What do you say to Jp after our loss to the Jets?

KW looks like sh-- now .

787777[/snapback]

I heard he got benched after a very bad performance against the Rams. I haven't watched him or followed the Rams' organization. Are there still coaches there from when Kurt was playing? If so, they might have known well how to exploit his weaknesses.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year it SEEMS like the team is progressing and so is Losman. He is throwing some good passes and he seems to be getting better and better. My only concern as far as his progression this year is the number of sacks he has taken and the number of fumbles he has had. 8 sacks for 62 yards and 3 fumbles after 3 games. Not what I would want but he is still getting better or so it appears.

787779[/snapback]

To perhaps put that into some perspective.

8 sacks is about league average at the moment(just over).

8 sacks is equal 18th....7 is equal 16th which is middle of the pack. With a learning QB & newly gelling OL I'd expects a sack or two more at this stage.

His 3 fumbles...2 lost.

Overall he has given away 3 turnovers.

There are 16 QBs so far who have turned the ball over at least 3 times.

6 QBs have lost 2 fumbles or more...

15 QBs have thrown for 3 or more INTs.

Personally I don't think his 'bad' statistics are anything to be overly worried about at this point....I expect him to be a bit worse than the average due to his experience and am pleased that he is performing within the average regarding 'mistake plays'.

Edited by Dibs

I would just like to see him hold on to the freakin ball.  And make a couple more pass plays at the end of a tight game.

787791[/snapback]

Re: the fumbling thing....time will tell won't it.

Re: pass plays at the end of a tight game.....he did last week.

3rd last drive...score NYJ 21 BUF 10....14:04 remaining

JPL 3 of 3 for 41yards(1 sack on the tricky play)...result...fieldgoal.

2nd last drive...score NYJ 28 BUF 13....3:12 remaining

JPL 3 of 6 for 46yards(1 sack, 2 1st down scrambles...1 for a TD)...result...TD

Last Drive....pooring rain & just aweful.

Honestly, if you were not impressed with him on the first 2 drives mentioned, you are a hard one to please.

You may want to re-examine your numbers. Looking at the play-by-play on NFL GSIS, I added up a grand total of 124 yards-after-catch. 328-124=204. 204 does NOT look similar to 83.

Just sayin'.

786919[/snapback]

Guys i cant believe your aguring this. did anyone everythink that with our speedy recivers wouldnt some plays be designed to have runs after the catch. hats off to jp for running the friggin gameplan, and cmpletiong his deep balls when asked. the kid played well and like every other qb in the league, made some mistakes get over it, i thought he looked a quality nfl starter. Go JP!

To perhaps put that into some perspective.

8 sacks is about league average at the moment(just over).

8 sacks is equal 18th....7 is equal 16th which is middle of the pack.  With a learning QB & newly gelling OL I'd expects a sack or two more at this stage.

His 3 fumbles...2 lost.

Overall he has given away 3 turnovers.

There are 16 QBs so far who have turned the ball over at least 3 times.

6 QBs have lost 2 fumbles or more...

15 QBs have thrown for 3 or more INTs.

Personally I don't think his 'bad' statistics are anything to be overly worried about at this point....I expect him to be a bit worse than the average due to his experience and am pleased that he is performing within the average regarding 'mistake plays'.

787788[/snapback]

Sorry If I wasnt quite clear in my previous post but that was the only statistic I was truly displeased with and it really has more to do with the yards lost than anything. That's indicative of pocket awareness IMO and should be calculated into the QB rating IMHO. Go back and add in RJs sacks to his QB rating with each sack as a pass attempt and deduct the yardage total from his passing yards. Then do the same for Doug Flutie and see who comes out on top.

Personally I am extremely happy with all our statistics and play so far this year when compared to last years averages and play. I actually was thinking 7-9 (with 4-12 more likely) was about the best we could do. Now I have nudged it up to conceivably 10-6 (8-8 more likely) if we go on a tear.

On a positive note I have been fairly pleased with Losman's attitude in his press conferences.

Go Bills

Sorry If I wasnt quite clear in my previous post but that was the only statistic I was truly displeased with and it really has more to do with the yards lost than anything. That's indicative of pocket awareness IMO and should be calculated into the QB rating IMHO. Go back and add in RJs sacks to his QB rating with each sack as a pass attempt and deduct the yardage total from his passing yards. Then do the same for Doug Flutie and see who comes out on top.

787806[/snapback]

I'm with you on the 'sacks should be used in the QBR' thing. It's a major aspect which often reflects QB ability but is often ignored.

One thing I just came across was C.Palmers stats so far this year.

4 INTs, 11 sacks, 2 fumbles(1 lost).

I think it goes to show that winning & TDs allow a lot of things to go ignored.

Hopefully in the future JP will be good enough for the majority to ignore the mistakes.

*please everyone, I'm not saying JP=CP & I'm not saying CP sux*

Food for thought:

Jimbo's clip for 1987 (NFL season #2 after two USFL campaigns) was

250-419 / 59.7% COMP / 2798 yds / 6.7 YPA / 19 TDs / 11 INTs / RAT 83.8

JP in 2006 projects to

256-421 / 3067yds / 60.8% COMP / 7.28 YPA / 11 TDs / 5 INTs / RAT 86.2

JP will probably have more TDs and INTs with more expected of him as the season wears on. Likely more yardage, too, though that's anybody's guess.

Other than those low numbers for each, his stats look comparable to Kelly's 12 game 1987 season.

Bear in mind this is Jim Kelly with three years of professional football under his belt, compared to Losman who has half of one season on the field behind him.

Think about it.

Bear in mind this is Jim Kelly with three years of professional football under his belt, compared to Losman who has half of one season on the field behind him.

Think about it.

787845[/snapback]

Thinking.....thinking....thinking....

3 years.....compared to 1/2 a year......same stats......got it!!!!!

;) Losman is going to be 6 times better than Kelly!!! ;)

:( that means he will lose....umm....6x4 is ummm....

That means Losman is going to lose 24 superbowls in a row. :(

;) that means he will lose....umm....6x4 is ummm....

That means Losman is going to lose 24 superbowls in a row. ;)

787854[/snapback]

Damn. But on the plus side, think of how many times he'll beat the Dolphins!

Thinking.....thinking....thinking....

3 years.....compared to 1/2 a year......same stats......got it!!!!!

;) Losman is going to be 6 times better than Kelly!!! ;)

:( that means he will lose....umm....6x4 is ummm....

That means Losman is going to lose 24 superbowls in a row. :(

787854[/snapback]

Now there is some logic. :(

Let's see fans, can we handle 24 Super Bowl losses in a row? I think the physical city of Buffalo would probably implode if our Bills lost even just another 4 in a row.

Re: the fumbling thing....time will tell won't it.

Re: pass plays at the end of a tight game.....he did last week.

Well, you have to concede that the end of last week certainly constituted some mixed results. Yes, he did a great job on the TD drive, but after the onsides kick he was a complete disaster. I don't know if it was the rain, or if it was nerves, or what -but I think that any Bills fan would have hoped that that drive after the onsides kick would have gone a little better.

JDG