FOX broadcast

Very, very glad that we came out with a win in the kind of game in which we usually find ways to lose.

The broadcast sucked, however. First of all, all the shots were close-ups. None of the crowd at all. You could hardly tell this was a sellout crowd of over 70,000 people who were there until the end. The sound was terrible. I could again hardly tell a crowd existed. Whenever I changed to another football game I had to turn the volume way down.

And Terry Donahue sounds like Kirk van Houten from the Simpsons. I was waiting for him to break out into "Can I Borrow a Feeling?" Replays on the incessant penalties were minimal and unhelpful. The analysis of the bull sh-- interference with fair-catch call was dead wrong, of course.

A little thing to vent about, but annoying. I guess I'm glad it's at least available to watch.

Very, very glad that we came out with a win in the kind of game in which we usually find ways to lose.

The broadcast sucked, however.  First of all, all the shots were close-ups.  None of the crowd at all.  You could hardly tell this was a sellout crowd of over 70,000 people who were there until the end.  The sound was terrible.  I could again hardly tell a crowd existed.  Whenever I changed to another football game I had to turn the volume way down.

And Terry Donahue sounds like Kirk van Houten from the Simpsons.  I was waiting for him to break out into "Can I Borrow a Feeling?"  Replays on the incessant penalties were minimal and unhelpful.  The analysis of the bull sh-- interference with fair-catch call was dead wrong, of course.

A little thing to vent about, but annoying.  I guess I'm glad it's at least available to watch.

791739[/snapback]

My favorite comment...when JP drew the guy offsides (and he leaped over the line) the color commentator goes....

"That was just like a beer commercial".... :doh:

I was just waiting for a Major Leage-esque comment: "Dynamite drop in, Marty! That color commentatitng school has really paid off!"

Yeah what was with that fair catch deal? I thought it was a chickensh!t call myself.

The announcers were bad, but I'll take them over any combination that includes Randy Cross.

I hope that you're right about the sound being bad - otherwise our fans came up small.

For those of you that do not know this, it is my recollection that Pitts grew up in Buffalo and played high school football there while his father coached for the Bills.

791750[/snapback]

Yeah. I was surprised he let two Norwood jokes happen then. But sometimes it seems like the guys who might have a Buffalo bias go completely the other way to maintain an image of neutrality. He was not so bad. It was more the coverage, sound, and T. Donahue on color that were lacking. Plus a billion commercials in the first half.

yeah terry Donahue did suck, first time Ive heard him call a game

I noticed the sound was low as well but the picture looked great, I love that they have been broadcast in HD in all 4 games so far and next week is scheduled to be in HD as well

And Terry Donahue sounds like Kirk van Houten from the Simpsons.  I was waiting for him to break out into "Can I Borrow a Feeling?" 

791739[/snapback]

:doh:B-):lol:

Not sure how many other people are going to get that reference but that was hilarious. You think Millhouse was there?

It was more the coverage, sound, and T. Donahue on color that were lacking.  Plus a billion commercials in the first half.

791753[/snapback]

The sound was horrible. I could especially tell how bad the sound was when I changed the channel during commercial breaks to check out other games.

The sound was horrible.  I could especially tell how bad the sound was when I changed the channel during commercial breaks to check out other games.

791773[/snapback]

Whilst flipping around during commercials and slow spots, I noticed that the sound in the Dal-Ten and Car-NO games were also a little off. I don't know what was up with Fox today especially as far as crowd noise goes but it wasn't great.

C'mon Donahue didn't suck, he was ordinary. That is a step above most weeks. In theory, he is a bright guy ( AD at UCLA, successor to Walsh in San Fran) but where did he come from, broadcasting-wise ? He sounded like Barry Switzer at times...

Fox has gone really downhill in their broadcasts this season. I saw some of the same things with the Browns-Saints game in Week 1.

And the pregame show, moving to different locales every week, is now so bad I watch James Brown and the CBS crew.

And I never thought I'd say that.

Guess I was watching a different game than everyone else because I thought Donahue did a really nice job. He had positive words for Losman and the Bills, and wasn't biased about either side. Pitts is so-so; the amount of commercials was vomit-inducing, however.

I think everyone knew it was going to be a bad game (the commentary and fox) when they had a grphic and pitts saying how DJ was the second year coach for the bills. Then later in the game they were doing a piece on all the Ohio St players in the game and they said ashton youboty was a buckeye from 2000 - 2003. But Fox only gets 2 Bills games a year so i dont think they really care.

In theory, he is a bright guy ( AD at UCLA, successor to Walsh in San Fran) but where did he come from, broadcasting-wise ?

He was CBS' #1 college football analyst in between coaching UCLA and joining the 49ers front office. He'll be doing the BCS Title Game for FOX this year