What do you think is the best movie trilogy ever?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, I think the Matrix "trilogy" was one of the worst of all time. They should have left well enough alone and allowed the original film to stand as one of the greatest sci-fi films ever. I just saw x3 the other night and felt it was very weak. They basically tried to cover up a lack of plot with fancy cgi and action scenes. I don't think xmen or the matrix are anywhere near the quality of the star wars or LOTR trilogies.

Oh wow, I think the Matrix "trilogy" was one of the worst of all time. They should have left well enough alone and allowed the original film to stand as one of the greatest sci-fi films ever. I just saw x3 the other night and felt it was very weak. They basically tried to cover up a lack of plot with fancy cgi and action scenes. I don't think xmen or the matrix are anywhere near the quality of the star wars or LOTR trilogies.

798327[/snapback]

I don't think Matrix was near S-wars or other trilogies, but I do think that it was pretty damn good. I was one of the few that enjoyed the last 2 movies.

Best trilogy ever? Hmm, I'd say Star Wars 4-6 (original 3) and the Godfather trilogy a close 2nd.

x3 did suck, I'd agree.

I don't think Matrix was near S-wars or other trilogies, but I do think that it was pretty damn good.  I was one of the few that enjoyed the last 2 movies.

Yeah, I know a lot of people who did really like all three Matrix films. My biggest problem was that the third film pretty much erased everythign that was awesome about the first one. I don't want to say too much about it in case people haven't seen them yet, but I felt the end of the trilogy rendered the first film (which I LOVED) totally meaningless.

I'll throw out a vote for the Austin Powers trilogy as being among the best, by the way :D

Also, even though the third one hasn't come out yet, I think the first two "Bourne" films have been very strong....I loved both of them, and I expect the third to be as good or better.

Star Wars

Indiana Jones

Back to the Future

LOTR

798391[/snapback]

I forgot about back the future....good call.

Yeah, I know a lot of people who did really like all three Matrix films. My biggest problem was that the third film pretty much erased everythign that was awesome about the first one. I don't want to say too much about it in case people haven't seen them yet, but I felt the end of the trilogy rendered the first film (which I LOVED) totally meaningless.

I'll throw out a vote for the Austin Powers trilogy as being among the best, by the way :D

Also, even though the third one hasn't come out yet, I think the first two "Bourne" films have been very strong....I loved both of them, and I expect the third to be as good or better.

798338[/snapback]

Austin Powers is most likely the best comedy trilogy because I can't think of any other comedy trilogies. :D

I dunno about the Borne series. I hated the first movie, and fell asleep 3/4 of the way through.

Austin Powers is most likely the best comedy trilogy because I can't think of any other comedy trilogies.  :D

I dunno about the Borne series.  I hated the first movie, and fell asleep 3/4 of the way through.

798451[/snapback]

You hated Bourne Identity?? wow, I think you're the first person I know who's said that! Had you just broken up with a girl or something? Pissy mood? :D

You hated Bourne Identity?? wow, I think you're the first person I know who's said that!  Had you just broken up with a girl or something? Pissy mood?  :D

798454[/snapback]

No, the story just failed to pull me in.

As far as comedy trilogies - how bout the naked gun trilogy?

No, the story just failed to pull me in.

As far as comedy trilogies - how bout the naked gun trilogy?

798514[/snapback]

I think I've only seen the first Naked Gun film.....maybe part of another, Im not sure. I need to check them out, cause I love the zucker bros stuff.

Back to the Future may be the most consistant and well thought-out. Original Star Wars is right behind it (and only because the Return of the Jedi that they ended up making was nothing like the one they were planning when they made Empire).

I dunno about the Borne series.  I hated the first movie, and fell asleep 3/4 of the way through.

798451[/snapback]

I love the Bourne films! Great books too btw- far better then the films which is almost always the case

I can't say 1.  But it's a 4 way tie between:

Star Wars trilogy 1-3

Star Wars trilogy 4-6

The Matrix trilogy

X-men trilogy

1000 post! :D

798312[/snapback]

Uhhh...there was a little thing called the Lord of the Rings that wasn't too shabby.

I also hate to break it to you. Every Star Wars movie after the original stunk. Same with The Matrix. All three X-Men movies were mediocre.

PTR