Mort and TD

Kevin Detriot, MI: Mort, the Lions have one of the easiest schedules but they are still not int the win column, do you see any improvement or is still the same old lions. Go Tigers!!!!!1

Chris Mortensen: (11:39 AM ET ) I see the offensse improving but the defense sliding some and I'm not sure why except that everything is new. I honestly believe there is hope for the Lions but it has to be frustrating for all the great fans up there. I believe in Marinelli. I think the personnel department should go out and hire another guy (Tom Donohoe comes to mind).

I agree with him..when a fanbase feels alienated and disconnected with its football team the #1 cure is to bring in Donahoe..errr ummm

795087[/snapback]

Or, to put it another way, if you're looking for a way for your fanbase to feel grateful that Matt Millen is calling the shots...

I agree with him..when a fanbase feels alienated and disconnected with its football team the #1 cure is to bring in Donahoe..errr ummm

795087[/snapback]

Who needs Monster.com when you've got the boys at ESPN tongue bathing you...

Kevin Detriot, MI: Mort, the Lions have one of the easiest schedules but they are still not int the win column, do you see any improvement or is still the same old lions. Go Tigers!!!!!1

Chris Mortensen: (11:39 AM ET ) I see the offensse improving but the defense sliding some and I'm not sure why except that everything is new. I honestly believe there is hope for the Lions but it has to be frustrating for all the great fans up there. I believe in Marinelli. I think the personnel department should go out and hire another guy (Tom Donohoe comes to mind).

795068[/snapback]

My understanding is that Detroit has an old school owner(Ford) who is close with Wilson.

Something tells me that Wilson would have a hard time putting in a good word for old whitey.

I can just see Simon typing up a frothing, incoherent response to this post.

795094[/snapback]

Yes, because all my posts are invective-laced emotional rants with no supportive reasoning behind them. I can only hope that someday I will be able to employ rational thought and reasoning in my comments while avoiding the type of hyperbolic drama queen overstatements which you have always so skillfully avoided. :rolleyes:

795068[/snapback]

Donahoe, in a job interview, will be able to point to the recent success of some of his Bills draft choices. He can throw Malarkey and his assistants under the bus somewhat and talk about how he was handcuffed by the salary cap early in his Bill's tenure. He can point to some aging veterans on the Bills whose performance declined, notably Bledsoe. He can relate to some success in Pittsburgh.

I'm not defending him at all, but I do think he'll put himself in a good position to be an NFL GM again. He's got a teflon quality about him.

Yes, because all my posts are invective-laced emotional rants with no supportive reasoning behind them. I can only hope that someday I will be able to employ rational thought and reasoning in my comments while avoiding the type of hyperbolic drama queen overstatements which you have always so skillfully avoided.  :P

795289[/snapback]

Case in point.

:rolleyes:

I'd say TD could definitely help the Lions out, at least in the short term. The tricky thing would be to limit the scope of his powers to strictly player personnel and bring in a guy (or gal) to see to the administration. I think where he went wrong in Buffalo was trying to oversee every little detail of the team. Anyone who would deny that he's an improvement over Matt Millen is either abusing drugs or delusional with a personal vendetta against the man.

Donahoe's only sin is that the Bills never made the playoffs under his tenure, truly a cardinal sin to the fans, but I don't think he ever made a move that he didn't think would benefit the Bills. When he took over there was crisis after crisis with the Bills, from salary cap hell to QB issues and lest we forget a growing apathy from the fanbase. At the end of the day, he left the team better than when he found it...

I'd say TD could definitely help the Lions out, at least in the short term. The tricky thing would be to limit the scope of his powers to strictly player personnel and bring in a guy (or gal) to see to the administration. I think where he went wrong in Buffalo was trying to oversee every little detail of the team. Anyone who would deny that he's an improvement over Matt Millen is either abusing drugs or delusional with a personal vendetta against the man.

Donahoe's only sin is that the Bills never made the playoffs under his tenure, truly a cardinal sin to the fans, but I don't think he ever made a move that he didn't think would benefit the Bills. When he took over there was crisis after crisis with the Bills, from salary cap hell to QB issues and lest we forget a growing apathy from the fanbase. At the end of the day, he left the team better than when he found it...

795358[/snapback]

That's like saying spraying Febreeze on a turd is leaving it better than you found it.