammates and coaches. You've nailed it. :huh:

You average more posts per day than I do

Since the early part of August when camp started I've had a little over 300 posts for an average of about 5/day.

Since that same time you've had about 850 posts for an average of over 14/day.

You're like that guy at the party who thinks that everybody there wants to hear his opinion on every subject.

They don't.

They were 15-4 with Terrel Owens and 5-9 without Terrel Owens ... so anyway my point is that its pretty hard to argue that he did NOT improve that team mightily.

Actually, it's pretty easy to argue.

They went to 3 straight NFC championships before Owens got there. i.e. they were pretty goddamned good.

They then went to another NFC championship while Owens was there. i.e. they were pretty goddamned good.

Then they went into the toilet while Owens was still there because he fractured the entire team. i.e. they weren't very good at all.

So they progressed from pretty goddamned good before Owens got there to not very good at all when Owens left for Dallas.

Quite the mighty improvement. Nice work Terrel. :huh:

Because he yelled at his coach??? The cameras simply need to angle away and it wouldnt be a problem ... would it?

:D:doh::lol:

Yes, if it isn't on TV then it never happened. I'm sure his coaches and teammates are thrilled by being hollered at on the sideline by a guy who's been racking up more drops than catches. But it's all the media's fault that he's calling out his brothers during games and destroying locker room morale. Damned media! :lol:

Just checked in after a long day at the Salt Mine, and clicked on to this, the first post. Randy Moss, a Bill?!? Yet, as I read further, I see a running dialogue focused on the AntiChrist, Terrell Owens.

On a Bills board.

Gentlemen, you'll probably excoriate me for posting such heresy, because "after all, Dude, you're on a fan web board...." (meaning we should all expect the tripe that :huh: shows up here as gospel...)

Here's the deal. Terrell Owens is a jerk. Get it? A jerk. A self-absorbed fathead that - if he didn't possess such amazing talents on the gridiron - NONE of you would invite to your next septic cleaning party. Well, maybe not most of you, anyway. He doesn't fit on the Bills, never would, never will. Case closed. A-hole. Think about the energy you've expended in your neural synapes and wrist muscles just thinking and writing about that A-munch. Your time would indeed be better spent both in terms of neural and wrist exercise by thinking about Ashlyn Gere. Trust me.

What hoots me up is that the post started off about Randy Moss. Wait a minute - that's ANOTHER moron that won't be playing for the Bills! EVER! EVER! EVER! Take a deep breath and get over it! Focus your time on what the f**k we're going to do (a) Sunday against the P**sies - I mean "Lions" - and what the f**k we're going to do at DT! What is the point of screaming about "T.O" (woo) when we should be looking at keeping teams from gaining 200 yards on the ground?

I need a beer.

Just checked in after a long day at the Salt Mine, and clicked on to this, the first post.  Randy Moss, a Bill?!?  Yet, as I read further, I see a running dialogue focused on the AntiChrist, Terrell Owens.

On a Bills board.

Gentlemen, you'll probably excoriate me for posting such heresy, because "after all, Dude, you're on a fan web board...." (meaning we should all expect the tripe that :huh:  shows up here as gospel...)

Here's the deal.  Terrell Owens is a jerk.  Get it?  A jerk.  A self-absorbed fathead that - if he didn't possess such amazing talents on the gridiron - NONE of you would invite to your next septic cleaning party.  Well, maybe not most of you, anyway.  He doesn't fit on the Bills, never would, never will.  Case closed.  A-hole.  Think about the energy you've expended in your neural synapes and wrist muscles just thinking and writing about that A-munch.  Your time would indeed be better spent both in terms of neural and wrist exercise by thinking about Ashlyn Gere.  Trust me.

What hoots me up is that the post started off about Randy Moss.  Wait a minute - that's ANOTHER moron that won't be playing for the Bills!  EVER!  EVER!  EVER!  Take a deep breath and get over it!  Focus your time on what the f**k we're going to do (a) Sunday against the P**sies - I mean "Lions" - and what the f**k we're going to do at DT!  What is the point of screaming about "T.O" (woo) when we should be looking at keeping teams from gaining 200 yards on the ground?

