Sun Times writer mocks the Bills

1billsfan

I'm in Chicago, and the Sun Times is garbage.

Bills will indeed have problems scoring, yet so will the Bears. This guy kind of attempts to insult the Bills, which is uncalled for.

I will be there bombed, in a McGahee jersey, singing "We're Talkin Proud, and Shout" regardless of the outcome.

GO BILLS!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not be surprised if a big factor in this game is Jauron having saved up siome special surprises to use against the team that fired him.

As both teams have a pretty good and an extraordinary D I expect this game to be low scoring. This plays to the Bills advantage as the key for them playing a better team on the road is to hang around, and hang around and hang around and then hope to get or make a big break. Generally in the past, Chicago has not been a team which simply hangs it on an opponent.

However, this is a different Chicago squad than most recent versions of the team because Grossman has escaped injury this year and he is playing well. I think the key will a Bills D which has been wellpcoached by Fewell which if they get or already respect Jauron enough to give themselves special motivation to win one for the old man this could be a surprising trap game.

I think that the usual hyper marketing of the QB in the NFL has fooled folks into seeing extraordinary play from JP as the key to this game. In fact, Fairchild/Fewell have managed JP well so far this season by getting him to emphasize no trying so hard unless he forced to by the other team. We saw him succumb to the pressure of trying to win the game on his own against NYJ and the results were his first INT and a couple of other turnovers by him,

If Jauron lobs in a few special schemes for the the Bears amd the team is motivated or is self0motivated to play above their heads, this could well be a trap game for the Bears, I would not say this is likely but it is certainly quite possible on Sunday.

Poor Brad, he doesn't realize the Bears are going to finally play a team without a hand tied behind it's back on offense.

Which of our hands isn't tied behind our backs on offense? Our running game is good between the 20's and while JP is improved our pass protection isn't anything to write home about. I certainly wouldn't consider our offense to be "test" for anyone. If we're going to win this game it's going to have to be an ugly win because we aren't going to be putting up big numbers.

A win will be like 9-7 or 13-10 because our defense plays out of it's mind and/or Grossman decides to be terrible this week. We need the defense and special teams to get us field position all day long so we can at least kick field goals. Turnovers will be huge. If the BEars give it away we can sneak out with a win, if we force no turnovers we're in trouble. We haven't 3 and outed many people this year which has backed up our offense most of the time.

A loss on the other hand will likely be out of hand, if we get behind by more than 7 points in the first half the bears will win be more than 20. We'll have to pass and you can't be one-dimensional against a defense that good.

Bills 24 Bears 19.

794821[/snapback]

I take it the Bills are returning a punt and a kickoff for TDs in that scenerio? Or perhaps a few INTs returned for TDs?

Of course it's possible that the Bills O could put up 24 points against a D that has allowed 29 in four games but I just don't see it. Of course, that's why they play the games.

Actually, the angel did say it was two offensive touchdowns. One a long pass that actually connects (She was unclear whether it was Evans, Parrish or Price). There is a touchdown from other than the offense (Special teams? Whitner? Fletcher?) the safety is going to really piss a bunch of us off and it will be a great comeback drive for the win. But hey...she's only and angel. Now if GOD will only appear and confirm. I'd like the passing and rushing stats too..but I don't want to piss the big guy (or girl) off.

I'd consider us lucky to get one touchdown. I'm thinking 9 or 12 points. Maybe 15 if we get an extra turnover. A defensive touchdown would be sweet.

794504[/snapback]

May be the ST comes to play and gives us a STs TD.

on any given sunday........................................

794445[/snapback]

THANK YOU. This is NFL here. Every player, like it or not, is a professional, is talented, athletic and CAN PLAY.

Furthermore, the offense isn't the only unit capable of getting a TD...Defense? Special teams? Why is everyone ruled them out. I believe they can be the game changer this week.

The Vikes gave the Bills two gifts on Sunday. A stop on third and short. Then a breakdown on a busted play. I don't see the Bears being in that giving of a mood on Sunday.

The Bears are physical. It's not a good fit for a smallish Bills defensive line and a QB who doesn't thrive under pressure.  :rolleyes:

794439[/snapback]

Heh? doesn't thrive under pressure? JP was under pressure all last week. And gifts? How about the Bills just outplayed the Vikes. 'nuff said.

The Bills have had a good number of long drives. I believe they are something like +2 in turnovers, and other than the one in the NYJ game, I think they have more or less weathered the other ones. Not sure...I don't see their games.

They faced 2 decent qb's in the two losses - 2 point win by NE, 8 by NYJ.

They are playing pretty good football...

I would not be surprised if a big factor in this game is Jauron having saved up siome special surprises to use against the team that fired him.

794634[/snapback]

Man, I hope not. Line up and play the game. If we're not good enough yet, lets find out who is holding us back.

We are not going to outsmart the Bears and I don't want the team spending time in practise this week working on trick plays.

Personally, I believe Lindell and Moorman are going to earn their money this week and we have a chance to pull out a low-scoring win playing field-position football.

The Bears are good, but we are only going into week 5 and Chicago is already annointing the Bears as Super Bowl champs. Hey, you never know what can happen. The Bears may be overlooking the Bills.

The Bears are good, but we are only going into week 5 and Chicago is already annointing the Bears as Super Bowl champs. Hey, you never know what can happen. The Bears may be overlooking the Bills.

795070[/snapback]

EXACTLY!!! I actually heard some announcer on Sirius (Announcer..not caller!) trying to say this team was better than the 85 Bears-one of the greatest teams in NFL history!!! Geez ...and after only four games. I think the Bears will come into the stadium on Sunday on a huge pedestal.

This game reminds me of the Tampa game from last season, just a couple of weeks later on the schedule -- on the road in a tough environment against a league-leading defense. The Bills made a game of it for a while against the Bucs, but Mularkey played too fast and loose with JP when Tampa put us against our goal-line and he took a safety that turned the momentum of the game. We need Takeo back and a solid effort from the O-line to take pressure off of JP/WM if we're going to pull this one out. A-Train and DJ should have some motiviation, hopefully they get the team fired up.

Which of our hands isn't tied behind our backs on offense?  Our running game is good between the 20's and while JP is improved our pass protection isn't anything to write home about.  I certainly wouldn't consider our offense to be "test" for anyone.

794809[/snapback]

Last two games:

Losman (who currently has a 90.7 passer rating) - 550 yards passing

McGahee (who currently leads the league overall) - 228 yards rushing

Evans (is best receiver the Bears will have faced) - 197 receiving

So neither of our hands are tied behind our back and we'll be the first team with a balanced offesive attack to go up against the Bears. None of the teams that Chicago has played compares to what the Bills will be bringing to the field on Sunday. I stand by my point that this will be the Bears the first true test of the season. Do the Bills still have to figure out how to translate yards into more points? Sure they do, but they also have been able to win games by holding onto the ball and moving the chains. I'm sure the Bears will be more than capable of holding the Bills in check for most of the game, but please don't tell me the Bills are lacking offensive firepower. They can be dangerous, especially for a team that may be taking them lightly.

Bills fans suck. You included.

794923[/snapback]

I said he was dreaming, but I didn't say there was anything wrong with that. Dream on, my friend. Trust me when I say I Billieve every bit as much as you do. Unfortunately I happen to be of the opinion that we'll have to try to win this thing with only one offensive touchdown, but I could be wrong. As so many have already said in this thread, "on any given sunday..."