• Willis McGahee runs for 120 yards
    • Bill's Defense sack Grossman 3 or more times
    • Grossman turns the ball over in the first half
    • Lee Evans has a career day receiving
    • Bears turn the ball over twice in the game
    • Bills rush for over 50 yards in the 1st quarter
    • Bill's D tip or knock down 3 or more Grossman passes
    • Our Special Teams score one TD and force a turnover

What offers us the best scenario to win Sunday among those considered?

797717[/snapback]

I would say Willis rushing for 120 yards mainly because that means that we were moving the ball successfully through the air and on the ground. Not to mention, with Willis' runs, we would be chewing up plenty of clock which would take the pressure off of our defense, and not allow Grossman to play with these balls that he apparently found since last season.

But once again, it would not be labeled as a victory for the Bills by the media, but instead as a number of screw ups and miscommunications by the Bears, no matter how perfectly plays/schemes were executed by the Bills.

I'd say if we have 150 yard rusher and 300 yard passer.  Because no one loses games when players have stats like that!

797726[/snapback]

:lol: Where's the "we score more points than they do" option? :D

(Sorry Kurt)

Keys to me are:

--No turnovers

--Win the field position battle.

--Low penalty count.

The rest is pretty much "play the way we have," IMO. Not that those keys aren't a tall order by themselves...Limited to those options, I'd say "Bears turnover twice," assuming we have no turnovers (not a good "key" if they turnover twice and we turnover 12 times).

Out of those scenarios, I think if Grossman turns the ball over, we have the best chance to win. We must win the turnover battle to have a chance.

I discount if WM runs for over 120 yards because he ran for 150 against the Jets and we still lost. Why did we lose? Because we lost the TO battle. Ahman Green rushed for over 110 yards against the Bears and GB got beat by 30+ points, so high rushing yards by our premier back is not indicative of victory.

In my opinion winning this game is all about controlling the run. I won't even say we need to "stop" the run, just keep it under control, because thats the best I can hope for. We can't eat up clock and control the game if its their offense thats always on the field.

That said, I voted for the special teams. Them getting a TD and forcing a turnover would be huge, and unfortunately 'holding Chicago to 70 yards on the ground' wasn't an option.

'holding Chicago to 70 yards on the ground' wasn't an option.

797753[/snapback]

It really didn't jump out at me as a primary key to the game- the Bears are #21 rushing leaguewide as a team and don't even average 100 yards a game. The season for them has relied pretty heavily on Mr. Grossman's arm, and I can't think of a "youthful" QB who didn't have a major letdown game early in his first starting season. After giving fits to much more established QBs than he, I have to guess the key to us lies somewhere in bursting the little bubble the media are blowing wind into for Grossman.

If Willis can get over 100 yards, I'd say we have a good chance. One, or even two turnovers by the Bears is important, but probably not enough.

797780[/snapback]

I was thinking about putting two turnovers but how many times has it boiled down to this team creating turnovers but it not being enough for the win?

Where's the Hell Freezing over option? I honestly think the bills are a year away from beating a team of the bears caliber

797850[/snapback]

Agreed. But isn't it sometimes fun to have false hopes in order to get you through until that time that is still a year away?

It won't be just one option, that is for sure! However, the special teams scoring and creating a turnover, along with a career day from Lee Evans might get the "W", IMO. Willis McGahee getting another 25+ carries will help immensely, too!!

It won't be just one option, that is for sure! However, the special teams scoring and creating a turnover, along with a career day from Lee Evans might get the "W", IMO. Willis McGahee getting another 25+ carries will help immensely, too!!

797867[/snapback]

Wow. I think you just described what every single football team strives for going into a game. Where did you come up with this brilliance.

Not to insult. Just tired.

It really didn't jump out at me as a primary key to the game- the Bears are #21 rushing leaguewide as a team and don't even average 100 yards a game. The season for them has relied pretty heavily on Mr. Grossman's arm, and I can't think of a "youthful" QB who didn't have a major letdown game early in his first starting season. After giving fits to much more established QBs than he, I have to guess the key to us lies somewhere in bursting the little bubble the media are blowing wind into for Grossman.

797777[/snapback]

I'm with you. I think that our DTs provide WAY more pressure than they did last season, and this is helping the DEs. Getting to Grossman is far from impossible.

Triplett doesn't have big numbers, but I love the job he is doing at crashing the middle on passing downs.

I think that Ruben was done when he left Buffalo, and see no reason why they can't pressure him inside.

As far as our offense, I think we will have a hard time running the football unless JP loosens up the defense. This would obviously call for pass protection.

It is amazing at how complicated, yet simple football is. I will always believe that most games come down to which big guys dominate. Because of the great NFL Salary Cap system, teams are closer in terms of talent, so coaching matters a lot as well; seemingly more than it did in the past.

A win tomorrow is a longshot no doubt, but with hope I remain.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something to consider when speaking of JP "loosening up a defense" or pressuring Grossman:

JP Losman has been sacked 11 times so far this season.

Rex Grossman has been sacked 3 times so far this season.

The Buffalo Bills have recorded 11 sacks so far this season.

Da Bears have recorded 15 sacks so far this season, 11 of them have been at Soldier Field. 14 of them have been made by the D's front four.

I know, I know...

Da Bears are playing against such weak opponents in the wimpy NFC while the Bills have been facing much stronger opponents in the oh-so-much-tougher AFC... :lol:

We'll see this Sunday at Soldier Field. :D

BEAR DOWN!!!

Something to consider when speaking of JP "loosening up a defense" or pressuring Grossman:

JP Losman has been sacked 11 times so far this season.

Rex Grossman has been sacked 3 times so far this season.

The Buffalo Bills have recorded 11 sacks so far this season.

Da Bears have recorded 15 sacks so far this season, 11 of them have been at Soldier Field.  14 of them have been made by the D's front four.

BEAR DOWN!!!

797900[/snapback]

Yup, and while JP's sack count has been pretty consistent game-to-game, 10 of the 11 Bills' defense's sacks have been made on the road... :lol:

And I believe the point was if JP can loosen up the defense, we have a better shot, not JP will loosen up the defense...

Should be a fun one tomorrow.

The best answer from the choices above is clearly Lee Evans has a career day receiving if you ask me. Lee had 117 yards receiving and 3 TDs against miami last year. If he tops that, we'll have at least 21 points. I'm not too scared of the Bears offense. If we score 21 or more, we have a very good chance or winning.