P-Diddy

CosmicBills

Pat Williams returns to Buffalo. I don't know about you, but I am going to cheer him (if) he is introduced. He is still one of my favorites of the recent Bills teams.

My loyalty is to the laundry of course, but P-Diddy is one guy I really love to watch play. Though I know some fans are planning on booing him for leaving town -- I won't be one of them.

What say you?

What about Antoine Winfield?

787879[/snapback]

Good point. I left him off, not intentionally though.

I respect him a ton, and feel he is a very good CB, but he never connected with me in terms of on and off the field personality as P-Diddy did. At camp and during the season, P-Diddy was just fun to watch and talk to. He seemed to really love Buffalo, care about the team and fans.

Not that Antoine didn't, he might have, his personality just wasn't as big as Williams'. JMO though.

I will absolutley cheer him. One of my recent favorates. Imagine our D if he was in the rotation right now? Don't give me any of that he wouldn't fit the scheme crap either. It comes down to players more than schemes in the end and Pat would look way better than Tim "the stiff" Anderson at that spot. Go Bills and Go Pat!

What about Antoine Winfield?

787879[/snapback]

Wilfield is probably my favorite Bill since the early 90s. I just love watching the guy play. He lays it all out there on every single play and was vastly underated as a cover corner because of his size. I thought he was a better corner than Nate when he left and I think he still is.

Wilfield is probably my favorite Bill since the early 90s.  I just love watching the guy play.  He lays it all out there on every single play and was vastly underated as a cover corner because of his size.  I thought he was a better corner than Nate when he left and I think he still is.

788274[/snapback]

Clements may have better hands than Antoine (more ints) but that is where it ends. Winfield is just as good a coverage guy and is probably one of the best tackling corners in the nfl. He was one of my favorite Bills while he was on the team it's a shame he and Pat left Buffalo but unfortunately that's the way the business is.

That being said, I'll applaud the two of them when they're introduced and then hope they both have off days on Sunday...

Clements may have better hands than Antoine (more ints) but that is where it ends. Winfield is just as good a coverage guy and is probably one of the best tackling corners in the nfl.  He was one of my favorite Bills while he was on the team it's a shame he and Pat left Buffalo but unfortunately that's the way the business is.

That being said, I'll applaud the two of them when they're introduced and then hope they both have off days on Sunday...

788982[/snapback]

Osoally it seems to ne the habit of some of the loudest typers on TSW to really rag on any Bill who has left the team as though they were spurned by a lover. However, I think folks are so long starved for having anything to cheer about by the general wasteland of the TD era and they are disappointed in the current team but it is tough to be pissed at them as though they are not good they do seem to be getting better.

Thus I think most folks will cheer for Phat Pat as a way to vent feelings which are held in check.

Cheering for him will serve a number of different purposes for folks football souls,

I'll gladly cheer him on one condition.

You must promise not to call him P-Diddy ever again.........

789050[/snapback]

Yes, it is just Diddy now. :blink:

Fans need to remember that for the players it is a career - usually a short career. So it is about the money. As long as a player does not leave and then trash talk Buffalo, I let it go...