Belichick devotes entire day of practice to:

It is good for the offense and the defense. I know our D has given up its share of costly first downs and I know our O, has had less than desirable outcomes to our short yardage situations.

I love how they refer to him as a philosopher: Belichekian...I focking hate the Pats and I hate that man.

Tom Brady is what's seperating Belichek from "good" to "genious" coaching labels. It will be fun to watch the fall from grace if and when Brady leaves. At least Parcells won the big one with a backup. How did Jimmy Johnson do without Aikmen? Shula without Marino? Shanahan without Elway?

I'm tired of this guy riding the coat-tails of Tom Brady. Maybe Brady will get tired of the lack of recognition and bolt to some NFC team. We can only hope.

Brady's locked up through 2010, in any event.

802727[/snapback]

I could see an ego clash leading to a split before the 2010 season. I could also see Belichek wanting to prove himself without having Tom Brady. It would be the ultimate test of his "team" not "star players" winning system. He'd also get a ton of picks for future Pat teams. I just hope it happens, Brady is the biggest reason for your team's championships.

Hollywood, refresh my memory...I seem to recall Brady crabbing a bit about his contract, a while back. Was that so?

Not that I recall. There was a period where Brady's contract was a year or so away from running out, and both sides were working the numbers, but neither side ever crabbed about it publicly; and, as is typical of the Patriots, neither side has crabbed about it since.

You guys are right, though, anything could happen to the Belichick/Brady relationship, and an eventual rift is possible. I'll bet, however, that the management realizes that Brady should, for the sake of team and player legacy, be a "one team in his career" guy, and do whatever they can to keep him a Patriot for life.

Not that I recall.  There was a period where Brady's contract was a year or so away from running out, and both sides were working the numbers, but neither side ever crabbed about it publicly; and, as is typical of the Patriots, neither side has crabbed about it since.

802752[/snapback]

Thanks. NE did a nice coaching job against CIN...took the B'gals young center to the cleaners, and knew that the injuries to their pass-rush LB's and SS could be exploited.

Maroney looked supurb.

Tom Brady is what's seperating Belichek from "good" to "genious" coaching labels. It will be fun to watch the fall from grace if and when Brady leaves. At least Parcells won the big one with a backup. How did Jimmy Johnson do without Aikmen? Shula without Marino? Shanahan without Elway?

I'm tired of this guy riding the coat-tails of Tom Brady. Maybe Brady will get tired of the lack of recognition and bolt to some NFC team. We can only hope.

802724[/snapback]

It's funny, people whine here all the time that Brady "sucks" or is "overrated", they say Parcells sucks or is overrated, because he has never done anything without Bellichek...and now you say Bellichek is nothing without Brady! Whatever the case, if Bellichek or Brady is overrated or not, if they "suck" or not, they are doing something right. I suspect that both guys contribute. The Patriot envy on this board is obscene...

OBTW, Shula had more success without Marino, than he did with him...check the SB record. Aikman was an important part of the Cowboys success under Jimmy Johnson, but don't tell me their offensive line from the early 90's wasn't even more of a factor. Shannahan hasn't done too shabby without Elway either. I could only wish any Bills coach, post-Levy had been as big a loser as Shannahan, post-Elway!

i would do third downs on tuesdays.  it seems irresponsible and foolish to do third downs on any other day of the week.  how the pats won any championship(s) at all is beyond me.

802889[/snapback]

Maybe thats why you aren't an NFL head coach and BB is. :lol:

Tuesday for third downs? Its obviously a wednesday thing. Its the third day of the week after a game (unless you play Monday night) This gives you Monday for first downs, and Tuesdays for second. :lol:<_<0:)

But as others have said, If BB was so great, Why is he practicing 3rd downs? If his team is that good they should never see 3rd downs, only 1st's