John Clayton = Genius?

I think its a legitimate discussion to have. First, he tells Schoop & The Bulldog before the Patriots game Buffalo had "no shot at all" at winning the game.

Then he writes Saban & Co. were going to take advantage of all of Losman's mistakes and come out with an easy victory before telling Schoop & The Bulldog he didn't see any way the Bills could possibly win.

Now he writes how the Bills have "a lot of holes and probably won't have a winning season."

Time for the Bills to show him up... again.

It's what happens when you have a journalist -- someone who is a good writer and has important contacts around the league -- but has absolutely no idea about the game of football itself. Given the inaccuracy of some of his recent predictions (not just about the quality of the Bills' football team), I have to wonder how valid his contacts actually are. To a certain extent, the same applies to Mort, although he seems to have more reliable sources and a greater integrity for when he reveals the information that he has received.

I love how the guy can never admit he's wrong, his predictions just take a little more time to develop. I've never subscribed to the notion that you have needed to play the game at the pro level to be a legit commentator on the sport, but he makes me ill and all I can think of I can't take this pipsqueak seriously. Where's Ogre when you need him.

Oh.. on the Thus/Friday before the regular season started, Clayton went on to dispel the rumors that Steve Smith would not play... he said something to the effect that "don't be fooled, there is no wa steve smith misses this game. he will play sunday".

way to go out on a limb and fall off the tree, moron.

JC can honestly be one of the most inaccurate reporters next to Mort that I have ever seen. He is the Corso of pro football. I honestly turn the channel everytime I see that morons face on ESPN.

782950[/snapback]

Honestly, I like watching Sean Salisbury make a fool out of him every time they go at it on ESPN. He not only shows him up with a knowledge of the game, but he drops a few personal shots in there as well.

Clayton also has the 2nd worst "Comb-Over" I've ever seen next to "The Donald". :D

Honestly, I like watching Sean Salisbury make a fool out of him every time they go at it on ESPN. He not only shows him up with a knowledge of the game, but he drops a few personal shots in there as well.

Clayton also has the 2nd worst "Comb-Over" I've ever seen next to "The Donald". :D

783166[/snapback]

Then you'll love this.