For the few who still think Fox is . . .

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Okay, I admit I've had a few beers so my judgement may be clouded

But the fact that blzrul said something that actually made sense to me is frightening.  If anyone has a gun, please kill me and put me out of my misery

796805[/snapback]

She does that about once every ten or twenty posts. It's disorienting, I know...

Man, do you get a lot of dirt in your ears when you stick your head in the sand?

796091[/snapback]

As opposed to getting your panties in a wad over nothing? Dude, it's concentrating on craptacular stuff like this instead of what the GOVERNMENT is doing that allows them to get away with it.

They'd like to thank you for making their job easier.

Newsflash: All "big box" media bad.

As opposed to getting your panties in a wad over nothing?  Dude, it's concentrating on craptacular stuff like this instead of what the GOVERNMENT is doing that allows them to get away with it.

They'd like to thank you for making their job easier.

Newsflash:  All "big box" media bad.

796893[/snapback]

Yep, I am focused entirely on this picture of Foley and losing the larger picture. :D

Yes, I agree that all cable 24 hour news outlets are bad - but most of their reporting goofs are just that - goofs. This, after being repeated three times, is a blatent effort to dis-inform. That raises Orwellian concerns that this outlet is the propaganda arm of this government (which many thought before).

Yep, I am focused entirely on this picture of Foley and losing the larger picture.  :devil:

Yes, I agree that all cable 24 hour news outlets are bad - but most of their reporting goofs are just that - goofs. This, after being repeated three times, is a blatent effort to dis-inform. That raises Orwellian concerns that this outlet is the propaganda arm of this government (which many thought before).

796956[/snapback]

:lol: Overreact much?

They all blatantly misinform. This is pretty tame as far as those things go.

That raises Orwellian concerns that this outlet is the propaganda arm of this government (which many thought before).

796956[/snapback]

The problem with conspiracy theories like this is that they're predicated on a whole bunch of people involved to be endlessly clever.

I think you'll find that the facts usually fit just as well if not better if you assume that everyone involved to be endlessly stupid, as well.

Yep, I am focused entirely on this picture of Foley and losing the larger picture.  :devil:

796956[/snapback]

Horse crap. Lemming.

796956[/snapback]

http://www.cnn.com/video/partners/clickabi...ley.follies.cnn

This to me seems to be more of a news media propaganda video. Of course, since it's from your favorite source, you probably wouldn't agree.

Again, what is wrong with biased reporting?

Be it Fox, ABC or whoever...

I always had heartburn with Cronkite knowing that he was a flaming lib and the way he presented the news...

Was it because the medium was new (TV)?...

Why has this concept of playing the "middle" become so widely accepted during the last century?

With a lot of different avenues to get news out there, polarization will take place... That is not necesarily a bad thing.

I always had heartburn with Cronkite knowing that he was a flaming lib and the way he presented the news...

Why has this concept of playing the "middle" become so widely accepted during the last century?

With a lot of different avenues to get news out there, polarization will take place... That is not necesarily a bad thing.

797579[/snapback]

NOthing bad with biased - just be up front with it. Don't say your "fair and balanced."

However, bias is not the problem I have with the picture. Lying is the problem I have. The stupid CNN article posted by VABills was not lying.

NOthing bad with biased - just be up front with it. Don't say your "fair and balanced."

However, bias is not the problem I have with the picture. Lying is the problem I have. The stupid CNN article posted by VABills was not lying.

797700[/snapback]

"Fair and Balanced" does not mean "Truthful and Accurate".

Really, the problem seems to be less Fox's and more yours: you expect them to hold to a standard they just can't meet. FoxSnooze is what it is: incompetent, unprofessional bull sh--.

797579[/snapback]

Since we have a limited amount of time to get our news, and since most American's get their news from one source (say Network News, Cable News, Newspaper, etc), its a bad thing that they aren't attempting to play the middle.

Now, in an ideal world, where there was unlimited time and resources, it wouldn't necessarily be bad, because you would have different viewpoints to turn to.

"Fair and Balanced" does not mean "Truthful and Accurate". 

Really, the problem seems to be less Fox's and more yours: you expect them to hold to a standard they just can't meet.  FoxSnooze is what it is: incompetent, unprofessional bull sh--.

797757[/snapback]

But it is more competent and professional BS than what is on the other stations :lol:

But it is more competent and professional BS than what is on the other stations :lol:

797814[/snapback]

No its not.

You've got freaking pundits reading news stories on Fox.

Network news is a helluva lot more professional then that.

Speaking of which, the Daily Show had a great bit on the question mark and the cavuto. You can watch it here.