AH, yes, the New York Times.

Yeah, I didn't know Christ Villarrial was a two way player.

I don't know if you can call it a mistake per se, but while the article mentions Troy Vincent missed the Miami game, they mentioned nothing about him going on IR, leaving the reader to think he might be back at some point. And I recall when Ryan Denney came into the league, he was definitely NOT known for his speed. I don't know if that has changed.

Not to defend mistakes, but jesus, a positive article about us and even then can we find something to B word about.

782694[/snapback]

I am not a fan of the Times (at all), but I agree with you 100 percent here. But I also believe that bitching Bills fans are happy Bills fans.

:D

Lemme guess...the NYT can do no wrong, right?

782704[/snapback]

:w00t: Joe, either you much more of a reading master than I am or I need my eyes checked out, because on third look, that is clearly what I said. Sorry about that. I guess I need to really watch what I type.

I'm just remarking on all the "national media never pays attention to us!" and "we get no respect!" nonsense that passes for media criticism around here all the time, and pointing out that while there are some errors, it is on the whole a positive article for the Bills. If it's really riled you up that much, send them a nice long letter and they'll run a correction.

:D Joe, either you much more of a reading master than I am or I need my eyes checked out, because on third look, that is clearly what I said.  Sorry about that.  I guess I need to really watch what I type.

I'm just remarking on all the "national media never pays attention to us!" and "we get no respect!" nonsense that passes for media criticism around here all the time, and pointing out that while there are some errors, it is on the whole a positive article for the Bills.  If it's really riled you up that much, send them a nice long letter and they'll run a correction.

782728[/snapback]

No, you misunderstood me. I was mocking the NYT, not bitching about it. You'd think that ther paper with the largest budget in the USA would be able to afford a proofreader...

:w00t:

No, you misunderstood me. I was mocking the NYT, not bitching about it. You'd think that ther paper with the largest budget in the USA would be able to afford a proofreader...

:D

782730[/snapback]

I've worked at a paper before, and how it works is if they got the image from Getty it's likely it came with its own caption and the writer has little to do with that. The photo editor's job. Sure, they should have double-checked. What else was wrong with it?

It's well-known that the Times' sports coverage is good for little other than some occasional well-written commentaries and more investigative stories. If you want the regular hype and wall-to-wall coverage you go with the tabs.

There is a lot one can criticize the NYT for (read Manufacturing Consent for an in depth critique on newspapers and the Times specifically) but making one mistake in an article isn't one of them. Do you really expect them to go to print with zero mistakes? That is simply impossible.

Of course, when there are agendas to be made any mistake is magnified 1000 times in an attempt to discredit what someone sees as an opposing point of view.

Yeah, I didn't know Christ Villarrial was a two way player.

I don't know if you can call it a mistake per se, but while the article mentions Troy Vincent missed the Miami game, they mentioned nothing about him going on IR, leaving the reader to think he might be back at some point.  And I recall when Ryan Denney came into the league, he was definitely NOT known for his speed.  I don't know if that has changed.

782689[/snapback]

Villarrial is most certaintly not Christ.

There is a lot one can criticize the NYT for (read Manufacturing Consent for an in depth critique on newspapers and the Times specifically)

782743[/snapback]

Somehow I doubt that many of the NYT-bashers here dislike the paper for the reasons set forth in Manufacturing Consent. :D

Not to defend mistakes, but jesus, a positive article about us and even then can we find something to B word about.

782694[/snapback]

Well put. It was a very positive article. Earlier this week or last week, the Times also had a very positive article about WNY (which someone else linked).

I am a paleo conservative. Yet, the NYT is the best newspaper in America. The trashing of the Times is really overdone (especially by the people at Fox and within the VP's office).