Sleepover at Ink's crib

inkman

So, like all 10 year olds, my step-son wanted to have a sleep over last night. My wife and I usually don't have too much of a problem with this. It usually just means a little extra noise and snacking, which is all good. Except this time, it came with a bonus for the Inkman and Mrs. Ink.

Initially, little Ink had two friends over and they we're playing in his room. Upon the group of friends passing through living room, I noticed that all too familiar stench of kid BO. It doesn't smell quite like adult BO, it has a nastier, in need of a shower type odor to it. I turned to my wife and whispered, " one of those kids reeks".

Having already schooled little Ink about deodorant, showers and smelling good; I was confident he wasn't the culprit. At this point, knowing it was one of the two friends, we needed to take action. Initially we sprayed the rooms with FaBreeze, which worked for about 5 min. So action was needed.

We called out our kid in order to help act out our master plan. We told him of the situation, and after laughing for 5 min, we enlisted him as a anti-BO fighter. Upon entering his room, he tells his friends that one of them smell, much to my horror. I thought for sure he was going to offend someone.

Little did I know that a Tag body spray/deodorant fight breaks out covering all the boys with a pleasant smell as well as masking the nasty BO smell within the rooms. So I guess in the end telling someone about their BO and blasting them with doedorant is the best approach to ridding my vicinity of foul smelling people. Maybe I can try this appraoch at work. :D

Funny story. But serioulsy and this is no joke. The company I work for hires foreigners from Europe to South America pretty much on a regular basis. They're students, smart people and are here in the US to earn extra money for tuition. There has been a couple of circumstances where I have had to pulll them aside and tell them, (grown men) look it's everybodies responsibility to wear deodorant. My question is, can't they fuggin smell it themselves? I know when I need it.

I work with a lot of, shall we say, undesireable types. They come into work, no shower, no deo, just plain ass stinkin. After 12 hours working in 120 degree heat, walking near them makes you want to hurl. I avoid contact with these people as much as possible. You would think working in a food production environment, some sort of hygeine stipulation would be in order but the BO fest continues.

I work with a lot of, shall we say, undesireable types.  They come into work, no shower, no deo, just plain ass stinkin.  After 12 hours working in 120 degree heat, walking near them makes you want to hurl.  I avoid contact with these people as much as possible.  You would think working in a food production environment, some sort of hygeine stipulation would be in order but the BO fest continues.

790610[/snapback]

Ok so we do the same kind of work. You get it then.

I work with a lot of, shall we say, undesireable types.  They come into work, no shower, no deo, just plain ass stinkin.  After 12 hours working in 120 degree heat, walking near them makes you want to hurl.  I avoid contact with these people as much as possible.  You would think working in a food production environment, some sort of hygeine stipulation would be in order but the BO fest continues.

790610[/snapback]

Spinach baggers?

Funny story.  But serioulsy and this is no joke.  The company I work for hires foreigners from Europe to South America pretty much on a regular basis.  They're students, smart people and are here in the US to earn extra money for tuition.  There has been a couple of circumstances where I have had to pulll them aside and tell them, (grown men) look it's everybodies responsibility to wear deodorant.  My question is, can't they fuggin smell it themselves?  I know when I need it.

790608[/snapback]

Sadly, its the truth. but certain areas just haven't caught on to that fad called deodorant. I have worked the past couple summers painting my campus w/ at least a couple interantional students. and for some reason, one or two of them just reek to hell and i can't figure out how they have been here for a couple years and not picked up on that. That said they produce the nastiest scent i can imagine, well with exception to sitting in a cave full of guano.

My daughters and I laughingly called it "boy" smell. After any youth sporting event, we'd pile the young boys in the car and would have to drive with the windows all the way open to avoid the smell. Sometimes it doesn't even matter if they showered that day or not.

But after raising two boys and having years of sleep overs, I know what you mean about those unwashed bodies. A lot of kids go through a very lazy stage where they'll go into the bathroom, run the shower and not get into it. Their parents think they've showered. I used to go into the bathroom and make sure my boys were actually in the shower.

I'm glad those years are over....

A comment on deodorant, etc.

There is a difference between keeping good hygiene, and human natural odor.

By all means, clean the genital areas (see the bidet).

But on a clean body, the natural secretions - the pherenomes - are part of the natural allure between the sexes. A sweaty woman is...tantalizing.

I see this fad of spraying onself with "Tag" as yet another marketing ploy. We have all sat in an eatery, or an office, eyes blistering because of the over-perfumed. Not very appealing. Carcinogenic hexachlorophene soap was the big thing when I was young. Smelled good, though... :D

I prefer to smell my fellow citizens in their natural state.

0:)

When I was house shopping 4 years ago, I went into this one place. At 1st I noticed something wasn't right, but I pressed on. About 5 minutes into the tour, I started to get nauseous. Finally, I couldn't take it any more and I ran outside and started dry heaving in the front lawn!

I yelled inside that I had to leave and I drove as fast as I could to Target. The smell was in my nose and it wouldn't leave. I went to the bath aisle and started putting all the fragrant soaps and stuff to my nose to try and clear the smell out.

Just talking about it several months afterwards made me gag as I could still "smell" it in my mind.

This sounds racist.  Trust me, I'm the authority.  0:)

793250[/snapback]

Lest anyone get the wrong idea, I removed that reference. However, it is what it is... that place stank like no other place I have ever been in.