PFW - Losman May Be Playing Very Soon

Mark VI

I'm kind of torn on starting J.P so soon.  As far as him playing and getting experience that's what I would be hopeful of, but I don't want to see him get hurt again towards the end of the year when the team has given up on the year.

57617[/snapback]

I'm with you on that one. Let him play some series but don't throw him to the sacrificial wolf... :devil:

well, it may be true, but any monkey could guess that.

Unless his source is Mike or Tom - there IS no source that would have that kind of info....

57580[/snapback]

"We" hear they've been spotted in the vicinity of Buddy the WD. That is as unimpeachable as you can get. Buddy is as objective as they come.

Why? So that HE can hand the ball to Travis Gump and watch him slide all over another stadium?

57443[/snapback]

Hey Bill...About the Travis Gump remark you've made 3,548 times since Sunday....everyone who reads this board knows you don't like Travis. Move on.

Oh, and by the way, Gump was one hell of a runner, so it doesn't make sense to compare Gump with Travis based on your low opinion of Travis. You may not think either of them were very smart, so maybe that's where your Travis Gump originates from. But the Bills don't pay Travis to be smart. They pay him (first and foremost) to run the football, and he does that quite well, thank you very much.

Travis has his problems and his mistakes certainly aren't helping our chances. But there are no fewer than 20 bigger problems with this team than our starting running back, so please give an opinion on something else for a change.

As stated by others, I don't believe the Bills feel nearly as down on DB as some of you fans do. Nonetheless, I'm excited for his speedy recovery. He appears to have a good deal of fortitude which is a good thing for our (hopefully) future qb to possess. I hope to see him as a change of pace option if needed later in the season.

Guest Guest_Ennjay_*

You have to discount most of what PFW says. They do NO research of their own -- they read the local papers and then jump to conlcusions so it sounds like independent thought. How much would YOU know if your sole source was the Buffalo News and your bathroom mirror? (I can see the responses to that one now . . .)

But seriously, the Buffalo and Rochester papers said last week JPL was ahead of schedule, so PFW creates this semi-logical conclusion that he'll be starting right away. If I had a guy who I bet the future on I'd want to be VERY sure he was healthy and ready before I put him on the field, especially with a team that can't protect him and won't be playing for anything this year by the time he's ready anyway.

It should be apparent by this time that Bledsoe is nothing but a placeholder for the Bills. Love him or hate him, he's extremely limited in capabilities, and I doubt many really believe (players and mgmt included) that he will lead the Bills to glory anytime soon.

Has he played horrendously this year? No, but he's played out. Gameplanning him is so fricken obvious to our opponents that they relish knowing that they can just tee off him. That's in essence what Norv Turner said here on local Raider radio after the game a few weeks back. Every time he's mentioned in those sidebar NFL talent evaluator (GM, NFL scout) columns on ESPN, it is to say that he's washed up. Do we really think we know better?

I won't argue Bledsoe's merits or liabilities after every game. The circle jerk banter that's common here is tiresome.

Post mortem game breakdowns don't change the real time reality that mediocre line aside, he is the singularly least athletic starting QB around (I give the 49ers statues slack cause of their youth), and he is neither respected, nor feared by any opponent.

In this mediocre no playoff season, Losman is currently the sole beacon of hope for future Bills success. When healthy he's got to play.

You have to discount most of what PFW says.  They do NO research of their own -- they read the local papers and then jump to conlcusions so it sounds like independent thought.  How much would YOU know if your sole source was the Buffalo News and your bathroom mirror?  (I can see the responses to that one now . . .)

But seriously, the Buffalo and Rochester papers said last week JPL was ahead of schedule, so PFW creates this semi-logical conclusion that he'll be starting right away.  If I had a guy who I bet the future on I'd want to be VERY sure he was healthy and ready before I put him on the field, especially with a team that can't protect him and won't be playing for anything this year by the time he's ready anyway.

58146[/snapback]

You may be thinking of Pro Football Talk.

Pro Football Weekly is much more respected...

I'm not saying it's the Gospel truth if they say it is,

but I'm more inclined to believe them.

I'm hoping TD is the source. 

Maybe not likely, but not impossible.  PFW is SOMEWHAT credible, isn't it?  I mean it's not like that "pro football talk" crap that posts outlandish rumors every day.

The anonymous source who said "we'd sign him tommorow and play him on Sunday" in reference to Milloy last year turned out to be TD, no?

57588[/snapback]

I would say normally that if it came from PFW, it's probably true. I'm not saying they get everything right always, but they have been the best NFL rag for years IMHO...They usually talk to the right people...Maybe it's Wyche? He loves to talk... B)

All I know is that when I go to the Jets game in Buffalo, I really do not want to see the "same old" stevestojan I have seen in the first three games.  :w00t:

57609[/snapback]

I want to see a qb who can dodge one blitz with a quick step, roll away from another, turn and throw downfield for a 40 yard gain. Repeat 2 times early in a game and jailbreak blitzes against the Bills will be a thing of the past.

Of course, Drew will be also.