Extremely Disappointed

I know the game is being dissected in a bunch of other threads and frankly, I don't have it in me right now to get into the more "serious" stuff about the game, but I wanted to comment on the atmosphere in the game....This was my first home opener, and I was so disappointed with the crowd energy and enthusiasm.

I'm not trying to "call out the fans" or anything and it may have just been my section, but I really just thought the crowd was going to be rabid; especially on D. We were at about the 45 in the upper level, and there were only about 8 people in our section trying to make noise and get the crowd into it. My group (only 4) was definitely "festive" but not drunken, swearing, being disrespectful, etc., and literally we would be the only people standing and trying to make noise on third downs. I mean people were giving me looks for standing up and cheering loud on third down when the few people in front of me were doing the same. I dunno I just remember being a kid at the games and realizing that the Ralph was a TOUGH place to play on the road. I just expected a little more for the home opener.... :lol:

I know the game is being dissected in a bunch of other threads and frankly, I don't have it in me right now to get into the more "serious" stuff about the game, but I wanted to comment on the atmosphere in the game....This was my first home opener, and I was so disappointed with the crowd energy and enthusiasm.

I'm not trying to "call out the fans" or anything and it may have just been my section, but I really just thought the crowd was going to be rabid; especially on D. We were at about the 45 in the upper level, and there were only about 8 people in our section trying to make noise and get the crowd into it. My group (only 4) was definitely "festive" but not drunken, swearing, being disrespectful, etc., and literally we would be the only people standing and trying to make noise on third downs. I mean people were giving me looks for standing up and cheering loud on third down when the few people in front of me were doing the same. I dunno I just remember being a kid at the games and realizing that the Ralph was a TOUGH place to play on the road. I just expected a little more for the home opener.... :lol:

785036[/snapback]

I thought it seemed pretty subdued as well !

785036[/snapback]

I went to only one bills game in my life and was told off by some dumb broad because I was standing up and cheering.

From what I could tell, at least of the Rockpile section, there were 2-5 Jets fans per section. Not bad at all, but you could definitely pick them out as the Bills fans started to clear out in the 4th.

For the record, the weather was the worst during the game on the final possession - 10 minutes prior, the sun was out. Once the refs said that the on side kick call stood, the clouds rolled in, it started raining heavily (for about 5-10 minutes), and it got VERY windy.

785036[/snapback]

I didn't go today, but I've almost always felt the same way when visiting. I love going to watch the games in person. Seeing the live action and tailgating are amazing each time I get to do it, but "The Rich" just isn't an intimidating place to play anymore IMO. I've been to a bunch of opposing teams stadiums as a Bills fan and have gotten the stare down while cheering on my team, and I swear there are time I feel that same in in Buffalo. People stare at me like I'm nuts for standing and making noise on defense.

That part of the experience almost always dissapointed me.

I didn't go today, but I've almost always felt the same way when visiting.  I love going to watch the games in person.  Seeing the live action and tailgating are amazing each time I get to do it, but "The Rich" just isn't an intimidating place to play anymore IMO.  I've been to a bunch of opposing teams stadiums as a Bills fan and have gotten the stare down while cheering on my team, and I swear there are time I feel that same in in Buffalo.  People stare at me like I'm nuts for standing and making noise on defense.

That part of the experience almost always dissapointed me.

785052[/snapback]

Where the heck are you guys sitting? Ralph Wilson suite? I have never seen this happen before and I have been to A LOT of games. There was only one time, which was when I was in the Jim Kelly club (Or Van Miller, cant remember) that a fan was standing up opening kickoff and the other people didnt want them to stand up on opening kickoff. But other than that, I dunno.

Where the heck are you guys sitting? Ralph Wilson suite? I have never seen this happen before and I have been to A LOT of games. There was only one time, which was when I was in the Jim Kelly club (Or Van Miller, cant remember) that a fan was standing up opening kickoff and the other people didnt want them to stand up on opening kickoff. But other than that, I dunno.

785060[/snapback]

I've sat all over the stadium. Upper deck, 1st row, and random places in between and it's almost always been the same.

I keep saying almost because there was one game where I thought the crowd really got into the game. It was the Sunday night opener against Tenessee (I can't even remember the year now). Other than the consistent call for Flutie over and over again, the crowd was really into that game.

Keep in mind that I have only been to about a dozen games.

785060[/snapback]

I swear man there were probably 10 people or less in my section standing up on third downs..

I swear man there were probably 10 people or less in my section standing up on third downs..

785075[/snapback]

My mistake. I didnt realize standing makes more noise or supports the team better than sitting.

But anyway. I dont know what to tell you. I think the wind had a good deal to due with the noise today because my whole section was standing and screaming and the wind was drowning us out ...

My mistake. I didnt realize standing makes more noise or supports the team better than sitting.

But anyway. I dont know what to tell you. I think the wind had a good deal to due with the noise today because my whole section was standing and screaming and the wind was drowning us out ...

785081[/snapback]

Ok don't need to be a smart ass about it. Let me rephrase...My entire section made no noise and showed almost no enthusiasm during the game. It pissed me off.