What do you think is the best movie trilogy ever?

ROTJ did suck in parts, mainly due to the Ewoks, but it also had probably the most dramatic Luke/Vader scenes, which clearly made for some great entertainment.

799361[/snapback]

I agree, the ewoks were the major drawback to ROTJ. Would have been hysterical to see Chewy eat one too :lol:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Die Hard

Robocop

Superman

Batman

Final Destination

Rambo

800153[/snapback]

I actually enjoyed the final destination films....certainly not "great" filmmaking by any means, but they were a lot of fun and the death scenes were pretty creative.

I agree, the ewoks were the major drawback to ROTJ.  Would have been hysterical to see Chewy eat one too  :w00t:

800170[/snapback]

:lol:;)

After i saw ep.III last summer, I went back and watched some of the ROTJ scenes....I tell you what, some of that stuff is REALLY good. Pretty much everything that had to do with Luke, Vader, and the Emperor was awesome. The Jabba stuff wasn't bad, and I enjoyed the Yoda scenes. I thought it was pretty neat how so much of the context changed because of the prequels, too. I've seen the OT so many times it's embarrassing, but it was almost as if the prequels gave it new meaning. I know that was sort of the point, but I didn't really think it would change my view of them to that degree.

I couldn't stand watching that movie.  Scary and a little too much blood one guy can handle.

800247[/snapback]

lol, well that doesn't surprise me since you're pretty much the same age as the people who are killed in the movies, aren't you?

It just dawned on me, no one has bothered to mention The Toxic Avenger triology.

800181[/snapback]

when I was a kid I had a huge thing for Adrienne Barbeau and those beautiful.....well....you know :lol:

Well technically LOTR wasn't a trilogy, since it was really one book and was the extension of the Hobbit.  Shortly however the final book is to be written and it's likely that LOTR will not be a trilogy either.

800165[/snapback]

The LOTR movie trilogy wasn't really a trilogy because the book it was made from wasn't a trilogy? And someday it may not be a trilogy anymore...so really it isn't now?

Yeah...makes sense.

The LOTR movie trilogy wasn't really a trilogy because the book it was made from wasn't a trilogy?  And someday it may not be a trilogy anymore...so really it isn't now?

Yeah...makes sense.

800287[/snapback]

Read what it was a response to. About Die Hard not being a triolgy soon.

Umm... sarcasm doesn't do good for you does it? :lol:

Read what it was a response to.  About Die Hard not being a triolgy soon.

Umm... sarcasm doesn't do good for you does it?  :lol:

800296[/snapback]

Yeah Lawn Gnome, but Die Hard is in production now. LOTR isn't a definate.

Yeah, I have nothing better to do than to keep up with movies  in production that won't hit the streets for 2 years.  :lol:

800345[/snapback]

Wow. I didn't realize 2007 was in two years.

I learn something new on TBD everyday!

Wow. I didn't realize 2007 was in two years.

I learn something new on TBD everyday!

800348[/snapback]

Is that when it's out? I didn't look it up. Usually you have about 2 years between shoot and screen. Again, I don't even know what movies are out this Friday, how would I know or care what comes out next year, two yeras and 10 years from now.

I couldn't stand watching that movie.  Scary and a little too much blood one guy can handle.

800247[/snapback]

Personally i think the movies blew as well. But how cold you think that those movies were either scary or bloody in anyway, not to mention "more than one can handle".

Go play GTA or something and get back to me with a term paper on violence in the final destination movies.

when I was a kid I had a huge thing for Adrienne Barbeau and those beautiful.....well....you know  :lol:

800277[/snapback]

And where is the finale for the "Escape From..." trilogy. A third Snake Plissken movie would put most of these to shame. Kurt Russell and Ms. Barbeau are aging pretty well...

And where is the finale for the "Escape From..." trilogy. A third Snake Plissken movie would put most of these to shame. Kurt Russell and Ms. Barbeau are aging pretty well...

800477[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind seeing that too, actually. And I agree about AB...I don't recall where I saw her within the last couple years, but she still looked quite sexy to me :lol:

It just dawned on me, no one has bothered to mention The Toxic Avenger triology.

800181[/snapback]

Could be because you were one of 10 people to see the trilogy

As for LOTR, Its a Trilogy because it was three movies that were continuous. There were also 3 books for LOTR with the Hobbit (LOTR would have been a spinoff of the Hobbit technically) Where is this talk of another book coming out for the LOTR series? I thought it was done? Isn't J.R.R Tolkien dead? Is it going to be one of those cheesie ones written by someone else for the sole purpose of making money off of another movie?