Troy Vincent is a class act veteran

...and a consumate team player. From the interview with Donte and Ko

Simpson, pressed into the starting lineup sooner than expected after Troy Vincent was placed on the injured reserve list, says film study with Vincent each week has been a huge help to him.

"Troy has been a great help to me," Simpson said. "He comes into meetings with us. I come in on my day off on Tuesday and meet with him, and we meet after practice to watch film."

...and a consumate team player.  From the interview with Donte and Ko

Simpson, pressed into the starting lineup sooner than expected after Troy Vincent was placed on the injured reserve list, says film study with Vincent each week has been a huge help to him.

"Troy has been a great help to me," Simpson said. "He comes into meetings with us. I come in on my day off on Tuesday and meet with him, and we meet after practice to watch film."

797731[/snapback]

I agree.

And just think, a lot of people on this board were calling for his head these past few seasons. :lol:

Well to be fair, I think that Vincent realizes to some extent that a) the Bills did him a favor by keeping him around TO mentor the younger guys when another team probably would have cut him before the season started, and b) did him another favor by putting him on the "minor" IR, allowing him to go to another team after 6 weeks.

Correct ... could you imagine T.O. doing this after being placed on Injured Reserve? he would be in some caribbean island sipping on energy drinks.

797845[/snapback]

Sipping on energy drinks and eating handfuls of Zanax in hopes to end his "oh so sad life"

TO should get in line with the long list of other people that need to self inflict death

We were calling for his head because he was too often late on deep balls, not because of any character issues. He should jump into coaching next year.

797962[/snapback]

I don't know if he's looking at coaching or the front office, but Vincent is taking steps to insure that his NFL days don't end when he takes the uniform off. Don't be surprised if he ends up in a team's or the league's front office, possibly the Bills.

Well to be fair, I think that Vincent realizes to some extent that a) the Bills did him a favor by keeping him around TO mentor the younger guys when another team probably would have cut him before the season started, and b) did him another favor by putting him on the "minor" IR, allowing him to go to another team after 6 weeks.

797896[/snapback]

That's true. Vincent seems to want to go into coaching, so right now he's doing things that might open some doors later on.

WOW ... you are harsh.  I am no TO fan but you need to be careful.

797944[/snapback]

That is really an unfunny subject around here. And it would be greatly appreciated if it were treated as the very serious topic it is. In the future, I'll just ignore those posts to not give them any more than a passing glance. But they topic is very real, and very painful to some.