Which ESPN Radio show is your favorite one

which show to you like the best?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. which show to you like the best?

• Mike and Mike In The Morning (6:00a.m. - 10:00a.m.)
    • The Herd (10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
    • The Dan Patrick Show (1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
    • The Sportsbash (4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
    • Gamenight (7:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.)
    • All Night (1:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m.)
    • Others

"None of the above" counts as "Other", right? Just checking.

:D

Okay, seriously. Mike+Mike aren't too bad. Cowherd is unlistenable; Mondays, when GR preempts his show for Brad's 'Extra Point', are my favorite listening day of the week.

Wish I got a chance to listen to Patrick more often, but I'm not in the car very often when he's on (and I'm too lazy to keep ferrying the Sirius gear back and forth)...

This thread reminds me, I still have to go check out this morning's Smerlas /Simon lovefest. Didn't leave work until it was over, so all I caught was Howard plugging the Audio Vault version of "the lunacy of Fred Smerlas". Sounded like fun...

Mike & Mike--superficial analysis and obnoxiousness

Colin Cowherd--blowhard who makes every minute sports item into some over generalized rant about how to live life or how things have changed and people should get with it.

Dan Patrick--spend 3 hours overanalyzing TO, Barry Bonds or some little league team in Idaho.

Sports Bash--flip/flopper

Me: loser for listening to these shows as I drive or when I need background noise.

The only good thing about ESPN radio was Tony Kornheiser, and he's long gone. Bob Valvano also used to have a decent late night show, but I think he only does it on the weekends now.

Mike & Mike are brutal and Cowherd is insufferable, but for me the absolute worst is the Gamenight crew. Freddie Coleman should not be on the radio.

Lay off Cowherd. His "spanning the globe" or whatever callouts he does easily balance out his attempts to be the "young Kornheiser". Blame Tony K for these characters sharing their non sports life opinions. For better or worse, the E in ESPN stands for entertainment.

I don't have a true favorite.  It's a dead tie between The Sportsbash and Mike and Mike In The Morning.  I love listening to both those shows.  Both of them are great. :D

790407[/snapback]

Sometimes I listen to Gamenight on the weekends and it's decent. Pretty much every other time I listen to ESPN Radio, though, it's been a complete disaster.

And if I found out that I would be forced to listen to Colin Cowherd for three hours every day for the rest of my life, I'd be on my way to Wal-Mart right now to pick up the rifle I'd use to kill myself. Holy ****, that guy is so terrible he actually makes me like sports less in general.

Dan Patrick is insufferable now that half the show is about Olbermann's politics.

790713[/snapback]

Well, Olbermann wasn't content just making his own show terrible.

I will say Dan Patrick, and that is only because his show airs the same time as the even more insufferable Jim Rome, on our local sports talk affiliate...and, surprise, I kinda like Olberman...I like his MSNBC show more though...ESPN was wise to get rid of Todd Wright on their overnight, but they still have a lot of house cleaning to do...we get FOX and ESPN in Austin, and for the synicated shows, I actually prefer FOX (something I have a hard time seeing myself type), but for the local broadcasts, I prefer ESPN...

...we get FOX and ESPN in Austin, and for the synicated shows, I actually prefer FOX (something I have a hard time seeing myself type), but for the local broadcasts, I prefer ESPN...

790844[/snapback]

Tony Bruno still on FOX ? He would be yet another "insufferable" type if still on ESPN but he does have some appeal. The goofiest thing I ever did see was the premiere of ESPN 2 -- Suzy Kolber , Bruno and Olberman in black leather jackets behind the desk. The look screamed " the future" (if the future was supposed to look like the anchor desk in a Robocop movie). This, to introduce the world to lumberjack contests and street luge.