Lets not run Jauron out of town

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the OL is resposible for him throwing that ball 15 yards short of T.O. when there was no one around him <_<

800042[/snapback]

In true Drew fashion he did complete the Hail Mary to Glenn on 4th and long. Cowboys have a chance, pick 6 the next play. That was without a doubt one of the worst performances I have ever witnessed from a QB. :lol:

I'm looking for consistency in the organization. I'm looking for us to stick with Jauron even if things don't go well. Only one time since the playoff drought began has Buffalo went over the 1.5 ratio. Obviously the line, WR, RB, etc all play a role in that. I proved how hard it is for coaches to overcome bad QB play. Williams and Jauron (two defensive coaches) will have almost zero influence on that number. Yet if it doesn't improve, history has shown, and will continue to show that he will not be coaching here long.

800035[/snapback]

Getting the consistency you seek will come when the Bills get good line play. Your focusing on a symptom, not the disease.

Getting the consistency you seek will come when the Bills get good line play.  Your focusing on a symptom, not the disease.

800053[/snapback]

Thats a matter of opinion. Mine is Oline play is effected by how well you throw the ball. Every play doesn't end up in pressure or a sack. QB's with piss poor lines will have chances to make plays. The more they do it, the less pressure the offensive line receives. The less apt a defensive cordinator is to blitz. How else can you explain New England going threw 4 starting lineman last year, yet still getting solid protection. It's a balence, but QB performance still plays a big role.

Thats a matter of opinion. Mine is Oline play is effected by how well you throw the ball. Every play doesn't end up in pressure or a sack. QB's with piss poor lines will have chances to make plays.

800066[/snapback]

Given fewer chances than a QB with good protection, don't you expect QBs with bad protection to play worse overall?

The more they do it, the less pressure the offensive line receives. The less apt a defensive cordinator is to blitz. How else can you explain New England going threw 4 starting lineman last year, yet still getting solid protection.

Good players and good coaching perhaps?

i just read through this, and for the life of me i don't know why there's an argument. clearly, teams need good offensive lines. that said, there's a reason that qbs are drafted higher than other players and are paid more money by far -- they're without a doubt the most important player on a team. brady's offensive line has never been that good. neither has payton manning's (it's ok, but not a whole lot more than that). marino played on a line that could pass block decently, but which was a poor run blocking unit. yet all enjoyed great success. sure, if the line in front of them is terrible (ie., like the dolphins now or the bills last year), then all bets are off. however, if the line is at least half decent (ie., the bills in 1993, when fina was the starter, ballard held on every play, richter was an old man, and there was a revolving door at right guard) and the qb is a winner who consistently throws more tds than ints, chances are the offense will be good.

i'm rooting hard for losman, and i hope he turns out to be a great qb. however, i must admit that i have a number of reservations based on his general game, and i'm not basing them on yesterday's rout. that said, if the bills get just one more stud on the o-line (LG or LT or C would be nice), the other guys they have are decent enough to make for an acceptable o-line. then we'll see if he's a playoff caliber qb or not.

Are we still arguing about the prudence of letting Donahoe go?

2 HCs

3 OCs

1 Winning Season

No Playoffs

5 Years

Donahoe had to go and Mularkey chose not to stay because of that. Mularkey completely mismanaged the QB situation to save his own skin and was completely incompetent with the offense. I am not sure why there is any debate here. Even if Mularkey should have received a third year, he chose not to take it.

Are we still arguing about the prudence of letting Donahoe go?

2 HCs

3 OCs

1 Winning Season

No Playoffs

5 Years

Donahoe had to go and Mularkey chose not to stay because of that. Mularkey completely mismanaged the QB situation to save his own skin and was completely incompetent with the offense. I am not sure why there is any debate here. Even if Mularkey should have received a third year, he chose not to take it.

800163[/snapback]

I'll just let this go. Some good debate but things have got way to confusing.

That the same Jeno James who started in a Super Bowl a couple of years back?

799899[/snapback]

Sure is. If you ever get a chance to watch any film from that game, you'll see James spend the evening being repeatedly used and abused. After that awful performance the Panthers made no attempt whatsoever to re-sign him as far as I know.

thanx phishies!-)