I need a beer.

803799[/snapback]

You should post more often. And you should get a beer.

Since the early part of August when camp started I've had a little over 300 posts for an average of about 5/day.

Since that same time you've had about 850 posts for an average of over 14/day.

You're like that guy at the party who thinks that everybody there wants to hear his opinion on every subject.

They don't.

Its kinda simple. I didnt talk about the Bills much in the off-season last year. When It came back around to training camp I talk about the Bills. Really I dont understand why you have this hate for me. Their are others (JoeSixPack, and others) who post much more frequently then myself. Whenever I say something I try to say it in confidence and with facts. I never intend to be rude to another poster (which many posters on this board seem to have a problem with) and always try to bring the knowledge I have (and my OPINION) to the board. Im sorry you dont like that. Just ignore me if you want, but I am in now trying to make you angry and im sorry if I am. Thats all I have to say on that topic. :huh:

Actually, it's pretty easy to argue.

They went to 3 straight NFC championships before Owens got there. i.e. they were pretty goddamned good.

They then went to another NFC championship while Owens was there. i.e. they were pretty goddamned good.

Then they went into the toilet while Owens was still there because he fractured the entire team. i.e. they weren't very good at all.

So they progressed from pretty goddamned good before Owens got there to not very good at all when Owens left for Dallas.

Quite the mighty improvement. Nice work Terrel.  :D

:doh:  :lol:  :lol:

Yes, if it isn't on TV then it never happened. I'm sure his coaches and teammates are thrilled by being hollered at on the sideline by a guy who's been racking up more drops than catches. But it's all the media's fault that he's calling out his brothers during games and destroying locker room morale.  Damned media!  :lol:

803783[/snapback]

I can admit when I am wrong, and I am wrong. You were right on this topic as far as statistics go. BUT personally I think if the media payed little attention to T.O. a lot of the problems would go away ... buts thats just me and I also think T.O. 's playing ability outweighs his negative side. I dont understand how a player "fractures" a team. Your all professionals getting paid millions to do the job, so dont listen to T.O. and just play.

Yeah apparantly Andy Reid is Levy squared w/ respect to those week 17 games.

We took a dive against - oddly enough - the Lions the last game of '91 and still almost won the game in overtime. I think Ditka still hates us for it because it cost the Bears the division.

Just checked in after a long day at the Salt Mine, and clicked on to this, the first post.  Randy Moss, a Bill?!?  Yet, as I read further, I see a running dialogue focused on the AntiChrist, Terrell Owens.

On a Bills board.

Gentlemen, you'll probably excoriate me for posting such heresy, because "after all, Dude, you're on a fan web board...." (meaning we should all expect the tripe that :huh:  shows up here as gospel...)

Here's the deal.  Terrell Owens is a jerk.  Get it?  A jerk.  A self-absorbed fathead that - if he didn't possess such amazing talents on the gridiron - NONE of you would invite to your next septic cleaning party.  Well, maybe not most of you, anyway.  He doesn't fit on the Bills, never would, never will.  Case closed.  A-hole.  Think about the energy you've expended in your neural synapes and wrist muscles just thinking and writing about that A-munch.  Your time would indeed be better spent both in terms of neural and wrist exercise by thinking about Ashlyn Gere.  Trust me.

What hoots me up is that the post started off about Randy Moss.  Wait a minute - that's ANOTHER moron that won't be playing for the Bills!  EVER!  EVER!  EVER!  Take a deep breath and get over it!  Focus your time on what the f**k we're going to do (a) Sunday against the P**sies - I mean "Lions" - and what the f**k we're going to do at DT!  What is the point of screaming about "T.O" (woo) when we should be looking at keeping teams from gaining 200 yards on the ground?

I need a beer.

803799[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more, and I might get a beer right now.